5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Combo, Money Saver
I purchased a while ago the Metrokane wine Preserver it came inexpensively and figured it was worth trying. WOW was it ever! Just put the stopper on the bottle, put the little hand pump on the stopper and give it a couple of pumps, and the wine is good to keep.
Published on June 27, 2011 by Liz

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Swirl in Your Glass, and Save Your Money for Wine
Published on March 13, 2011 by Great Faulkner's Ghost

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Combo, Money Saver, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Metrokane Pastic Wine Aerating Pourer with Houdini Wine Preserver with Two Stoppers, black
I give this to my friends and family it made a perfect gift. We use ours every day and it's so easy! Just a few pumps and it keeps as if the bottle was never opened.
Recently, I was out on the market looking for a wine aerators. I have always enjoyed a good glass of wine that had been decanted, but it takes time and space for a decanter. So after doing extensive research I found and bought an inexpensive yet excellent wine aerator- the Metrokane Rabbit Wine Aerating Pourer. This aerator is the perfect solution. It is small and you don't have to plan ahead to be able to enjoy a great glass of wine. It definitely makes your wine taste smoother. It is very enjoyable.
I'm therefore so glad to see this perfect combination put together, what a great deal!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 13, 2012
Just bought a 5 dollar bottle of wine? (Why, yes I did). Use this aerating pourer and make it taste like a 25 dollar bottle of wine! On the container for this aerator it challenges you to pour a glass of wine without, taste, then try it after using the aerator. Amazing! The difference in flavor is phenomenal! What an inexpensive way to make EVERY bottle of wine you buy taste 10 times better. Do not hesitate to buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, January 2, 2011
I've had this product for a while now and take it with us when we dine out to BYO places. I love this aerator and it does its job well and would give it a 5 star except for one complaint I have. That is, when pouring wine this causes wine to splatter out of the glass. So, to minimize out-of-glass splatter you will need to pour below the rim of the wine glass. The case it came was not portable-friendly because the cover falls off all the time. Perhaps it's not meant to be portable but it would have been nicer if it did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Swirl in Your Glass, and Save Your Money for Wine, March 13, 2011
This device does very little. The wine comes out along the sides of the glass stopper in sheets, and splashes in the glass. So, some aeration is provided, but it is no more than you can accomplish by swirling the wine in your glass or splash pouring from the bottle . The competing product from Wine Vinturi is far more effective, and adds a lot more aeration. It costs more, but what it does is unique and far more effective than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, February 10, 2011
I bought one last year and used it for a few friends gathering events. It worked very well. I even tested by pouring same bottle of wine with and without it, and sure enough the aroma and taste were different. Amazing! I am buying another one because I gave mine to my friend who recently visited me from Asia.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good product, November 15, 2013
ram (Park City, UT United States) - See all my reviews
The aerator is ok...there are better ones though such as the Vinoair Wine Aerator. The Vinoair is a lot less money and does a better job. As others have said, the sealer is not very good at all and likely useless.

A better combo would be the Vinoair for pouring and the Pek Preservino Hand Held Wine Preserver system for resealing using an inert gas. This combo would be only slightly more expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Wine Lovers, January 19, 2014
I do quite like a nice bottle of wine but living alone it is a rare thing that I finish an entire bottle in a sitting. The Metrokane Rabbit Wine Aerating Pourer with Bonus 2 Piece Stopper Set (colors may vary) is ideal for just such low-volume consumers, allowing the user to aerate just a portion of the wine rather than decant an entire bottle, while the stoppers will easily preserve the remainder for a day or two.

Both the aerator and the stoppers are easy to use. The aerator simply presses into the neck of the wine bottle. After use it is easily disassembled for cleaning (hand wash only) and can be stored in its case. (The cover simply snaps into place.) The stoppers easily press into the neck of the bottle (no pumping required) and are readily removed later. They'll preserve your wine for a day or two for drinking purposes, longer if you intend to cook with it. Stoppers are dishwasher safe.

Note - While I received a sample of this for review, I've been using the stoppers, picked up locally, for some time.

Grandma's $0.02 - Nice gift set for the wine lover in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality aerator that works well; easy-to-use and effective stoppers, January 11, 2014
The combo kit includes a aerating wine pourer and a set of two bottle stoppers. I’m very impressed with the aerator. I’ve used the Rabbit aerator that comes with its corkscrew set and was rather underwhelmed with it. Loved the corkscrew; not so much when it came to the aerator. This version of the aerator, however, is far better. It’s feels more substantial, with much better build quality. Most important, it works great as well. It provides a nice amount of aeration with zero fuss or muss. And yes, you can taste the difference.

It comes apart for cleaning, but needs to be hand washed (not dishwasher safe).

The set also includes two wine bottle stoppers. The body is rubber, with a stainless steel core. They provide a very tight seal, but the shape makes them easy to pull out.

Good value for the price, and I would certainly recommend this.
[Sample provided for review]

4.0 out of 5 stars You will taste a difference, I know I did, November 6, 2013
I'm not exactly a wine connoisseur, but I can tell you it makes a difference in taste for every red wine that I have tried it on.

If you drink red wine, buy one. They are cheap but make an improvement to the taste of wine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aerator!, May 10, 2013
L. Hall (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Minimal dripping. Well designed aerator. Other aerators are for the glass, not over the bottle. Fits tight on all bottles.