Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 24, 2009
Thank you Mom for giving this set to me as a Christmas gift nearly 10 years ago! These tools are incredible. Sadly, most people think of them as a "gimick" off the TV ads. Please believe me (and the others posting reviews) that they are NOT.

When my father passed away, I got all of his sockets and wrench sets. Combined with the ones I already had, I must have owned over 100 pieces. When this tool set came along, I put all of the old pieces into a toolbox and have never once had to use them again. This little box has been able to handle nearly every household and auto repair I've thrown at it. Seriously, I use my set nearly every week...if not more. Just last week I fixed my neighbor's little peddle cart for his son. The week before, changing out my car battery. I'm also proud to say I haven't lost a piece...yet!

My favorite repair story concerns an old motorcycle I owned years ago and couldn't remove the rear wheel axle bolt. I tried with conventional (hah!) sockets but still no luck. At the time, I had just received my Metrinch tool kit but didn't know if the sockets were big enough...they were. After a few seconds working the bolt with my Metrinch socket, it popped right off. I was sold.

These tools are strong and sturdy. The only complaint I can offer is that the small screw sockets are rusting a bit but have no caused any problems when using them.

If you have a friend or loved one who is into tools and would like to give them a special treat, click on ADD TO SHOPPING CART and feel the love! Enjoy.
on October 20, 2007
The bits included are useless and i have broken every last one. The rachet is also a piece of junk, but the sockets and wrenches are great, which is really what we buy this for. Some of my friends complain because it fits some sizes a little loosely, but it wont strip them. The only problem comes into play when you only have a couple of inches to move your ratchet and the play does not let you really do anything. I have used these with impact guns and everything, and the only things i broke were the ratchet and all of the bits. Good luck every trying to replace any though. I just bought a husky ratchet that i keep in the kit and use interchangeable bits to do anything else. I also wish the case would hold the sockets better. But nothing is perfect. Much better than snap on for the price. I would not suggest any of the larger sets.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 14, 2008
I have an older set, minus the bits shown in front. It is great for many tasks, and pretty versatile. I bought it over a decade ago for $130 to augment a much older and more comprehensive Craftsman set.

It's more versatile than a similar sized socket and wrench set. But don't buy the line that it will do everything. An old infomercial poked fun at the tiny ignition wrenches that came with a larger "competing" set and asked who would ever use them. I do far more often than one might think.

In retrospect, it's more suitable to general use than I expected, better suited to rare cases than other tools, and worthwhile to anybody with a large budget for tools. But I wish it had twice the number of tools. If I could choose this or a larger Craftsman set as my only tools, I would not choose this. But in real life, people can own more than one tool set.

Get this to add to your tool set for versatility. If you own almost no tools, this is the first time you thought of getting a socket set, and you probably won't buy lots of tools in the future, this might also be a good compromise. But don't buy this expecting to give your old tools away once you have it. Also, recognize that it will be pretty rare that a good quality similar sized set of standard tools won't fit the job as well. On the other hand, it's nice to be prepared for those rare cases.
on October 10, 2007
I have had this set for over 10 years. I used to work on aircraft, and used nothing but snap on. The quality on these is every bit as good as those snap on tools. The Metrinch design works exactly as advertised and in my ten years of using them the only time I have ended up with busted knuckles is when I used another brand of wrench. The design on theses will also remove stripped nuts and bolts unless they are almost completely rounded. Due to there design they also prevent you from striping stuck hardware. Highly recomended.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2009
Have owned this set for many years.

For the masses: Outstanding design (genius, really) grabs any nut / bolt (even one's rounded off) and allow you to apply enormous torque on both metric and standard. These wrenches are STRONG, quality, and fit everything. It has saved my butt many times over the years, and I have plenty of tools.

For the pros: Absolutely a worthy "pro" set, except for the ratchet itself. Ratchet is on par with average home-garage quality. But the wrenches and sockets alone are easlily worth the price. You can put a 3-foot breaker-bar on one of these puppies, and your nut / bolt is going to turn, or it's going to snap, but you won't spread the wrench, crack the socket, or round-off the bolt. If I ever lost this set, I would replace it INSTANTLY.
on January 22, 2009
I love my metrinch set. Like many other people reviewing this set, I've had my 62 pc set for more than 10 years now. I totally agree with some of the other reviews on the minor negatives, like the ratchet was total garbage (just buy a Craftsman to replace it) and the sockets sometimes fit loosely, but they ALWAYS get the job done, and they never strip the nut or bolt you're turning.

The plastic case is sort of crap too, so I had to put metal hinges and latches on it. The original case components broke a year after I bought the set.

The best part was I got this set for $49.00. Sears carried them for a while, then blew them out. I was in the right place at the right time, I guess.

11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2009
My brother used this on the ships during the 1st Gulf War. He sent my husband a set & he just loves them. Can remove a bolt or nut even if it's top has been stripped.

We purchase a set for our son and he too loves them. I ordered a set for a friend of ours once he knew how much we liked them.

We've had our set for over 10 years.
on November 18, 2008
This is by far the best tool set i have ever purchased. I have a large craftsman tool chest loaded with craftsman tools i virtually never touch them anymore. I always head straight for my metrinch set. By trade im an industrial engineering technician and my tools are provided at work so im very familiar with all the different brands such as snapon, armstrong, proto, and most industrial tool suppliers. I wish i had a set of my metrinch at work but dont dare take mine there for fear of them getting stolen. I have even taken them to the rescue of friends who have stripped the heads of bolts and needed my tools to get the job done. I think the $149 is still a good price even though i got extremely lucky and got mine off the clearance rack at walmart for $40 several years ago. overall i think its still a good value and have never had any issues with mine.

If you find this review helpful please take 2 seconds to click the Yes button please.
on April 20, 2008
I've had the 62 piece Combo Spanner Metrinch set for over a decade now. I've used this set almost exclusively on every project you could imagine. It works just as advertised - and better. I've also added the 1/2 drive sets to my collection, and will purchase the larger set, next. I am impressed, to say the least. I'm also an engineer, and used to use Snap-On or Mac tools...with the Metrinch tools, there is no need to carry both SAE and Metric sizes. Trust me on this, if you buy this little 62 pc set, you'll find that you will use it on every job you work on. For the money, you will simply love it. Can't say enough good things about these tools.
on August 5, 2010
Great product. I have used the same set for over 30 years. I have found the bits are useless, the 3/8 conversion socket ball falls out after repeated usage, and the ratchet itself is garbage. Even with these flaws I still would recommend buying this product. Personally, I hate to read the tiny 5 point incribed type on the side of a dirty socket to ascertain if its metric or standard. I hate the pile of sockets and wrenches I have to reread and sort after a simple project. Half the sockets and half the wrenches of a normal Standard/metric setup. The wrnches are fantrastic btw. A simple product thats worth the $$$.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse