5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation is concentration used to know God
I believe that this little book of spiritual meditations is valuable no matter what your religious background happens to be. It emphasizes the interconnectiveness of all true spiritual paths; indeed, the text starts off with a prayer for a united world. It is useful for either formal meditation practice, or deep focused prayer.
Meditation, as it is used here, is the...
Published on January 17, 2004 by OAKSHAMAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
oh dang!!!! i really wanted the BLUE one because that's the one I first saw so long ago.
Published 24 days ago by LIBRARY GIRL

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Mighty, January 2, 2006
This review is from: Metaphysical Meditations (Self-Realization Fellowship) (Paperback)
This little book can be kept in pocket or purse. For decades I have known about its power to change the reader from darkness to light, from despair to hope, and from "give me" to "I give." Far ahead of its time, "Metaphysical Meditations" by the famous teacher Paramahansa Yogananda (Self-Realization Fellowship) will not disappoint. First published in 1932 by a teacher who sees positive similarities in many of the world's religions, this book urges the reader to actively pursue spiritual growth, self-love, love for others, kindness and positive thoughts for all our concerns. I love ya Yogananda, wherever your spirit is residing! Bless you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable & Potent, July 25, 2004
I love this little pocket sized devotional book. I use it daily before and after meditation.

The other great part of it is its size. It fits easily in my purse and in even in my back pocket, so I take it with me on doctor appointments and on hiking trails. The cover is dark blue and discreet for those who prefer to keep their public spiritual readings private.

The content is absolutely beautiful & powerful in getting and/or keeping ones mind & emotions in line with The Divine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep this in my car for quick upliftment!, March 23, 2011
This tiny book has hundreds of wonderful prayers, thoughts and loving ideas about how to grow closer to God. Yogananda's words are full of soul power and heart longing. They are clear, easy to understand and incredibly uplifting. It is a beautiful book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Set Your Intention, October 11, 2008
This little book is a gem for meditators and the like. Read one of Paramahansa's eloquent poems and move into stillness to ride the waves of bliss. I use it before meditating and floating. It also makes a great gift to meditators and yogis. A wonderful collection of Yogananda's writings!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book belongs in every household!, October 25, 2013
It's the perfect size to tuck into your pocket or purse as you dash out the door to any appointment where you may find yourself " waiting". The dialog is the right length to fill in the gaps in a day when you find yourself waiting on or for someone or something. It is also an ideal book to use at the end of a meditation session or to read aloud to a yoga group during savasana. It is great to read a passage upon awakening and reflect on it throughout the day. It is also a lovely book to read a passage from prior to turning out the light at night for pleasant thoughts as one drifts off to sleep.This book is as handy a Swiss Army Knife- it can be used in so many ways!

5.0 out of 5 stars prayer- the real divine power of love, December 2, 2009
thank you yogananda to give us this book! prayer and meditation- the real access to the divine. also described in Jesus The Book how jesus healed and realized wonders through praying to his father. like yogananda does and describes here....all we need to do the same is real access to our divine nature which lies directly in front of us inside our hearts. and thanks to this book, it's easier for us to find. thank you yogananda!

5.0 out of 5 stars A BOOK THAT MAY BE UTILIZED UNTIL..........., September 25, 2012
I've had this book on my bed side for over 40 years and will probably remain handy and utilized till I have finished this life. The book fosters a Universal love of God, of humans and of all life forms....

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Affirmations, March 4, 2013
From the first time I started reading this small book of meditations my life and thoughts have benefited. It has been over 25 years now and I am still finding solace and joy from these beautiful and poetic prayers, affirmations and meditations from Paramahansa Yogananda.

5.0 out of 5 stars attention: this book crosses over all cultural boundaries and is timeless., February 15, 2014
Everyone in the world should have a copy of this little book. It has deep thoughts and meditations within that people of todays stressed out world need to read. If I could afford it I would mail a copy to as many people as I could reach. love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motivation to mediation, July 6, 2013
marlene moe (THE VILLAGES, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I started out with 5 min every morning just quietly repeating any of the phrases or prayers A good way to start thenday

Metaphysical Meditations (Self-Realization Fellowship)
Metaphysical Meditations (Self-Realization Fellowship) by Paramahansa Yogananda (Paperback - June 1, 1967)
$6.50