Published on November 14, 2008 by Dr. Solaiman Ali

2.0 out of 5 stars school
I'm currently using this book for school, and although the material is a bit useful it is not the easiest to actually understand. I am getting reinforcement through my teacher, but without him I wouldn't have much interest in the books flow. I guess not the strongest book to use for teaching a second language.
Published 21 months ago by dliburd

5.0 out of 5 stars Methodology in Language Teaching edited by Jack C. Richards & Willy A. Renandya, November 14, 2008
Dr. Solaiman Ali (Bloomington, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Methodology in Language Teaching: An Anthology of Current Practice (Paperback)
As a long-time English teacher teaching English as a Foreign Language, I have used several methodology textbooks. I have long been looking for one book that answers some of my persisting pedagogical questions. I have found answers to those questions in the succinct articles of this anthology. In particular, I have found the following sections immensely useful and refreshing to read: section 1 (Approaches to Teaching); section 5 (Task and Project Work); section 13 (Teaching Writing); section 15 (Technologies in the Classroom); and section 16 (Professional Development). I use this book as a source to inform my current teaching of Technical Communication and other writing courses, and professional growth and development.

M. Solaiman Ali, Ph.D.
School of Engineering
King Abdulaziz University
Jeddah

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, and very enlightening, October 18, 2005
Each short chapter provides a different point of view on a variety of topics relevant to language teaching. It definitely does not drag on and on, making it very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, December 24, 2012
It's all I expected. I've bought this book to help in my college studies and I think it accomplishes that.

2.0 out of 5 stars school, October 15, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Condition, September 21, 2008
H. Boswell (Lynchburg, VA) - See all my reviews
The book came quickly and is in perfect condition. It is such a helpful book and the service was great!

Methodology in Language Teaching: An Anthology of Current Practice
Methodology in Language Teaching: An Anthology of Current Practice by Jack C. Richards (Paperback - April 8, 2002)
$47.38 $42.28