Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

I've been using a variety pack of this brand of stay for a few years, and have been satisfied enough that I've reordered an additional pack in a specific size. I can attest that they do not rust, despite my storing them in their included case in the humid bathroom. They are a ferrous grade of stainless steel, so magnets do indeed stick to them, which it appears some users do help retain them.

I personally would opt to add a wider stay of the same length to the size options, as in some of my shirts, the pockets are so wide that these fall out too easily when my collar is flipped up (getting dressed / tying a tie -- I guess this is where the magnet retention comes in). But for the vast majority of my shirts, these fit such that they stay put, yet slide out easily when I want them to.

It's certainly handy having a whole bunch of these, so I'm not ever hunting for them. They're cherished enough that I'm very careful to stash them away in dedicated places so they eventually make it back to their case (or back into a clean shirt), yet inexpensive enough that I don't feel like I can't give a pair to a co-worker with a jacked-up collar, or stress when I misplace one.
on May 15, 2015
I tracked these down and purchased them after I noticed that my dry cleaner kept stealing the ones that I'd left in my shirts that I'd dropped off for cleaning. Granted, I also starting thinking I shouldn't leave my stays in my shirts when taking them to the dry cleaners--that is, let's share the blame here. In any event these things are good. I've found that having 36 of the things is beneficial rather than overabundant: although at any given stage I only use two (one in either collar corner) in the shirt I'm putting on, the other 34 all figuratively yell out their own suggestions for alternate uses. For instance: you could use one to stab the flesh of a chicken so you can push little sprigs of thyme into it before you roast it; or you could build a tiny steel fence around the perimeter of your daughter's dollhouse, using each stay as a fencepost; or you could position three between the knuckles on either hand and pretend you're a little baby Wolverine whose claws haven't finished growing. Speaking of Marvel characters: there's an episode of Daredevil--I think it's the second or third episode in the first season--where Rosario Dawson's character tells Charlie Cox's character that he should slowly stab a bad guy in a particular spot just above his eye. I think these stays could do that job if sufficiently sharpened. But I'm not a big fan of violent vigilantism so please don't try that. And if you're going to go to effort to stab a bad guy like that, then perhaps just look for a good-quality knife, not a stay. In fact it'd be pretty cumbersome to remove the stay from your shirt during hand-to-hand combat, so in any event it's a better idea on paper than in reality. Long story short: don't wear a business shirt as a vigilante battle outfit. But if you do, then these stays will serve you well. Highly recommended.
on February 8, 2013
My husband always loses his collar stays (meaning our 3yo likes to take them off of the table and play with them), AND his belts are always on the floor. Thanks to another reviewer, I found out they were magnetic. LIGHTBULB!!!!! Solution? This magnetic strip being used for a non-traditional use: NEW, 13 Inch Long Wall-Mount Magnetic Knife Holder, Wall-Mount Tool Holder, Magnetic Knife Strip, w/Three (3) Hanging Hooks. I installed this strip in his closet and now the stays "stay" on the strip, way up high, away from tiny fingers. The bonus were the hooks. They were the main reason why I bought this model and not others. Now his belts have a home too. The stays themselves seem to be made really well and he loves that they don't get flimsy like many of the plastic ones do. I mostly love that he isn't bugging me on his way out the door to find some for him :)
on March 3, 2014
They do their job well. I find that they are exactly the right length for most of my shirts; if they were a millimeter longer they would be too long, so make sure to check that they are the length you need.
They come individually wrapped in plastic and then packed tightly into a plastic box which was cracked and broken when I received it. Not a big deal, but a waste of plastic.
on February 11, 2013
Buy with 1/2 x 1/8 or 3/8 x 1/8 magnets to make your own power stays. They work great, you get more, and they are about half the price!
on December 19, 2012
These stays are perfect. Exactly what I expected. Size works for any shirt, and you get 24 of them - are you kidding? A couple of years ago I spent $90+ on collar stays at Brooks Brothers. I feel violated.
on November 14, 2014
I bought these being suspicious of the "stainless" steel label. I saw that magnets were frequently bought together with the stays. Sure enough, the packaging says "metal" stays, not stainless. Stainless steel has too much nickel to be magnetic. I bought for several reasons. They are metal. They are all one size. They are significantly less expensive when compared to men's store prices. I didn't care if they were not stainless. I don't expect to be in situation where the stays will rust. So I'm ok with the online label inaccuracy in my case. It may make a bigger difference to others.
on July 10, 2013
I bought these specifically to be used as an alternative to the pricier Stiffs magnetic collar stays. My wife gave me the Stiffs previously and I really love them. However, they are far too expensive for what they are. Most metal stays can be bought for around $11 to $12 per 24 (so about 50 cents each). You can also find the high powered magnets for about 50 cents each as well. I ended up buying 5/16 x 1/8 disks. I believe the actual disks are 5/16 x 3/32. I also bought them in N52 rating which makes them a bit stronger than the official ones. I bought 20 of them for $16 including shipping (80 cents per magnet). I now have 20+ sets at just over $1.30 per set. The pricer brand is $40 for 6 sets... $6.66 per set.

No matter how careful I am, I always lose some magnets or leave the stays in the shirts when I send them to the cleaners. I am much happier now that it will only cost me about $1.30 when i lose a set.

UPDATE: Both these collar stays and the magnets are working great. The 5/15 x 1/8 disks are an exact match to what I had prior with the pricey name brand. The magnets are chipping rather easily and one pair snapped in half when they launched themselves at each other on my desk. I am a bit more careful now and have had no problems.
on June 13, 2016
My husband has his shirts made and they always have collar stay slots.
He wanted something more substantial for his shirts so I bought him these. The little box of stays is very heavy! I don't think he'll be losing any of them soon. It'd be hard to forget that they are in the shirt. They hold the tips of his shirt down and flat. They have a good weight and bring the collar down over his tie and keep the tips down.
I'd say that I'd rebuy them in the future, but I think that this box of stays will last a lifetime!
on April 19, 2014
My husband has a lot of shirts with plastic stays that bend out of shape over time (because he forgets to remove them before I wash the shirts!). He recently received a couple of shirts with metal stays and was quite impressed with them.. So I went looking online for metal stays. The quality and cost are the most positive aspects. And he has enough for a dozen shirts!