Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(positive). Show all reviews
on June 25, 2015
I bought these refillable K-cups for my Keurig for the obvious reason of economics. Being that I am somewhat of a coffee snob and love a good cup of coffee this not only sounded economical to me, it also allows me to use my own coffee grinds of the coffees that I love. I took my time in reading descriptions and reviews of other similar refillable K-cups and chose these MetaCups. Not only were the reviews and ratings the highest, they also have a lifetime guarantee. The company, MetaShop has contacted me via email with tips on the best setting to grind my beans, brewing and answering some of my questions to them as to the best way to empty the used grinds. A finer rather than coarser grind is recommended. Adjusting the gasket on the machine ensures a better cup of coffee. A couple of sharp taps on the counter top before opening the MetaCup to empty used grounds works like a charm. In the ad, it is referenced that free coffee samples are enclosed in the order and I took issue with MetaShop because samples are not enclosed, rather there is a card with a link to access to claim your "free samples", you just pay the shipping and handling. Now my decision to make my purchase was not at all based on the "free samples" of coffee, but I did have a problem with the wording in the ad stating samples would come with my MetaCups. MetaShop promptly responded saying they do not enclose samples that could possibly have been stored in a warehouse getting stale. Good point! I like that. Still, the wording of the ad does not reflect that . After some further email contact, MetaShop informed me they are indeed working on re-wording the ad to better inform the consumer on how to claim their free coffee samples! How great is that? Great company in my opinion. One other possible issue I addressed with MetaShop about the MetaCups is where the lid attaches to the pod. I predict that plastic "hinge" will not last a lifetime and am assured if it indeed does ever separate from the pod, MetaShop will happily make a replacement because of the lifetime guarantee. I love these pods, I love this company and the contact that I have had with them. Most of all, I am loving my coffee!
on June 21, 2015
 I am more than impressed by every aspect of this set. It really is a great product that is suitable for any household and I most surely recommend it!
on July 24, 2015
After I saw an article saying the man who invented the Kcup say he regretted it because of how they are so awful environmentally I'd been on a search for a reusable cup that didn't leave coffee grounds or sludge in the bottom of my cup. This is the one!! I'd tried 4 other ones before finding this on Amazon and I saw the top filter in the lid looked different than the others. That was the secret to success!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I order my Puroast low acid whole bean coffee from Amazon (tummy issues) and grind it to use in this cup. Perfect cup of coffee without adding to the waste in the world.....
on July 2, 2015
This was a replacement for the " Ekobrew Elite SS " that started to come apart in less than 90 days. They never even replied to my e-mail, whereas MetaShop e-mailed me before I even got it to make sure I would be satisfied.

This is built a little different than most cups like this I've seen. The bottom is different so it actually holds more coffee. I like that the lid has a small nub with holes that forces the water below the top of the grounds. I think that is why the coffee tastes better to me.

Love the lifetime no hassle guarantee. Especially after the last experience and that was a lot more expensive.
on October 13, 2015
I was not expecting too much since the price for this particular filter was lower than most of the other similar ones listed but I was very pleasantly surprised. Immediately upon placing my order, I received an email thanking me for my purchase, providing me with information on how to go about getting service if I run into any problems with the product, and a list of helpful tips on its proper use.

Flavor/grind size: I purchased some beans, medium roast, and ground them to a "fine" grind, I guess the equivalent of a number 8 grind. I'm not a coffee connoisseur but the flavor was very rich and bold. I was concerned the brew would come out light as mentioned in some of the other reviews but this was not the case. In fact, I thought it tasted "darker" than the dark roast k-cups I had been drinking until now.

Sediment: I do notice that, with my finely ground beans, some very fine dust-like sediment gets into the cup though it's nowhere near the size of what I found with my previous disposable filter of a different brand/design. The particles are so fine that they tend to stay in suspension and not cake the bottom of the cup. In fact, I would not have noticed them if I had not left my coffee sit for a while. I swirled it around once, finished the cup and no sediment remained. I imagine a larger grind would help with this but I suspect there will always be some dust from the grinding process. It's the dust getting through, not the actual coffee grounds. I imagine this can be a problem with any mesh-type filter as opposed to paper filters. If the idea of drinking anything but crystal clear coffee is unacceptable then I guess you could sieve your grounds before using or just stick with paper filters.

