- Take additional $5.00 off Bike Pump by Geared2U when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying Items offered by Avalanche Brands. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% off GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Avalanche Brands. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% off GoldieBlox and The Builder's Survival Kit when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Avalanche Brands. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Metrokane Houdini Wine Preserver with Set of 2 Vacuum Stoppers, Black
|Price:||$12.78 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This Houdini wine saver removes air from opened bottle of wine helping to lock in the freshness and flavor of wine
- Patented push button stopper creates and holds a wine vacuum for days; reopen and drink at your own leisure
- Ergonomically designed wine pump handle for easy operation; easier than ever to preserve the freshness of your opened wine bottles
- Includes 2 wine stoppers allowing you to preserve two bottles of wine at the same time
- With excellent Metrokane design, you can count on both quality and sturdiness that is meant to last
- Pump vacuums oxygen out of opened wine bottles
- Preserves flavor and aroma by preventing oxidation
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Size: Set of 1
Top Customer Reviews
Like a dummy, I got the Metrokane and chucked the Swissair in one irreversable transaction.
The Metrokane is servicable. It does what it purports to do: It sucks the air out of the bottle. If that were the whole story, I would undoubtedly give this product a 5. Alas, the value of the vacuum is only as good as the staying power of the vaccum, and that requires that the stopper provide a robust seal. To put it simply: The seal seems to be the weak link in this system.
If I pump the bottle, and immediately let out the seal, I get a satisfying hiss, indicating a positive seal. If I pump the bottle and wait a day, the hiss is a little less satisfying, indicating a slow leak. One might expect the day-later hiss to be diminished for other reasons (whatever it is that goes on inside the open bottle), but in comparison to the swissair, the next-day hiss is too differnt from the immediate release.
I have found if I wet the stopper, that helps, and the resulting seal can last a few days with very slow loss.
So, I gave the product a 4 -- it works, but not as well as what it replaced, and I think that issue is with the stopper, not the pump.
FINALLY -- THIS ONE WORKS!!!
I bought this because it came inexpensively with my Rabbit corkscrew (which is also wonderful) and figured it was worth trying. WOW was it ever! Just put the stopper on the bottle, put the little hand pump on the stopper and give it a couple of pumps, and the wine is good to keep!
On the top of each stopper is a small "vacuum relief valve" -- just touch that to the side to let air back in the bottle to equalize the pressure, and the stopper comes out easily.
It has worked well for a couple days at a time. I haven't tried it for longer.
So... 4 points for how well it worked, but minus two for breaking.
The Metrokane Vacuum pumps works as advertised, and our wine is lasting much better. We only use it for red wine; the white is usually in the 'fridge.
It is a good product at a very reasonable price. The pump comes with two corks, so you can have two bottles of red wine opened at the same time.
I'm going to try the Vacu Vin.
In all seriousness this vacuum pump was the smartest $10 purchase I've made all year.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutely worthless, other than as a replacement cork. I have never been able to create a vacuum in the bottle.Published 1 month ago by Matt A. Pearson
I have tried over and over again, using the instructions printed on the package, and this wine preserver is absolutely, without a doubt, worthless. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Stephen K Burr
Love this product. Keeps opened wine fresh for a week or two. Easy to use & works greatPublished 4 months ago by CA Goose
After just a few uses it stopped working. I have used other types at friends' houses - I am getting a better one but very disappointed it is not that much cheaper than ones with a... Read morePublished 6 months ago by David
lies, lies , all of them lies. This is the worst thing I have ever bought off the internet ever. It does not hold the vacuum, it's hard as hell to vacuum a bottle of wine, and when... Read morePublished 11 months ago by will