Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance forum

Metal Gear Solid Rising

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2010 11:16:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 2:59:49 AM PDT
Rubio Quake says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 8:09:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 7:31:40 PM PST
Leon Evelake says:
A hype statement, is this even intended to create a discussion?

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 10:51:42 AM PST
This game will either suck completely or be amazing... please dont screw this up!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 7:31:29 PM PST
Leon Evelake says:
Given its change in direction I would say suck.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 11:36:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2011 2:08:32 PM PST
Gray Fox says:
I personally would like to play a game similar to the one i saw i 2009 in metal gear solid rising than the over the top hack and slash gameplay that i see in metal gear rising. Also I know that this focuses mainly on Raiden but does it have to be after MGS4 where he at least i saw that he turned his back on mindless killing and now i see him killing five guys like he enjoys it? I would also like to add does Raiden really need to cut one guy 50+ times before he kills someone and later on I see him cut Ray i half with one stroke. After I saw the VGA trailer i thought to myself that it should be called Metal Gear Rising Fruit Ninja.

Another thing that i would like to point out is the subtitle revengance, I was fine with Transfarring but this is too much.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 12:42:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2011 12:43:05 AM PST
mister_man says:
MGS Rising WILL suck. Platinum games has even said that they have NO intention of honoring the "hunter stealth" gameplay previously promised by Kojima studios. I don't exactly mind that it was fast paced, but to not also have stealth (maybe a fast, hunter style stealth) is just too much to ignore. Platinum Games is a GREAT company but they are all wrong for making a Metal gear related game (at least based on the fact that they are blatently ignoring the stealth aspects completely in an arrogant attempt to make yet another DMC/ninja Gaiden/Bayonneta/Vanquish clone). The head of Platinum games is very arrogant--watch his interviews on youtube about the MGR rising project. He thinks that because he made Bayonneta and Vanquish, that suddenly his team is one of the best. Rising is trash without any stealth.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 6:39:13 AM PST
beema says:
There is no such thing as MGS Rising anymore. It's Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 12:38:33 PM PST
Crabman says:
Oh hell, are you saying it's going to turn MGS into a hack and slash?

I'm fine with it being that way for this, who didn't see raidens scenes in MGS4 and think "damn, I wish I could do that!".

But if all the following games are like that, forget it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 12:51:16 AM PST
T. Dooley says:
Looks like devs at Konami are trying to reinvent Devil May Cry.

This is going to be about as bad as when Resident Evil went FPS.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 12:58:50 PM PST
M. S. Lanak says:
WOW. You guys are not even giving this game a chance. This is not the direction of Metal Gear Solid, this is a spin off. Kojima's team was unable to complete the game so Kojima had to give it away to Platinum games. You are lucky you are even seeing this game at all. It is meant to be fast paced fun.

and How do you guys know this game will just suck? If it is anything like their previous efforts, then it will just be pure fun. Kojima handed this game off to them, he obviously saw something that they could do with it. Stop acting as if they are desecrating your "beloved" franchise, especially when Kojima's team is writing the story and this game is simply a spin off.

Kojima's team screwed up, not Platinum Games. Get over it and stop acting like this game is the worst thing to ever grace the market.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2011 3:25:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2011 3:30:06 PM PST
Leon Evelake says:
DO you realize that they story did not change until platinum came on board? I dont think any body has said who is writing it. And whether or not some of kojimas guys are onboard it looks very out of place. So much that kojima made comments about fans having to wait for a real metal gear sequel.

@ GRay Fox
revengence is a real word.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 2:59:03 AM PST
Sheex says:
My problem is WHERE'S THE PRECISION CUTTING!? I'm not gonna buy a game where I cut all my fruit in one mind-numbingly generic animation. I need to cut my watermelon into slices so thin I can't even see them, so that I'll just have to assume I cut them. If there's no precision cutting like we saw at the beginning, before we saw it's actually Metal Gear May Cry, then no sale. How else will Raiden enjoy a tasty Banana Split if he can't cut the banana down the middle? PG better ease our minds and show us that system, in use, in one of its trailers. I'm fine with hack-n-Slash, as long as it still has the good cutting system too, that was the hook when first announced!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about