Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
|Price:||$79.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Great Value with 3 Games at one value price.
- Final chance to get fully immersed in the Metal Gear Solid Universe before the release of MGS 4.
- Includes Directors Cut of Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance.
- Includes Directors Cut of Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.
- Special re-designed packaging artwork from renowned artist Shinkawa.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Lightly armed and facing an army of foes, Snake must avoid firefights in order to survive.
- If Snake is discovered, he can utilize advanced weaponry, ranging from silenced pistols to ground-to-air missiles.
- Enemies react to sight and sound.
- State-of-the-art graphics: Textures, transparencies, models and explosions.
- Suspenseful, gripping story with multiple endings for a truly cinematic experience.
- 350+ VR missions and 150+ alternative missions.
- Play through 5 "Snake Tales" levels involving Solid Snake.
- Skateboarding mode lets you explore the Big Shell as Raiden or Snake.
- Utilize stealth and infiltration methods, such as diving somersaults, hanging from ledges and using disguises.
- Fully interactive environments- bullets pierce steam pipes, smoke reveals laser beams and wet shoes leave footprints.
- Powerful musical score composed by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock)
- Relive history as the cold war and geo-political landscape change.
- Outsmart enemies with camouflage, close-quarters combat, stalking, interrogating, climbing, hunting and treating injuries.
- Pit yourself against an environment where traps catch enemies and prey, threats lurk in the shadows, and noise alert predators.
- Epic musical score composed by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock) and immersive Dolby Prologic II surround sound.
Top Customer Reviews
You may be interested to know about this set however...
The games are not individually shrink wrapped. In fact, the shrink wrap didn't even cover the whole box set and there's an opening on the side which the games "bindings" are. I could almost slip out the games without messing with the shrink wrap at all.
Also, the first game is on a ps1 disc and you need a ps1 memory card or ps3 to save like A. Pintor said. "Metal Gear Solid" is still on 2 discs so the set is 4 discs total.
All the discs are black with white font. So they match as a set but look different than the original released version discs.
Each game has a pretty meaty manual as well that match the front and back of their respective game case.
yup, if you're missing just one game in this series, its worth picking up the set.
I have heard alot of griping because the second disc from Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence is NOT included. Though I was a bit peeved about this at first, I do own an original copy of Subsistence which included the original versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 from the Japanese MSX and I can understand Konami's decision in this regard.
The main draw of the 2nd disc of Persistence was Metal Gear Online. The serves have long been shut down and it would be pointless to release a game you can't even play any longer.
I've also heard much griping about Metal Gear Solid (1) being on two CD-ROM discs instead of a DVD-ROM. Use some logic here folks: Konami is giving you Three games for under $30. The original Metal Gear Solid is quite expensive and/or hard to find anymore. Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance is rather pricey for the PS2 version (the inferior Xbox version is fairly easy to find cheap). And even though the Persistence disc (disc 2) of Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence is not included, all the changes made to the game (camera angles, etc.) ARE included on the disc.
For those new to the series or wanting to pick up the games again since they no longer have them, $10 a piece is pretty damn cheap! For those collector's out there like me, you are getting all three games with beautiful new artwork, Metal Gear Solid in a very nice DVD amaray-style case (yes!) and a cool slipcase to house it all.
If you are playing Metal Gear Solid (one) on a PS2, you will need a PSOne memory card as per usual with all PSOne games. It works just fine on a PS3 (any model) and you can set up a virtual memory card.Read more ›
I haven't played MGS3 in 3 years, since the day it was released in '04, and same with MGS1 and 2 which was a long time ago. They're still the great games I've remembered them to be. If you've kept up in the gaming world, you've heard critical acclaim of these 3 stellar games, and if this is your first time playing MGS and want to backtrack from MGS1 to keep up with the story to follow the upcoming MGS4 installment, then this is a no-brainer to BUY THIS!
There are a few things I dislike about this package and didn't know why in the heck Konami couldn't include. Like another reviewer has said, the MGS3: Subsistence is an incomplete package without the second disc and why couldn't they fix the memory card issue on MGS1? Not only can't we save games if we don't have a original PS1 memory card, but you literally can't find these in stores anymore! Unless you go on eBay. But if you own a PS3 or have a PS1 Memory Card already this just proves you're lucky. With that said, this makes this Essential Collection a bit flawed.
- All three MGS's in one package at a great price.
- Two of them being the "Director's Cut"
- The original MGS on original 'black disc' PSone discs. A rarity to see since they haven't made these in a while.Read more ›
My only qualm with this box set is the decision to leave out disc 2 of the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence set. This second disc contains the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX system. You'd think that by "Essential Collection", that would include the two games that started it all!
However, the other games are presented in their original state and they are incredible. Well worth it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great collection of Metal Gear solid games for the PS2. Was a gift for my son who continues to play these as a side distraction from his other newer consoles (XBONE & PS4)Published 1 month ago by Richard B.
First I would like to say is this is a awesome deal you can hardly find metal gear solid 1 for the ps1 and if you do its 70$ and I got all 3 games for only 20$ and it arrived 2... Read morePublished 4 months ago by A. Salinas
Just what I wanted! The alternate art work on the game cover is awesome and it looks great with my other collections. If your a metal gear fan this is absolutely necessary.Published 5 months ago by Bruce Lim
Awesome game series. Ingenious and riveting. The game is compelling and exciting with it's covert gameplay and provocative plot.Published 13 months ago by Jon Curry