5.0 out of 5 stars Great detergent, easy to use refill
Published on May 3, 2011 by Emily Steed

3.0 out of 5 stars clean clothes - horrible pump
Love the new packaging concept, love Method, and it DOES get your clothes clean. I have a front loader and for a normal load I use 6 pumps. I have had no problems with stains not coming out in any of my kids clothes, and everything smells great, not that smell should be your top concern, but they smell good.

This only gets 3( it went down another star after...
Published on June 11, 2010 by J. Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detergent, easy to use refill, May 3, 2011
Emily Steed (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
If you're looking at this product, chances are you've used the Method pump bottle laundry detergent, so I don't need to sell you on how great it is. This refill package is a great addition to the Method Laundry line of products. I just received my first refill bag from Amazon and used it to fill up a nearly empty pump bottle. The cap on the bag screwed off easily with no messy detergent dripping out. The bag has an integrated handle and clear and simple instructions - basically "pick up here and tip to pour" that work well and easily. I was able to refill my pump bottle with no mess and no drips on my hands, the bottle, or the counter. This is great refill packaging. I would caution, though, that having a pump bottle really is necessary to use it - it's so concentrated, that trying to pour the right amount out of the bag directly into the washer will likely result in using WAY too much detergent. Overall - great detergent, great packaging for the refill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laundry Detergent!!, March 31, 2010
My favorite Laundry detergent before now was Arm & Hammer Clean Burst but I haven't purchased it for a while because I have switched to cleaning products that are better for the environment, I have been using the Kirkland Brand which I really don't care for... smells too soapy but it works. I was hesitant to buy this because I was worried with a small bottle like this it just wouldn't work... also I thought the price was a little steep, 25 or 50 loads doesn't sound like much for the price but I decided to go for it. The smell is WONDERFUL, smells so clean and fresh coming out of the washer... even the dryer, Love It! And as far as performance it works great, no complaints there! Besides this laundry soap using less plastic for packaging and being better for the environment.... the size of this bottle is life changing! No more lugging around the big laundry soap bottle, no more measuring the soap in a cup and then having to rinse the cup thoroughly so its doesn't drip down the side of the bottle and leave a big gooey mess to clean up later! Just squirt 2-6 squirts (depending on load size) to the laundry and FINISHED! This is well worth it... I gain several minutes of my life back every time I do laundry!, loose the frustrations of a big laundry soap bottle, help the environment AND make my cloths smell better then any other laundry soap has ever done! I'm sold! If your still hesitating... go to methods website, they currently have a $2 off coupon (I printed for my next bottle) for you to print and then go pick up a bottle from Target or elsewhere and give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, June 10, 2012
Let me begin by saying that I tried the Method products in an effort to make our household more eco-friendly. I have a diffcult time finding laundry products that work and I have used one of the top-rated laundry detergents for years, because it was effective. We have 2 very active boys, one with allergies, and hard water, so finding a product that can remove a myriad of stains and break down and rinse clean is a challenge. Therefore, I feel that we have given this product a complete and thorough testing. Allow me to list my favorite points about Method laudry detergent.

1. It works! We have thrown everything from grass and sweat stains, to grease and coffee and it has removed them all. It hasn't faded our blacks, nor bled the colors in our brights. It rinses clean. Our clothes feel cleaner coming out of the wash.

2. It is its own pre-treater. It cleans just as well, maybe better than my old pre-treater. Once again I have used a major name brand in the past. Now I only need one product!

3. Fragrance. So many products come in either no scent or lavender, which I cannot tolerate. The fresh air fragrance simply smells clean and is so mild that it does not irrate my son's allergies. (I had to wash his stained clothes twice. Once to remove the stains in 'normal' detergent, because the gentle detergent couldn't handle the tough stuff, then again in a 'free and clear' to remove the fragrance.)

4. The Company. Method's commitment to cleaning and the enviroment are fantastic. If you haven't checked out their website, I recommend that you do. It is amazing what we as consumers can do, simply by choosing to make our purchases from companies committed primarily to improving the world rather than increasing profit. I also use the Squeaky Green dryer sheets and look forward to trying more of their products in the future.

5. Price! I actually save money by using the Method products and Amazon's Subscribe and Save. It only takes 5 pumps to wash an extra large load and is available in a refillable pump. Even without counting that I no longer need my old pre-treater, it is still less expensive and way less packaging than my old product. Plus it ships to my door, no more coupons or buying double because it is on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco friendly, gentle, and effective, November 11, 2011
Heather (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Method 8X Concentrated Laundry Detergent 50 loads, Lavender Cedar (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this Method Lavender and Cedar laundry detergent after going all over town trying to find my normal laundry soap (Ecos lavender) to no avail. I have been less than thrilled with many Method products, they smell wonderful, but personally I don't feel the majority of them are effective. (For example, I only buy their Anti-Bac for sanitizing the kitchen counters, but wouldn't use the dish soap to wash my hands let alone dishes) At my last stop on my search, I snagged the last clearance bottle of Method laundry soap, and I figured I would give it a try for two reasons- since I was totally out of Ecos and had 3 loads to do, and I figured if nothing else, it's better than buying mainstream laundry detergent and breaking out in a rash. It would buy me some time at least to order the Ecos. Well, I was actually thrilled. The scent is light, definitely not noticeable once dry, but I am okay with that since my goal is clean clothes and no rashes, not smelling like an apple or whatever. My last load of laundry was done by the male in my house, so no stain pretreat, and no Borax which is part of my normal routine (kitchen laundry -aprons, oily rags, a bloody towel from a fight lost with a knife which had dried and was not soaked or spot treated) and they came out perfect. No blood, no oil, no pomegranate stains, etc. I am thrilled. Think it's more effective than my normal, and despite a slightly higher price tag I think I will be sticking with the Method laundry soap. Hope this helps you make up your mind.

