4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product
I used this in my 2000 Xterra, it is very sturdy and easy to install. It's a universal kit so there are a lot of extra tabs that you have to remove, but they can be removed by simply applying some pressure and carefully breaking them off by hand (no saw required). If you have ever installed a car stereo you should have no trouble with this kit.
Published on May 25, 2012 by jw

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but not of good quality
Published 20 months ago by kmed

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but not of good quality, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Metra 99-7417 Installation Multi-Kit for Select 1993-2004 Nissan Vehicles -Black (Electronics)
Let me preface this by saying now that it's installed in the 1999 Nissan Altima, it does actually look really good with the Kenwood unit I just installed. However, I spent plenty of time with a Dremel cutting 95% of the tabs off, which certainly didn't look pretty, but they aren't visible once installed. There's no way you could break them off without a cutting cool, and definitely not a knife. Additionally, I was an idiot in a rush and cut one of the wrong tabs off so it's mounted with only 3, so be careful. However, it feels fairly secure. The factory screw heads were a little small for the slots on this dash kit so it might not be a bad idea to use some washers for a more secure mount. Would I buy it again? Maybe, but I'm sure there are much better products out there. In the end I am satisfied with the install, but took a little too much work to prepare it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, May 25, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Items/Parts and saying they are not responsible, February 21, 2011
I ordered the Metra Dash Kit and received it with missing parts. Acting in good faith, I emailed them and they responded to give them a call, So i did. When I was on the phone with them, they said they are not responsible and I have to contact the manufacturer and it's my problem. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE BEWARE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly, April 17, 2011
Made the installation of a Pioneer unit into a 2004 Nissan XTerra work perfectly. The factory unit was twice as tall as the Pioneer unit. This multi-kit allowed the smaller unit to fill the opening and provided an opening under the radio as a place to put an Ipod or a cell phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 20, 2014
I had my brother install this in my 02 Xterra and it took him only a couple hours. Instantly made my dash look amazing. Anything was better than the stock radio!

5.0 out of 5 stars Metra 99-7417 Installation Multi-Kit for Select 1993-2004 Nissan Vehicles, September 16, 2013
D. Le (United States) - See all my reviews
This kit fits my 2002 Nissan Xterra perfectly. Make sure you read the manual carefully. It explains everything in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but was a pain, June 12, 2013
For my 2000 Altima i had to cut almost every tab off the installation kit for it to fit. It says to do it in the directions with a box cutter but it's very hard plastic so you need something that'll cut it well. I used Wire cutters but it was a bit of a hassle to do. Other than that though it fits perfectly and holds firmly.

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked for what I needed it for., February 4, 2013
I wasn't a fan of snapping off the "non-use" pieces but it worked for what I needed it for. It wasn't complicated to figure out and anybody that can read directions should be able to use it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected some thing else., March 21, 2012
Lauro A. (California , USA) - See all my reviews
I had multiple issues with it. Like other people complained, I disliked that I had to cut stuff to fit. I would recommend purchasing a item that is specifically for your car. I had to use oem parts and metra parts so it would fit properly. Ones fitted it looked clean. In a difficulty range I would say Moderate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mounting kit. IF you have a Dremel, March 19, 2012
Ryan "Ryan" (Morristown, NJ) - See all my reviews
This is a very sturdy mounting kit, but I have no idea how you are expected to cut ALL of those tabs off with a utility knife.

If you have a Dremel, or some other easy way of making semi-accurate cuts on 1/8" thick plastic, then you'll be fine.

Rate and Discover Movies