Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

This corkscrew is absolutely fantastic! It's super easy to use and works really well! This is the best Father's Day Gift ever! The color is a real bonus! I'm crazy over red and this is just the all around great product! Highly recommended!
0Comment51 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
I bought this wine accessory set for my husband on his birthday and he loves it. He uses it for his bar in his office. He loves showing off how the aerating pourer works and how it affects the flavor of the wine. Now everyone that enters his office cannot leave until they try using the aerating pourer!
If you know someone that has a wine collection or is a "wine lover", this is the perfect gift to get them. The wine accessory set is made really well and the corkscrew is real easy to use. This unique wine set comes with a Corkscrew, Houdini Aerating Pourer, replacement Worm for Rabbit and a bonus No Drip Wine Pourer/Stopper. It's a great deal and a great gift. Once you own this set, you will find a lot more reasons to invite some friends over for a glass of wine.....or two.
on December 26, 2012
Sometimes I find it hard to believe all the hype surrounding something like this. With thousands of "other" wine openers out there, how could this one really be THAT much better? I'm sure that's what you're asking yourself if you're considering this as a purchase. I certainly did. But I went with all the positive reviews and ordered this for my parents. I gave it to them for Christmas and we used it a few times yesterday...

I am not lying to you when I tell you that this is probably one of the top 10 greatest things I've every purchased in my nearly 3 decades of living. I don't mean top 10 "wine related things". Or top 10 "Amazon" things. I mean top 10 products EVER. This thing is quite amazing to say the absolute least. If I was a company making wine openers, I would simply give up after trying this and just realize it's over.

This company aced it. I mean absolutely aced it! I don't care about battery powered electric wine openers from those gadget stores or the old fashioned screw on ones. THIS is the BEST wine opener that has ever been made and that will ever be made, period. No questions asked. You want to show me a better one that can allow my Dad with Parkinson's to be able to open his bottle of wine in 3 seconds with absolutely NO effort whatsoever, go ahead. I would like to see it.

I've bought them the batter powered ones, the regular ones, the "special this works great" ones...and they have all either not worked, worked poorly, or broken quickly. When you receive this, you will take it out of it's box and realize there is no possible way it could be built any better or with higher quality materials.

All parts of this kit are super well made and high quality. The foil cutter, aerator, and opener are seriously of the highest quality imaginable. And they all are SO easy and effortless to use, you will honestly wonder how you ever were a wine drinker without this set.

Do youself (or a family member or friend) a favor and order this set. It will easily be the best money you've ever spent and you will be amazed just as I was. For at least 10 years (they have a 10 year warranty - which clearly backs up how well made this is) you will not have to buy a new wine set or opener!!!

Bottoms up!
It would be wrong not to mention that I received a free 'for review' Rabbit set but it would be wronger to assume that my five stars rating is undeserved. Because it's not.

This is the uncorker that has 'professional' and 'near-perfect' written all over it and it comes with everything that you would need to prepare for the cork extraction - the foil cutter - as well as an efficient pourer to handle the 'after' situation and a replacement spiral, just in case, even though I can't imagine why I would ever need to replace the original. Not part of the set but added as an extra, there's a little pourer/stopper that you can use with a second bottle and it comes with an innovative design of its own.

The Rabbit itself is an example of quality, solid build and innovative design. It looks like it's going to last forever, the grips are comfortable and it pulls out corks quickly, cleanly and almost effortlessly once you learn how to use it - it does take a little practice. The complete cork-removing process, starting with foil-cutting and ending with the attachment of either the pourer/aerator or the bonus pourer/stopper shouldn't take more than 30 seconds and you don't need to try too hard to beat that time.

It's a little difficult to find something 'not good' to say about this kit but, trying hard, it's worth knowing that this set does take some space, maybe as much space as one or two dozen 'regular' corkscrews would take. But a regular corkscrew can't make you feel and act efficient and professional while opening a bottle of wine, can it?
About twenty years or so ago I gave my father in-law an "estate" corkscrew for Christmas. Estate corkscrews are the Cadillacs of corkscrews, but they're big and bulky and are usually mounted onto a bar. My father in-law loved the one I gave him. He drank plenty of wine and eventually built his own vineyard and sold award winning Merlot grapes to a local winery in his area. Great stuff.

I, on the other hand, am not worth a $140 estate corkscrew. And even if I were, I wouldn't have anyplace in my kitchen to put it. That's why I was so happy when these smaller handheld lever-style corkscrews came on the market. They do the same job as a professional estate corkscrew, but they don't take up as much space and they are a fraction of the cost.

