5.0 out of 5 stars Is A ok fine
Published on January 9, 2007 by starflakes

3.0 out of 5 stars Some cans tastes good, others horrid
Published on April 22, 2011 by momof2

5.0 out of 5 stars Is A ok fine, January 9, 2007
I prefer this powdered milk to the condensed form that Meyerberg sells. The condensed has a more sour flavor to it. One has to realize that goat's milk is not cow's milk in that it is richer or creamier in flavor so it does startle one until your palate get's used to something which tastes "different". When it is warm, it honestly tastes about as close to what a milk product should taste. Cold it has a slight powdered milk processed flavor.

I actually made ice cream from this powdered milk and it turned out pretty good. It is like ice milk as this is milk, but it was different and enjoyable but quite sweet.

The recipe was 1 quart milk (8 scoops of powdered milk made warm and allowed to chill)

1 cup white sugar

1 tsp vanilla flavoring (you can try other flavorings like banana)

1/8 tsp salt

My electric freezer will freeze this in 20 minutes.

I like the powdered for it's ease and it keeps well. I can make up a quart and it will keep 2 weeks, so it is on hand and not wasting or forcing someone who has limited use to drink a gallon of milk. Granted one is used to cow's milk, but this is something one can get used to if they have allergies and I am glad it comes in a nice metal can with a plastic lid to reseal after you pop the top and a plastic measuring scoop to get it right.

One can will make 3 quarts of milk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some cans tastes good, others horrid, April 22, 2011
This review is from: Meyenberg Whole Powdered Goat Milk, Vitamin D, 12-Ounce Cans (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
I really do not know what the issue is with this goat milk. My one year old daughter has suffered horrible constipation since switching to cow milk on her birthday. After a month of us both suffering (because I had to help it along if you get my drift), I switched her to goat milk. After 2 days, she was passing perfectly soft stools. The goat milk definitely cured her of the constipation, but each can I open seems to be different. Sometimes when I reconsitute it, I know right away that it is going to taste terrible because the smell is so strong. Other cans, I hardly notice it. She will not drink the bad-smelling milk, and when I have tried it, I have nearly vomitted! Majorly salty and gamey tasting.
Compared to fresh (Meyenberg from the fridge section of grocery store), well, it really doesn't compare. I have found the fresh to taste sweet, like cream, and then there is a little gamey after-taste, but nothing like the slap-you-in-the-face taste of the powdered. I was hoping to save money with the powdered, but since it is a 50/50 chance she won't drink certain cans, I am really wasting money. I am thinking I will have to stick with the fresh from now on.
If anyone has any ideas about what the difference between cans could be, I would love to hear it! I always have prepared it with Britta-filtered water (warmed on the stove) and mixed it up in pyrex, then stored it in a large Ball jar in fridge. (I know I should prob call the company and talk to them, but that would require me to actually remember to do it at a time that they are open and I am able - never happens!!)Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars My toddler drinks it, November 9, 2006
My almost-two-year-old is allergic to cow's milk, so we give him a mixture of goat's milk and rice milk. Liquid goat's milk is expensive, at least where I live, so we switched to the powdered form a few months ago. I don't drink milk, but my son seems to like it okay. Goat's milk products have a distinct flavor that you either love or hate; I love it in goat cheese and goat butter, but my wife hates it. Judge for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most convienent way to store and drink goats milk, April 15, 2007
We have been using Meyenberg's powdered goat milk for several years. We used to buy their milk in cartons at Walmart and it was good. The only problem was that we live so far from a Walmart store that we would run out of goat's milk between trips. We decided to try the powdered and found that it mixes and stays mixed very well and tastes exactly like the liquid milk in the cartons. Of course it stores easily and indefinitely and we highly recommend it to anyone who wants or has to drink goats milk.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this milk!, September 24, 2007
My 14 month old daughter can not tolerate cows milk or soy. While she was an infant, she had to drink Nutramigen formula and would only drink maybe 4 oz at a time. Once she turned a year old, and I began giving her Meyenberg goat's milk, she began to guzzle it! She loves it so much! She now consistently drinks 8-12 ounces at a time!

I mix one can (powdered) at a time, which makes approx. one gallon. We go through about a gallon every 2 days!

This milk is such a blessing! We highly recommend it! Amazon has the best price, too. It's so much more convenient and less expensive to purchase it on here and have it delivered to us rather than make countless (and expensive) trips to the health food store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternate for Baby Formula!!, March 17, 2011
NKT (Pagosa Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
My son is sensitive to cows milk protein and I am trying to keep him off of soy. My milk was not enough for him, and I did not like the ingredients in baby formula (all had soy and most have cows milk protein, not to mention 45% corn syrup solids). My pediatrician recommended this powdered goats milk because they add folate (not normally found in goats milk). Since I have been feeding my son this milk, he has been SO happy and growing so much better! Have not had to add any vitamins/supplements to it to make it a whole food, it is fine on its own. Although, I have been using organic brown rice cereal because he is getting close to being ready for solids. LOVE this milk! (always consult your doctor before changing your babies diet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddler with cow and soy milk intolerance., June 30, 2011
My baby has had digestive issues from birth. At 12 months I put her on this product and immediately saw improvement. It didn't take long for her to accept it either. I found a recipe on the Dr. Sears website for making goats milk formula for infants and would have tried it when she was younger. TIP: This powder doesn't dissolve in water as easily as regular formula. Make a days worth of milk ahead of time and use a wire wisk to mix it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meyenberg Powdered Goat Milk -- Good for Puppies, January 9, 2007
D. L. Cutter (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I used Meyenberg Powdered Goat Milk with my first litter of pups five years ago, and was very pleased with it, so made sure to stock up before my second litter was born. I supplement the mother's food with it, and mix it with ground puppy food to make a puppy gruel to transition the pups to puppy food. The pups and their mother seem to love it, and have suffered no digestive problems at all. It dissolves quickly in warm water and is convenient and easy to store. I recommend it as a nutritional supplement for nursing mothers and pups both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Baby Formula, March 7, 2012
Justa Guy "Just a Guy" (Cleveland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
My little girl (6 months) can't stomach any formula. Even Nutramigen, at $35 per can made her colicky and sick (accompanied with the worst smelling spit up). The expensive formulas smelled bad, and tasted worse, I hated giving them to her. Goats milk was recommended to me. Her doctor's only objection was that it was low in Folic Acid and tended to dehydrate babies. Well, Meyenberg Powdered Milk is fortified with Folic Acid, so dilute it with a little extra water and you're in business! I now have the happiest infant you've ever seen. Enfamil can take that nasty chemical soup they call formula and shove it, I'll never go back.

You can get the formula Recipe at:
[...]

There have been concerns about arsenic in rice syrup lately, so I have been using Lyle's Golden Syrup, and she likes it fine (Also it's the best pancake syrup you'll ever have). I am going to try barley malt syrup next, it is chemically more similar to rice syrup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternate infant formula, December 25, 2010
This goat's milk has been a godsend for our granddaughter who seemed to get sick on every formula we tried. The goat milk with a little coconut oil and extra DHA became a fantastic infant formula. Once she started using the goat milk, almost all of her "issues" resolved themselves. Her skin cleared up completely and her scalp didn't look all scaly and dry. She looked like the perfect child we knew her to be! She's now 7 months and has been using it since she's a month old. She has been growing beautifully and perfectly on this powdered goat milk. The powder is very convenient too. Twenty years ago my nephew used goat milk in place of cow's milk and also did great! His allergies also became a thing of the past. All I can say is this is an excellent product!

Rate and Discover Movies