5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Razor, awesome value!
Published on December 8, 2010 by Jared D. Van Vranken

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on December 26, 2011 by Terry B

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Razor, awesome value!, December 8, 2010
Jared D. Van Vranken "CALLICLES1984" (BALLSTON SPA, NEW YORK United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using Gillette Mach 3 for almost 10 years and these little disposables are just as good and even get a closer shave. They maneuver in tighter spots much easier than any multi-blade out there and are really sharp. I've tried single blade disposables before and they are terrible, but these are smooth and as I said, just as good as any multi-blade I've ever used. One thing, give yourself a couple shaves to get used to the correct angle you need when using these, as you can cut yourself if you aren't careful. Go a little slower than normal to get the feel for it at first. One thing I noticed too is they don't leave nearly as much razor burn as the Gillette, my neck has never looked better. Highly recommend, and the price is unbeatable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget overpriced crap and be a man, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Bic Metal Shaver, Five Count Packages (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)
Give up your seven blade Gillette and get real. Use with old school cream like colonel conk. Works wonders on my white trash Joe Dirt scrubble. Last forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best overall shave, November 30, 2012
This design, which no longer seems to be available in stores, gives the best overall shave. The beard is raised by a single bar, then closely cut. Yes they are sharp but that's what you want in a shave. One razor lasts up to a month, especially if you dry it after use. After all, these are steel blades, they won't wear out from rubbing against your skin, it is actually oxidation that pits away at a razor to make it dull. Keeping it dry makes it last longer.
By the way, it is also easy to clean out.

Don't fall for the gimmick of multiblades - just get the one and save $ and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy These, You Will Not be Disappointed., July 5, 2011
I am not a big fan of 3 or 5 blade razors that can be found everywhere now. First of all the price is too high and they are not good enough to justify the price. That said, I started purchasing the disposable razors. First I tried the Gillette disposable razors and they were just ok. Then I tried the Schick brand and it wasn't any better. These two brands are very similar and both had 2 blades. Since I was not happy with any of these brands I started reading some reviews for something new. Now the Bic Metal Guard, after reading the reviews I decided to give these a try. These do not come with 2 blades but only one, and they do not have the fancy lubricating strip that the other brands do but, and here is the big but, they work much much better than Gillette or Schick. The single blade does a great job staying sharp throughout the shave (I shave both my face and head) and never gets clogged with hair like the multi blades do. Bottom line, if you are looking for disposable razors that work great and are cheaper than Gillette and Schick then give these a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, reasonably good quality, but very sharp!, July 13, 2012
Like many others I have not been happy with the razor offerings in the Big Box stores in my area, as "everybody" has gone to 4 stacked blades and up, with costs on the order of $5 or more per razor, etc. And, to top it off, these 4 stack, 5 stack, 6 stack razors do not perform as well as a single blade razor when it comes to closeness. Actually, I do think that a 2 stack razor might be the sweet spot for performance, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.

Anyway, this product, the cost was in the pennies per razor and the suckers really are sharp, which is almost a complaint... I have managed to cut myself a couple of times with these, so user beware and be careful... pay attention when you're using them. (especially around the lips, as it's pretty easy to clip off a little folded lip skin if you're not careful)

Bottom line, they work well, and seem to last a long time... My beard must not be very tough because I can make one of these blades last me for weeks (the instructions say they should be excellent for 3-4 shaves... I'm at 20+ and counting!) They also give a far closer cut than I can get with anything but a brand new 5 stack razor, which will only give that equivalent cut for the first few shaves with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a believer, February 12, 2013
I've never used disposable razors on a consistent basis but I did use the Mach3 and other razors marketed for men for several years, owing to their sharpness. Still, not quite close enough for the underarms. Been using this little razor for a week and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Added 4-5 minutes to my shaving time because I have to go slowly.

The other reviewers are right, the blades are very sharp. Whatever its appearance this is definitely sharper than many plastic body razors. Anything other than light pressure on the blade will likely result in nicks and blood. Also advise against overly-emollient creams or oils that could cause this razor to glide along too quickly.

Maybe the 5-minutes will come off with more practice but I find residual stubble after a fresh shave much more annoying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 26, 2011
Based on the good reviews I had read, I thought I would go ahead and order in bulk. I've been a disposable razor user for a long time. Some good, some not so much. I would have to place this one in the latter category. My beard is fairly heavy and I prefer a close shave, while leaving my skin intact. I can't say this was the case with this razor. It did not matter what angle I used, either it left a lot of stubble or I was hacking off pieces of my epidermis. It kind of made me think that the metal bar was just a gimmicky kind of thing. For me at least, it's back to the multi- blade razors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, September 7, 2012
This razor cut the heck out of me and I ended up throwing them away, disappointing because of all the good reviews.

This reinforced my new Amazon philosophy - 'Whenever buying something you haven't used before - no matter how awesome the reviews - buy it in the smallest quantity available.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Bic Mens Metal Guard Shaver, March 28, 2013
Bic has been on top of my list for razors. Affordable razors and they don't go dull after a few shaves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Between a double blade and a single, March 26, 2013
These razor really reduce the amount of ingrown "Pseudofolliculitis barbae". I have less itch, ingrown hair and irritation when using this classic razor. Buying on Amazon is way better than driving all over town trying to find razors. I would recommend this product, because it is closer shave than a single blade, but not as irritatining as a double. If you have sensitve skin it is great for shaving and clean shaving bald heads.