Let's face it, opening a bottle of wine can be an art form, but it can also be frustrating. As Murphey's Law would have it, I'm more prone to mess it up and do something incredibly embarrassing when there are a bunch of people watching me. The more formal the occasion and the more people watching, the more likely I am to shred a cork, ruin a bottle, and make a fool of myself. Frankly I don't need the pressure. I'm probably going to make a fool of myself anyway, but I'd prefer not to do it with something as simple as opening a wine bottle. This Rabbit lever-style corkscrew is pretty foolproof. You remove the foil with the included cutters, clamp the top of the bottle with the bottom handles of the opener, and then use the lever to run the screw in and run the cork back out. Then you give it two more cranks of the lever to feed the cork back out. It's quick and simple and makes you look as cool as James frigging Bond. Done.

I'm afraid once the wine gets flowing though, my guests and I tend to be a little rough with the hardware and we've broken our fair share of lever-style corkscrews. Mine are usually good for about 3-5 years before tragedy strikes. That's why I love the price point of this Rabbit corkscrew. If I break it I have a pretty good chance of putting it back together. But if I can't, the price of the replacement isn't going to bankrupt me. This set is a great value too, because it includes so many extras (aerator, stopper, foil cutter, spare screw, etc.).

I still have an old fashioned corkscrew on my Swiss Army knife for emergencies, and a plastic corkscrew with my father in-law's company name on it in my shaving kit (as a backup to my backup), but my Rabbit lever-style corkscrew is my go-to corkscrew.

I was provided this item for review.
on February 10, 2012
I recently got this item as a gift.

Its the best corkscrew I ever owned, and makes opening a bottle of my favorite wine a pleasure.

The Aerating Pourer gives my wine the oxygen it needs so I don't have to sit and swirl my glass.

And if you are like me, you can't finish an entire bottle at once, in the past it would get spoiled, now I just seal it with the stopper, and can use it later.
This is an amazing tool and an amazing kit. The Rabbit corkscrew is the fastest and easiest way I have seen to remove corks out of wine bottles. It literally takes about 3 seconds and not much work and it is actually fun to use. In my video I show how to use this amazing device and it works perfectly. I take the cork out of a 20 year old bottle of red wine and it was fast and easy. You know how the older bottles of wine are hard to remove the corks from without them splitting. This one came out like a dream.

In the box you will also find a replacement cork screw. According to the instructions they do wear out after pulling 1000 corks. You will also find a wine bottle foil cutter and a wine pourer that aerates the wine as you pour it. You can actually hear it working.

The Rabbit cork puller features all metal gear teeth made from hardened metal. It has a 10 year warranty and it was designed to pull 20,000 corks with no problems. The rabbit is available in black, red and silver. After you pull the cork out of the bottle you can quickly remove the cork from the puller in a second without even touching it. I show this in my video.

The aerator pourer worked nicely but in our case we had a bottle of wine from early 1994 and it needed to breathe a little longer. The foil cutter worked well also. The Rabbit has a nice ergonomically designed grip with soft rubber grips on it to cushion your hand.

This is an excellent product and it works like a dream. It is professionally designed and it is high quality. The handles are made of plastic but with the high gloss red finish on the one I have they looked great. I rated it as a five star item.

I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
on November 27, 2012
This wine opener is the closest thing I've ever seen to a push-button way to open wine bottles perfectly every time. We don't bother to remove the foil cork-covers, because it'll pull the cork right through them (so far no exceptions). Hold it over the neck of the bottle, gently push the lever down, then gently lift the lever up. There is no forcing, alignment, pressure, or strength required. It works so well because as you press-down on the lever, gears cleanly turn the screw into the cork. It's just as easy to get the cork off the rabbit.
And this Aerator is just unlike other more expensive aerators, which I've purchased and own, this one doesn't spew out the side, dribble on the table cloth, or require a less-than effective stand. I highly recommend it.
on December 3, 2012
The Metrokane Wine Rabbit Corkscrew is really amazing. My son-in-law is the wine connoisseur in the family. He was absolutely amazed at the quality of this corkscrew when he used it this weekend. He raved about it each time he opened a new bottle and hinted that he would love to have one of his own. (Guess what he is getting for his Anniversary next week? This is one great set that really does the job well. The bonus wine pourer was a conversation piece as well. A real find - an upscale item at a reasonable price!
on July 28, 2013
On the plus side, it's a Rabbit, which makes pulling corks ridiculously easy. But compared to the original top-of-the-line Rabbit, this one feels flimsy. It's guaranteed for 10 years, so if I break it during the warranty, it will be replaced - but for a price (the replacements are not completely free from the manufacturer). We'll see. I've broken a "Houdini" opener (same manufacturer) while pulling a cork, so it can happen.