Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Metra 70-2003 Radio Wiring Harness For GM 98-08 Harness
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 11, 2014
Where do I begin... I had an ultra difficult time finding the right wiring harness to fit my 04 Silverado. Amazon even said it wasn't going to fit my vehicle! I didn't want to spend over 50 bucks on just my harness in order to have a dinging sound or other safety features I could care less about. I connected wire to wire only to find out my deck wasn't going to turn on! The additional red 12v acc wire that comes with the harness was a life saver. I had to run the red wire from my deck harness all the way to my fuse box and tap into it via the windshield wiper fuse. I just used a fuse tap that I purchased from AutoZone and presto it finally worked! This was my first time ever to install a deck and no doubt this was a speed bump. If it wasn't for the comments of this harness about the fuse tap I would have been completely lost (its on the directions too!). To help others deciding if this harness is going to fit vehicle wise I am going to show the list the harness comes with.
BUICK
-Silhouette 2000-04
-Saturn Relay 2005-07
SUZUKI
-Vitara 1999-04
66 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
I had a bit of trouble finding which wiring harness would fit a 2003 Silverado (No OnStar or anything else fancy). The first one I was shipped wasn't the correct harness, went to Best Buy and they said they have one and it is 109.00, just for the harness. Ordered this one and it works great. 105.00 less than BB...
on June 26, 2010
Great harness and great price, I'm writing this review to help someone find a great harness and doesn't want to spend over $80 for a harness (harness that holds the car chimes)
Tip during installation, since the Malibu classic doesn't provide a +12V ignition/accessory cable in the factory harness an extra red wire is provided so you can go to the fuse box and tap into it. Well, i found it more convenient to tap straight into the ignition harness, I use the accessory wire of the ignition wires(brown color). I connected my aftermarket radio illumination wire (orange white line) to the solid orange color of this harness. Hope this helps someone since I went to a little of trouble myself installing the radio and now I enjoy my aftermarket radio.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
I was hesitant to buy this because Amazon said it would not fit this vehicle, but I took a real good look at the picture and the wiring harness in my truck and they looked like it was the right part and it was. So long story short, don't always trust the "This does not fit your..." thing on Amazon.
on July 22, 2015
This harness did work on my 2004 Chevy Silverado Base Fleetside, I did not have the Bose but i did have the door chime. I did have to use the red accessory wire to complete installation. They include a fuse block tap with the wire, so it was super easy. It took me 25 minutes to wire the harness and install the CD player. I do not get why Amazon says that this does not fit, it makes me wonder what else is wrong?! Great product, it was really nice to have the accessory wire come with the harness! Usually you have to make a separate trip to get it done. Easy way to tell if you are going to need the red wire, is to look on the actual harness coming to the factory stereo and if there is no RED wire, then you will need to use it.
on December 12, 2012
Worked like a champ in my 07 Pontiac vibe. This is the one you want. Nice cable thickness. Should work in 03 vibe and up but stops at the newer ones. Might want to double check that.
on November 5, 2011
Hard to find the right connector. The pic didn't tell me enough. The description wasn't clear. Ended up being the right part. Thank You.
on March 20, 2015
This harness fit perfectly. The one I was shipped did not include the additional red wire.

Something that relates specifically to the '03 Santa Fe with Monsoon: My understanding is that this configuration has a factory amplifier installed. I took the blue remote wire from my aftermarket stereo and connected it directly to the blue wire with an orange stripe coming from the factory wiring harness. It would be possible to bypass the factory amp completely but if you're just attempting to install a new stereo, it's much easier to use the factory amp. Since I was replacing the Monsoon unit due to the CD changer being broken, I have no intention of installing the factory stereo again so I cut the blue/orange wire from the factory wiring harness for a simpler install (instead of adding pins to both wiring harnesses).
on June 11, 2015
I used this for something other than what's intended. I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado with Bose. I'm needed to bypass the Bose amp to install my own but didn't want to by the correct part (Metro 70-2054 - 26$). The 70-2003 ($4.49) is the same connector, however the pins are not in the right order. Simply pop off the rear clip and tug on the wire, then re-position them to match the more expensive part.

Take aways:
1. The leads are not as long so if you need to go up to the deck, you'll need more wire. <--My amp is under rear seat
2. Doesn't come with the additional plug for my Factory Sub speakers. <--adding my own sub
3. I only used this to tap onto the factory 4 speakers wires, that's all.
4. The amp is real easy to access, just remove the Phillips screws from the center console flip up storage area and there it is.

So if you have the same set up and need to tap into the factory speakers wires, and you have the Bose amp in the center console. Get this

Attached is a picture of my factory harness removed from the Bose Amp (Center Console) and how the connectors needed to arrange.
This is a picture of what your connecting the 70-2003 to.
review image
on April 5, 2016
Works fine, i just wished that they wrote in the packaging what the extra red wire was for instead of having to find out the hard way. Its for the 12 volt switch power since the stock radio harness does not have one, you have to use this to connect to the fuse box or another 12 volt switch power.
hope this helps someone