Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 20, 2012
This was my go-to 'I want to send a little present' gift last Christmas. We use another aerator which is fussy to use as it requires both hands. I was looking at the stand to go with mine (and envisioned all sorts of issues after reading the reviews). This model came up as a suggestion and all of my recipients have had rave reviews, all amazed by the with and without 'test'. I don't even care to drink especially reds and blushes without using an aerator now as it makes such an immense difference.
on January 28, 2012
This aerator enhances the flavor of most any red wine. I started using these type of aerators about a year ago and found they do just as good as job as a formal decanting process. The advantage is they don't require you to decant the entire bottle or pour the wine from glass to glass... This one is a little messy because once you pour a glass, a little wine will stay in the bottom of the device. I put it on a paper towel and it drains out. It also has a little screen so it picks up any tiny pieces of cork that may have been left in the bottle after opening. Use with a stopper that you can pump out the residual air in the bottle and your wine will stay pretty fresh for a week.
on September 23, 2012
This aerator is really handy. It sits right on top of the wineglass so you you can aerate on demand as you pour.

I was in love at first, but after a few uses, when I took it apart to wash it, (the top and bottom screw apart and the metal part that sits on top of the wineglass fits between the two) I noticed that the sediment filter screen had come off. I'm not entirely certain if it's even supposed to be attached, but it's not much bigger than a dime, so it was hard to try to manually place it in the aerator, keep track of it between uses, and keep it from bending.

I ended up getting rid of the aerator when I was purging before my last move, but if the little filter screen had stayed in place, I'd probably still be using it.
on December 20, 2012
What it does well: 1 - It works well to aerate the wine. 2 - it sits nicely on the glass for one handed pouring. My gripes: 1 - Because of its shape, it doesn't really fit in a drawer so finding a handy place to store it was interesting. 2 - All of the wine doesn't drip through, the little aerator holes are above the lowest part of the bottom section so a little bit of wine always gets trapped there.
on April 23, 2013
Well, ok, you need one hand on the wine bottle...but this thing is great. Like many others have said, the design is great and it works well. I prefer it for sure over my other one that I have to hold above the glass. I also like it better than the spout one I have (just a cheapy, but good for travel!). The fact that this one sits on the glass makes it great for boxed wine too, if that's how you roll. Yes, an aerator will make your red wine better! And this is a great one, at a great price.
on September 1, 2013
It works well enough, but true aeration takes time. Wine better with age and can only breath when given the time to. On top of that, this particular one is tough to clean. It will simply always hold a little wine residue and takes serious soaking in sanitizer to remove it.
on June 25, 2013
If you're looking for some magic cure-all to quickly oxygenate wine, look elsewhere. While this is helpful and will speed up the process of aerating wine, it's not a pour-and-drink solution and will not turn 2 buck chuck into some fine French burgundy. Wines that are good to begin with will not taste magically better, either. If you're looking at letting wine sit in the decanter for half an hour (about what I normally do), this will cut down the sit time to about 10 minutes or so. If the wine needs an hour, it will probably cut that in half and so on. It does make a rather unique sound when the wine is streaming into the glass, which is moderately entertaining and it is designed extremely well, which makes clean-up very easy. Definitely save the plastic packaging that comes with this, though...you will need it unless you want wine everywhere...these do not drain quite completely in the glass.
on June 17, 2013
We did a blind taste test and even the non-wine snobs among us (me included) could tell a clear difference in the taste of the wine. It's easy to use, but a bit of a pain to clean. It's not easily portable, either - you'll have to buy one for all of your friends so you'll have one where ever you go.
on January 7, 2013
Of course we had to open a bottle and test it immediately (darn the luck!). There is a clear difference in the taste, much better. The product is simple to use and clean, but it is small: if you were pouring multiple glasses, a larger one might be faster. I set it back in the case between pours and then rinsed it later. A small amount of wine remained in the bottom of the aerator; not much, but it would stain your tablecloth if you set it directly on it. I'm very happy with it, and I'm thinking I'll buy several for gifts next Christmas!
on July 23, 2012
This is a must have for the wine enthusist. Is it the same as decanting properly - No... but it is a fun gift to give and also adds a level of sophistication to an otherwise normal wine pour. It definately improves the taste of some wines and is not noticable on others.