Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 30, 2009
I picked this title for my review because this happens to be the title of a book I wrote 58 years ago. Stock writes pretty much what I would write if I were motivated to write a new book on the same subject. I am an old man by now, with diminished motivation. Stock reaches the same conclusion that I reached, but with extensive documentation and current evidence. I wish Stock had picked a different title for his work and also stressed to a greater extent that the emergence of a Global Super Organism is fully in line with the evolutionary process. I highly recommend this book to all those interested in the human future.

Fred Kohler [..]
on February 19, 1998
I couldn't be happier to have stumbled apon this book. The supporting documentation was wonderfully rich and complete and the book itself was both interesting and positive. Anyone interested in gaining perspective on their place in life or the directions in which change is pulling the world should give this a read.
on December 14, 2005
Yvette Borcia and I review business books relating to our consulting practIce. But I had to tell you about Metaman, which I read a few years ago. It remains clear in my mind, as few books ever will. If you seek knowledge and true insight, Gregory Stock has written a book that I think you will love. I quote Stock in capturing a bit of the essence of this book: "An understanding of Metaman clarifies the fundamental dynamics shaping human society."

I own and cherish my copy, as I believe you will too. In fact I have two copies-one I read and robustly marked up, one in mint condition that I hold for the future. A book of this stature comes along only once in a very great while! Read and appreciate it.
on June 8, 2001
Well-researched, densely packed, but highly readable and completely free of academic jargon and New Age leaps of faith. I came away from the book a believer - optimistic for the very-long run, maybe not for us in the 21st century, but for those who will come later on. This is a good antidote to post-Sept 11, 2001 pessimism, but only if you take a long-view.