5.0 out of 5 stars NOT just for kids at all!
This book can be wonderful for anyone who does embroidery, quilting, or even tattooing! I wish I'd had it when I was making my art quilt with a Dias de los Muertos theme!
Published on March 2, 2006 by MondoBooks

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is ok, but very much a childrens coloring book
This book is ok, but very much a childrens coloring book. As that it is good. But if you want more detailed drawings then look for Maya Designs (Coloring Book) by Wilson G. Turner. Excellent art and lots of it.
Published on January 21, 2005 by Paul Roder

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is ok, but very much a childrens coloring book, January 21, 2005
This review is from: Mexican Folk Art Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT just for kids at all!, March 2, 2006
MondoBooks "jeangi" (Northern California) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive & beautiful., October 22, 2004
M "dvlwmn" (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this coloring book at a local shop. It is so beautiful i'm hesitant to begin coloring it. It doesn't need color. These illustrations are intricate and the samples in color are really great for inspiration of the actual full size illustrations.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay..., January 24, 2011
The book contains several good images, but I was expecting more Day of the Dead type styles like on the cover instead of the armadillo and bird designs....

5.0 out of 5 stars Mexican Folk Art, April 10, 2009
I bought this book because of the design on the cover, it was the first one I did! There is alot of detail in this book and the designs are great. Many of them require tedious work as the space to color is very small. Probobly not so much for children as the description says "ages 4-8" this is definately more for adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book and can't wait to play with it., February 15, 2009
Nancy Johnston (Lansing, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Great book for Day of the Dead patterns. Can't wait to get out my
pens and colors and play with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Color me thrilled, December 18, 2008
If you enjoy coloring and are looking for a good method of relaxation check out this supremely cool coloring book for adults. Amazon offers a plethora of great coloring books for the advanced colorer, and I personally purchased four books. This being a favorite because I find the semi-creepiness of Mexican folk art appealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Original, June 30, 2010
This is a beautifully adapted coloring book of Mexican Folk art from various regions in Mexico: Guerrero, Jalisco, Puebla, Guadalajara, San Antonio de la Isla, Oaxaca, Metepec and Michoacan. There are 30 black and white illustrations adapted from authentic native art.

This book is so beautiful in its black and white illustrations that I am nervous to begin my coloring adventure, but I just purchased a new set of watercolor pencils and I can't wait to try them out. Maybe it's because I love to color, but I think more people should take a moment to remember when they were kids and coloring was just FUN-no work required!

My 4 favorite illustrations are the cover: a skull design of popote (little straws) and papel picado (cut paper), A yarn painting of a Huichol Indian ceremony, Paper-cut made for the Festival of the Dead from Puebla and Seed Spirits from the Otomi village of San Pablito, Puebla.

Stay inside the lines or don't. The 10 color designs on the cover could perhaps inspire the creativity in you or in someone you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars coloring for adults, December 14, 2007
"Get out your crayons and your pencils" This is mommy's coloring book-something every mom should have. The intricate line drawings offer hours of coloring that produce very framable finished works. This is great for plane trips, hospital visits, or just plain procrastination. Next time your boss calls say your are coloring and mean it. I recommend fine tip markers or quality colored pencils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mexican Folk Art, August 14, 2007
B. Rackley "Sierras Creative World" (Look for me in a library Any library All ...) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I am an embroidery arts digitizer. This coloring book is a great source for my designs.
Love all Dover Books and Love the Amazon Prime Membership
Sierra

Mexican Folk Art Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Mexican Folk Art Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books) by Marty Noble (Paperback - January 17, 2003)
Used & New from: $7.89