Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Metal Lens / Filter Adapter Tube Ring For Nikon P7100 & P7000 58mm
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 7, 2012
Like the previous reviewer (March 2012) mentioned, I had to double check to make sure I purchased the correct adapter as well because the adapter wouldn't fit initially. As it turns out (for those of us that are newbies)the white dot on the camera body is actually part of a protective ring that you have to remove to attached the adapter tube. Just press the button located at the lower right corner of the lens barrel and turn the white dot toward the release button to remove the protective ring. Now to attach the adapter tube, align the red dot on the tube to the release button, make sure the adapter tube is sitting flush against the camera body. Next, gently (but with some force) turn the red dot counter clockwise to lock into position (marked by an indented dot on the camera body). The first time you try to turn, it will be very snug (or at least for my camera it was snug). Once you attach/detach the adapter tube a couple times, it will be a lot easier.
on January 24, 2012
I heard a lot about the Nikon P7000's lens cover not fully opening or closing issue, and although I have not experienced it yet (knocks on wood), I think it MAY have something to do with how well the owner takes care of it in terms of how the camera is stored, carried around, and being used as well. I know some people would just like to "throw" it in a bag with other objects together, or perhaps, accidentally hit the lens covering "doors" to something hard and thus inadvertently damaging them. Whatever the cause and action is, in order to give it a bit of a protection, this metallic adapter seems to be a good investment.

There are two parts, one goes right on to the mounting bracket, which the adapter snaps right in on the P7000's body, and another that extends the adapter to allow a filter to be attached. I have not acquired a 58mm filter yet, so I have no comment in how well it is, and therefore, I only have the part that snaps onto my P7000's body attached, and because its metallic, should give a good protection from things hitting the lens cover around. So far, so good. Picture taking is not interrupted in anyway, but when you have the other part of the adapter attached as well, then you will see the barrel appearing on all 4 corners, when the lens is resting at 28mm position (this is also a reason why I haven't had it mounted with a filter).

Aside from the issue of the barrel "cutting off" the corners, this adapter protects the lens from around, and also kinda gives the P7000 a rather cool look ! I would leave the 2nd part of the adapter alone and not use it unless I really have no choice but to add a filter to it. To me, this has been a good investment.
review image review image
on December 8, 2013
I got this camera because it is the only pocket size camera made now that will accept an adapter tube so you can use filters. I use a polarizer 100% of the time outside. It's easy to pop the adapter tube off when you don't need it. Like other Nikon cameras, the picture quality is amazing. The lithium battery lasts a very long time and recharges fast. It has a number of functions like variable flash intensity and more that you don't find on most other pocket size cameras. This is a very versatile and good quality camera.
on June 14, 2014
This adapter tube is not made for the P7100.
I had to grind down the ring to get it to fit.

To be fair the manufacturer did offer to take it back but it should not be offered as fitting the P7100.
on July 17, 2015
Installs and uninstalls easily.Fits perfectly. Accepts 58mm filters. All metal construction seems sturdy. Only slight inconvenience is that you have to remove the top ring (it's a two-part adapter) and re-install the filter on the bottom ring if you are shooting wide angle to avoid vignetting, but that is not the fault of the adapter, it's the way the camera is made. As a bonus, the company is very easy to deal with. There was a problem, not of their making, but they handled it perfectly. I am a happy customer!
on August 18, 2012
I knew that it would vignette when mounted with both tubes. But it is bit of hassle to remove the outer tube when shooting at wide angle. But this is way better than OEM product and lower priced. I use thin polarizer mounted on this adapter and the results are great.
on January 3, 2013
I have several professional cameras but use the P7000 the most for point and shoot work - love that camera for it's simplicity and this adapter works very well with the P7000.
on March 31, 2012
Just received this item in the mail. It says Nikon P7000 on the item so I know it's the correct item.
Trying to figure out how to attach the adapter ring to the camera body. There is a red dot on the ring which I assume is supposed to line up with the white dot on the camera body, but the ring's opening diameter seems too small to fit on the lens barrel.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance.
on May 7, 2015
Finally able to put a good polarizer on my P7100. Very nice, simple, good fit.
on September 2, 2014
Arived right on time for my trip. Price was right