5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!
best album i've purchased in years!!

Published 11 months ago by jbeck21

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture. DO NOT BUY THIS ONE. Did NOT receive what I ordered
Do not buy this CD. I looked at the packaging to ensure it was the foldout/digipak version before purchasing because I did not want just the plain version. The product that arrived was the plain one and was NOT the one pictured. I do NOT recommend this to anyone wanting what is pictured.
Published 3 months ago by Scott L Searls

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!, December 12, 2013
This review is from: Metallica Through The Never (Music From The Motion Picture) (Audio CD)
best album i've purchased in years!!

i'm the usual old-school Metallica fan. used to love their stuff back in the day before kids, career, etc cut into my time to crank the metal. then i was on business in seattle a while back and saw their new movie was playing at the IMAX in 3D. no kids, no wife and no curfew. paid my $30 and that show just kicked my teeth in. it's an unreal production to say the least. if you ever get the chance, go see it!

anyway, i was looking for a gift for my older brother for xmas and came across this cd (bluray isn't out until january). so, being the kind brother i am i thought i should have a listen before hooking him up on xmas. one would hate to give a lame gift and all.

it arrived today and i opened it like a 15 year old kid. pouring over every detail. the packaging looks b@d@ss and the design is super sharp. not your standard cd wrap at all. very, very nice presentation. i opened the cd tray, dropped it in, adjusted the eq and...............holy mother of god this album rocks!

dust off your old audio gear boys cause that POS sound bar you bought from best buy just isn't going to cut it. this is Metallica the way it is supposed to sound. loud, wide open, amps cranked and the boys just kicking @$$. gone are the days of the "overly compressed" sound like we got from Rick Rubin on Death Magnetic. though Magnetic was a great album but the sound just grates on my ears. Rubin produced Eminem's new album and he over compressed that great album as well. thank god they got it fixed on this album. sound is dialed in and very, very well balanced.

this album is why Lars can boast, "Yes, We Sell Out --- Every Seat In The House!!"

so just buy it. you will thank me later. merry xmas!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live Orion, October 11, 2013
5 stars for the live version of Orion. Literally been waiting 27 years for this. I bought the CDs for this one song.

Perfect song to close out the film and probably my favorite song in the Metallica catalog. Live & Raw. Perfection. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for Orion, like it for the songs, March 16, 2014
The Orion track is worth buying this album. Great version and it my favorite song overall (any version of it).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Metallica Performance!, November 4, 2013
I was waiting for this movie...and the wait was worthy! I guess this is one of the best Metallica performance: it's clean, flawless and at the right speed. It is well known that Lars always speeds up all songs on stage, but now they did it very well. I will enjoy this soundtrack till the last second!

Review update:

The CD box is pretty cool. It comes with a logo stencil for paint over any surface. Audio quality it's really cool. I'am Metallica fan and I must say that despite there is no new material in this new release I'm very glad to have it. I hope they release a new album soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars LIVE AND LOUD!!!, April 18, 2014
The good peoples of Metallica have delivered again!!! One of my fav live albums of all time! You won't be disappointed with this one... Every note is spot on and sounds better than the studio versions of the songs!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Enthusiastic Stars!!! Great release!!!, November 15, 2013
Picking this up was really a treat. I have not bought a Metallica album since the Black album and this has rekindled my interest in checking out their newer material. The sound quality on this is excellent and James sounds great and Kirk is blistering as usual. The sound of the drums and bass is tight and heavy and pretty close to perfection. One glitch for around 5-7 seconds as other have mentioned on Ride The Lightning due to the tesla coil (which has to be the coolest stage prop ever!) but that does not ruin the song for me. Truly a great release and a must for any "old-school" Metallica fan. One question, why only one week in IMAX. I would LOVE to see this on IMAX, please bring it back!!! It is hard to pick favorite songs on this but Wherever I May Roam is incredible, And Justice For All is brutally good, and all of the old stuff is stunning! Special mention to the new version (not live) of Orion...mindblowing! Well done boys!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Live Album, October 13, 2013
This is the best they have sounded in over 20 years,vocals and instrumental. Orion is worth the price alone! Great Live Album!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Live Metallica, January 20, 2014
well worth the money and the sound quality is excellent. I like this CD set even better than the Binge & Purge recordings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for anyone who enjoyed the movie., October 9, 2013
Robert (Troy, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
I would have considered myself a casual fan of Metallica before watching the movie Through The Never. The movie blew me away and so does this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent dvd with an very clear picture and great sound.., September 27, 2014
K. Baer (California USA) - See all my reviews
This has to be about the best picture and sound I have seen of a Metallica dvd.. Crisp, sharp picture.. And excellent sound.. The storyline is not bad either, as it goes back and forth with the concert.. I was actually not a fan of theirs till the so called " Black " album. I found myself drawn to their hard edge and driving beats.. My favorite song has to be " For Whom the Bell Tolls " !!!! Great song and I also like how it was used in the beginning of the movie " Zombieland "..