3.0 out of 5 stars clean clothes - horrible pump, June 11, 2010

This only gets 3( it went down another star after the third bottle I purchased stopped altogether, even after aligning as it says on the package AND with plenty of detergent left. ) stars from me because when it gets to the near end, say 1/4 of the bottle left, you are not able to get the product out and there tends to be a lot of air and bubbles instead. On this new occasion I have at least three inches of detergent left and it won't pump anything at all, not even air and bubbles.

This would seem like a normal problem with something in this sort of container, so I hope they can find a way to fix that issue. I can't say I won't look for something else if it means when I have 1/4 of a bottle left and I am running around looking for something to pour it in and hoping I get the right amount.

Someone else added in comments that 1 tbs = 4 pumps. Thanks for that info.

MARCH 2013 -

I hadn't purchased method since this review, even though I liked the detergent. Recently I bought it again after trying a free sample. I noticed that the pump is now angled at the bottom. I cannot remember if it was this way originally? My last bottle worked well when being angled toward the new pump. I don't know if it is hit and miss at this point or not !

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Critic Impressed, April 12, 2010
IMApisces "IMApisces" (Seattle, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
I'm amazed at how good this stuff works. After getting over my separation anxiety from Tide and an awful color fade experience with Ecos brand, Method has proven to be the best "green" laundry detergent... and quite possibly the best period. But I do have one complaint!

The complaint is that at first, my clothes were much drier and less soft when comparing Tide (even with liquid fabric softener and a dryer sheet). I figured out the problem was that 4 pumps was not enough for a standard wash as the instructions noted. I consider my wash loads pretty standard, and the trick was using 6 pumps for a standard wash by my standards. At 6 pumps, clothes were much softer. So you're really getting closer to 33 loads per bottle vs. 50. I'm sure 50 are based on a 4 pump average.

Also, after putting a dab of Method on two chocolate stains and working it in the stains with a toothbrush, they completely washed out. Not a single trace, nor was there a spot color fade. But it didn't do so good with an oil-based stain on the first wash (I used Zout pre-treat spray for the second wash, which solved the problem).

Last but not least, be forewarned that the pump will not consistently squirt the same amount of detergent each time if it is not held upright and aligned with the suction tube. So aim and shoot carefully!

With all this in mind, I believe the above mentioned score weighs fair against 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love/hate relationship, March 20, 2011
I love the eco-friendliness. I love that the detergent is super-concentrated. I love the small bottle. I love the pump dispenser. I love the price per load (well, the price I paid at my Whole Foods, which was MUCH less than the current Amazon price of nearly $20). Basically, I love it all EXCEPT for one important thing.

I hate what it's doing to my fabrics. This detergent is leaving my fabrics rough to the touch and the colors faded. My fabrics aged at least a year after about 3 months of washing.

Such a shame, and maybe my water is playing a part, but I'm sad that I won't be using this detergent anymore.

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I'm missing something?, May 31, 2010
After one day and several loads of laundry - including a variety of load size, water temperature, and soil level - I have to say I'm not impressed.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but my clothes certainly don't appear to be as clean as Method claimed they'd be. The clothes do feel softer than they have in the past, so maybe the Method product removed some amount of build-up from my regular detergent (Tide Free). The clothes smell fresh (I purchased the Free + Clear). However, and this is a HUGE however - my whites quite simply didn't come out white. I have a husband who plays ultimate frisbee (you want to talk about dirty socks!), and two young boys who spend lots of time in the dirt and sand. And after washing, their socks look just as dirty as when they went in. I even added the extra 2 pumps, as recommended on the side of the bottle. But no luck.

I'm all about the environment, but the price is steep, especially given that I'm not 100% satisfied. Seriously - this product boasts 50 loads per bottle at $15/bottle. If you account for the additional "pumps" recommended for large loads or more "soiled" clothing, you're getting fewer than the 50 claimed. My regular detergent is about $17 for 96 loads. Even accounting for fewer loads than they claim, this still makes the Method product 3 times more expensive. Ouch!

I've used other Method products over the past couple of years, but this one just didn't live up to the hype.

One plus - as mentioned by other reviewers - the bottle is nice and small compared to other brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved, light packaging. Want to try a scent next time., January 20, 2010
I've been a fan of Method's laundry soap for a while. I love the fact that it is easy on our environment, but I have to say, I also buy it because it is easy on my back. I lug my laundry up and down four flights of stairs to the basement of our apartment building. I really appreciate Method's focus on keeping the water and other fillers out of this soap.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the pump mechanism, but I do. I've done about 10 loads of laundry with this bottle and so far -- no drips and no leaks.

I do like fresh smelling laundry though. I'm going to try a scented kind of Method soap next time.

2.0 out of 5 stars I love method but my dark clothes don't, October 15, 2010
I use almost 100 percent Method products and love them so I couldn't wait to try the new laundry detergent. It does clean well, smells great and lasts a long time. Unfortunately after about one bottle's worth of washing, my dark/bright clothes have all faded dramatically.

I might keep using this on sheets and towels but I'm sad about my faded clothes.

Rate and Discover Movies