Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 30, 2005
One of Smooth Jazz's true sax icons has outdone himself once again! Richard Elliot, with his fourteenth solo release, on his own label this time (he, along with Rick Braun, is a partner in the company), nails it with METRO BLUE. He's an amazing player, and he gets better with each new release, showing more creative twists and nuances every time out. METRO BLUE contains nine new songs, all collaborations with Rick. They didn't spare superstar talent in the studio, either, using Jeff Lorber, Peter White, Brian Culbertson, Dwight Sills, and Gregg Karukas, among others, on the sessions. METRO BLUE is an exhilarating meeting of both old and new schools, using classic horn sections and very cool keyboard sounds...but always sounding clearly "today." The one cover on the set is a song Richard's been wanting to re-do for years, The Stylistics' "People Make the World Go Round." This new version takes a great song and creates an even better one, sounding incredibly fresh and different. No wonder it's already propelled METRO BLUE into the [...] Top 5 most played new CDs on Smooth Jazz radio stations across the U.S. and abroad. Other standout tracks to my ear include "Inside Out," "Camella," "Coastline," "Mystique," and "Maxi's" but, then again, I wouldn't tune anything on this album out if I heard it on the radio. METRO BLUE is signature Richard Elliot kicked up yet another notch, and I'm predicting that it will end up on everyone's list of the best Smooth Jazz albums of the year! ~Scott O'Brien
on September 28, 2005
I have 10 other Richard Elliot CD's and fine this to be one of my favorites. I like all ten of the selections included in this album. Usually, there are a couple of tunes on any CD that you do not particularily care for. I particularily liked the variety of the ten tunes selected for Metro Blue. Hope you enjoy the CD as I have.
on July 21, 2005
This is the first time I've heard a Richard Elliot album, even though he's appeared on some other jazz artists' albums. It is excellent all throughout! Standouts are Inside Out, Camella, Coastline, People Make The World Go Round (nice remake of Freddie Hubbard's song), track 7, and the final song, the reflective and quiet Metro Blue. It's very entertaining smooth jazz that is addictive and modern with the keyboards, horns and live feel. The only jazz album to rival it this year is Paul Taylor's album. Elliot glides well through the mostly funky arrangements and landscapes on his sax. He has a lot of producers on here, including himself, Rick Braun, Jeff Lorber, Brian Culbertson, and others, but the collection is all consistent through one listen. You have to get this soon!
on October 16, 2005
I WAS TOTALLY PLEASED WITH THIS CD! TERRIFIC JOB! HOPE YOU CAN TOP THIS ONE!
on September 17, 2005
What a smooth sounding piece of work! I had never been a fan of his before, so I thought I would give this a try. I am glad I did and I will definitely be buying more of his work.
on June 30, 2005
If your new to Richard, brief bio..sax with Tower of Power, solo in late 80s and making hits ever since. This is his debut for the new label which he cofounded with buddy Rick Braun. Richard always catchy tunes. This doesn't disappoint. He particularly loves the Stylistics and this song contains his interpretation of People Make The World Go Round. I also enjoyed tunes like Coastline, Chill Bill and Mango Tango.

Since my review was actually done before release and I finally posted, know that I picked up my CD at his live show which was the first night he made it commercially available. I listened to it on drive home and several times since. It is just a great listen and know I look forward to other releases from ARTizen records.
on September 16, 2005
I was very excited to find a new CD out by Richard Elliot. I'm a huge fan. The first time I saw him was in Omaha, Ne. the night Operation Desert Storm began. I remember thinking, "How can I go to this concert and have fun while our troops are seeing horrors at war?". I did go to the concert though, and my love affair began.
on May 20, 2007
Richard now runs his own label ArtiZen with another smooth jazz legend Rick Braun and this is the first release of the label and you can bet your sweat stained skivvys this is damn good awaiting with baited breath the colaboration release Braun/eliott in summer 2007.Bound to be superb.
on January 28, 2016
This is a great album. I played this album last Tuesday and my upstairs neighbor came down and ask me who the artist was. Very happy with this album. Thanks Jim
on January 11, 2014
This is one of Richard Elliotts's best works! Great variety of jazz works that really rock.It is my favorite mix of jazz elements.