Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Metra 99-3301 Multi-Kit for Select GM Vehicles (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 15, 2012
I bought this for my 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier to install an Alpine head unit. The head unit fits perfectly flush with no gap at all. Very easy to install and the design looks great. You can't even tell it's not stock.
on April 30, 2013
The kit I was sold for my Cavalier from ABC warehouse was a generic one. This particular one fits perfectly with the dash trim and looks natural. If you have a Cavalier or Sunfire and want to replace the stereo, THIS is the one you need.
on January 17, 2014
Feels a lot more quality-made than the other kit I ordered, which broke immediately. This is also made in the USA, which scores this product major points in my book. Looks great and apparently makes head units a lot harder to steal.
on December 30, 2012
Simple, easy, and good quality. Not the cheapest one, but I think it's the best. No bending of metal tabs, crimps, or hokey radio sleeves that rattle. This unit allows a direct screw mounting of the radio chassis to the mounting kit, rock solid and easy as pie. Literally a 10 minute assembly and prep for install. Highly recommended!
on February 8, 2014
I bought this for my 2000 chevy silverado, which amazon advised it fit. It does not. This product is for a Double Din application, a 2000 Chevrolet silverado/ck1500/tahoe/suburban requires a 1.5 DIN application. Make sure to double check your sizes!
on June 12, 2013
verry good looks like it was stock in my 2003 silverado like the tray under it for holding the remote and usb cable
on April 23, 2015
This item was recommended for the BOSS BV9976B, according to Amazon, but the radio does NOT fit nto the opening of the Dash Kit. Had to purchase another Dash Kit (SOSCH ID#: GM1583B) (the BOSS slid in great) I would like to get a refund on the item. Good Luck
on June 4, 2014
The ONLY reason I didn't rate this a 5 star is because it's different than every other install kit i've used. This one REQUIRES you to have the screws that came with the radio for proper mounting. Dodge, Ford, Volvo, and even other Chevy units i've done were able to use the "tabs" on the radio bracket to hold it in place. Since this was a year old radio that I was using I no longer had the screws and had to improvise by placing the bracket edges inside the mounting bracket wings. It works for now but CMON Metra, you've done better work.
on May 23, 2013
Works and looks great in my 2003 Chevy Silverado. The trick to this unit is that just the radio installs and NO other brackets are needed including the slide-in bracket that is normally used. The installation kit bolts directly to the radio and is a perfect and professional install. I am assuming that most of the people here that are giving bad reviews tried using their slide-in bracket but that will not work... I used (4 #10-1/2) mounting screws (not supplied) to mount my JVC HD radio directly to this unit. (note the side mounting plates in the picture) I do recommend this bracket to anyone that is looking for a good way to install your radio.
on October 11, 2013
Usually when looking at an item with such a good rating you only need to scan the top worst rating to get a feel for any potential problems.

Unfortunately, at the time of this review, all the reviews mentioning the single DIN issue have no ratings! I just gave them helpful clicks, but it's annoying. The hole in this is absolutely WAY too small for most single DIN radios. A number of people liking this thing even admit having to modify it to get their radios to fit.

Sorry, that unacceptable for a radio face-plate. ISO is supposed to be "International Standards" not "we'll make it kinda sorta close enough that you can ghetto rig it to fit"

Hopefully I can post a video shortly to show how it doesn't fit at all, maybe that will help prevent others getting suckered like I did.