Metal Evolution 1 Season 2011
1. Pre-Metal Tracing the origins of metal is a phantasmagoric odyssey that traverses cities and countries, oceans and continents. From Memphis' Sun Studio to The Kinks in England.
2. Early Metal Part 1: US Division Darker, heavier music in the sounds of Steppenwolf and Blue Cheer. Followed by the inspired and inspiring sound of Kiss and Aerosmith. Van Halen begins a decade's worth of dominance for the uniquely party hardy metal of America.
3. Early Metal Part 2: UK Division Pouncing on the power of heavy metal, bands such as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Trapeze and Slade were crafting their own loud sounds in response to the bleak industrial environment of Britain's Midlands.
4. New Wave of British Heavy Metal Heavy metal was now boldly out of the closet, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Saxon, Raven and Def Leppard seethed out of the gates with fast, technical, uncompromising metal music, building a fanatical, energized movement.
5. Glam Purveyors of glam such as Bon Jovi, Cinderella and Quiet Riot will divulge their side of the story, revealing the attitudes, influences and decisions which guided them during those days of rampant excess on L.A.'s sunset strip.
6. Thrash Next in the evolution of Metal comes a virulent strain called thrash, with the likes of Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax wreaking vengeance on hook and melody through a rhythmic discipline executed at breakneck tempos topped by harshly barked vocals.
7. Grunge While grunge was enjoying its meteoric rise, replacing the MTV face of Metal that was glam with its own brand of telegenic, easy to digest "rebellion," diehards within the Metal community struggled to adjust.
8. Nu Metal Sam Dunn chronicles the rise and fall of nu metal; starting with pivotal acts Rage Against The Machine, Faith No More and Tool and continuing to pioneering nu metal artists like Korn and Deftones.
9. Shock Rock Starting with the ringmaster of mayhem himself, Alice Cooper, we visit a world of guillotines and gallows, electrocutions and sorcery. We'll then learn how NYC's Kiss dethroned Cooper by taking spectacle one giant leap forward.
10. Power Metal Sam runs into his old friend Ronnie James Dio, who guides him into the fantastical world of power metal, where masculine tales of heroism and epic battles, dragon-slaying and sorcery, burn into the the imaginations of young men.
11. Progressive Metal A genre that takes root with the likes of Rush in the '70s, Queensryche and Fates Warning in the '80s, and Dream Theater in the '90s. Since then, the genre has exploded with creativity, spawning mind-bending, genre-defying acts.
|Director||Sam Dunn, Scot McFadyen|
|Starring||Carmine Appice, Sebastian Bach|
|Supporting actors||Paul Bostaph, Rob Bowman, Don Branker, Geezer Butler, Alice Cooper, Dave Davies, Bruce Dickinson, Robert Ezrin, Kim Fowley, Nelson George, Billy Gibbons, Rob Halford, Kirk Hammett, Glenn V. Hughes III, Scott Ian, Eddie Kramer, Wayne Kramer, Lemmy|
|Producers||Ralph Chapman, Ralph Chapman, Sam Dunn, Liisa Ladouceur, Scot McFadyen, Dave Pattenden|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Sam Dunn gave the American release a cheap dvd r / cheaply printed disc art: I couldn't believe it, I read the other reviews and thought why , what a cheap release , why , no... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Rental Copy Video
I got the blu ray and both disks have the audio at a higher pitch than what was broadcasted originally. Read morePublished 21 days ago by JT
I enjoy the series, the interviews, cameos, music, performances, history, etc...
But what I REALLY wished happened was for more of a true series. Read more
Great series for musicians, metalheads, or just rock enthusiasts. I was not disappointed and learned some new things. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nomad
I'm a huge metal fan and this DVD was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Loved it!!!Published 4 months ago by arnulfo romo
I loved this series as soon as I saw it, I already had a wide knowledge of metal and music in general but this pieces it all together to show the history and family tree of my... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Michael Chumney