Lid: I can see how the lid might be a bit tricky for some as there is no latch and you don't exactly get a clear "snapping" sensation when it's properly closed. There is a rubber gasket of sorts that forms a seal when the cover is closed so you do have to apply pressure at various points around the circumference of the lid. The filter packaging comes with instructions on how to close the lid but, really, just press around the top until it's flush. Just imagine putting the lid on those disposable plastic cups you get at fast food restaurants. I can't speak for others but the filter I received closed properly and I did not have problems with overflow.

Inserting/alignment: Another thing that wasn't immediately clear to me was that there is a proper alignment when inserting the cup into the brewer. The brewer has a needle which pierces the bottom of disposable k-cups which can be damaged if the cup is not inserted correctly. There are two indentations at the bottom of this filter which I imagine are there to accommodate the needle. Just keep the hinge of the filter pointing up when you insert the filter and you should be ok. In other words, keep the flat edge up (or down).

Cleaning: Cleaning was simple enough. A good rinse under the sink dislodged most of the coffee grounds and gently rubbing with my finger tips got the rest. I wouldn't get too rough with this (ie, using a souring pad) as it is all plastic with a very thin metal mesh but it doesn't seem necessary.

I see several other sellers selling this a very similar product but this particular seller seems to have one of the best prices and service. It clearly states that the filter as a lifetime guarantee so there's that.

All in all, I'd definitely buy again, but hopefully I won't have to.
on June 5, 2015
I purchased this reusable K-cup to replace my old one. The quality of this K-cup is a significant upgrade with a tight seal at the lid.

I am brewing delicious coffee with fresh coffee grounds from my local market at a significant savings over pre-filled cups. Love the how to tips from the seller too :-)
on April 16, 2015
I have been using the product for my Keurig for the last few weeks in my office and I am really happy with the coffee.

It has been nice to have the ability to brew any coffee I wish in my Keurig brewer. I've saved a ton of money because it is much cheaper to grind your own coffee and use a refillable K-cup coffee filter. I'm in a coworking space so there are people brewing coffee all day long.

I noticed that fresh ground coffee has a bolder taste than pre-filled Kcups which was the reason why I started using the MetaCups in the first place!

MetaCups KCups are easy to clean, I just pop them in my dishwasher or rinse them out with hot water.

The are very durable. I have had a bunch of people in the office using the MetaCups coffee filter over a dozen times a day for a few weeks now and there is no sign of wear.

If you are looking for a Reusable Keurig K-Cup, I highly recommend the MetaCups for Keurig 1.0 brewers
on May 10, 2015
The meta cup fits easily into my cuisinart keurig machine and is easy to clean. Some trial and error is required to determine the correct amount of ground coffee to place in the cup for an optimal cup of coffee and there are more grinds left at the bottom of the mug the. when using the disposable K-cups. The best part of the meta cup is the fact that it is much more environmentally friendly then the disposable kind.
on July 9, 2015
So far so good but its early. I got this k-cup filter for a few reasons: the ratings were high, the special 7/4 price deal was good, no BPA's, and the design seems appropriate to my goals. What I like about the design as compared to the run of the mill replacement is that there is limited escape for the coffee during the brewing process. My thought is that this will allow more complete extraction from the grind in the pod as the coffee will spend more time in the path of hot water and more completely immersed as well without 'dead' spots. So far its working well with the standard F**gers grind. It is a bit tight for a home grind from a friend but I'm not holding that against it. It is acting according to design and expectation. After all, if you're gonna' buy high end coffee and roast and grind it properly at home, are you really looking to run it through a k cup filter replacement to achieve your desired end state? For same reason, I don't really think it appropriate to complain to my source about the fineness of the grind. The things that may affect my ultimate long term rating on this will likely revolve around how easy it is to clean and prepare for next use, and its durability. A lot of times, these plastic cups have a tendency to separate from the plastic lids along the plastic hinge. It is worth remembering though the savings achieved and measuring that against longevity and taste to determine ultimate value.
on January 24, 2016
This refillable kcup coffee filter is absolutely perfect for my fresh ground coffees. It's lightweight yet it gives for each cup nothing but brimming hot and flavorable coffee with no watery aftertastes or bitter residues. It fits accordingly with my Keurig k10 coffeemaker's pack holder and remains on hold while the coffee is brewing. No grinds get through the fine mesh which is a advantage in keeping your coffee free from tasting those pesky grits while you're drinking and getting them at the bottom of your cup. To get a good cup of coffee it's best to fill the pod to a 3/4 level just to allow the grounds to breathe and avoid overflowing. It's dishwasher safe but I prefer to wash it manually to protect the pod's delicate mesh. As an reusable kcup filter I'm very happy with its results and the purchase. Highly recommended.