5.0 out of 5 stars Need to Revive this Series
First season was powerful in it's rawness. Then they found their feet, and made the second season better. I loved this show! They could return to Miami, and show how the shop has changed, and progressed, retain the focus on why people were getting tattoos. Forget the drama, tell the stories.
Published 4 months ago by Brad T. Janowitz

3.0 out of 5 stars Product Review - not a review of the actual season!
Published on May 4, 2012 by Knowledge Contagion

3.0 out of 5 stars Product Review - not a review of the actual season!, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Miami Ink Complete Season 2 : Uncut 8 Disc Set : 30 Episodes (DVD)
Obviously if you're going to buy this item, you liked Miami Ink - Season 1 - and/or the series in general so I don't see a reason to go into detail about the show in general or the episodes specifically. But what I will say is that there are 30 episodes in Season 2, starting with "Yoji's Initiation" (where he's left three miles away from the shop and has to find his way back in his boxers and shoes) and ending with "Tensions Rock the Shop" (the episode where Kat leaves).

So, rather than this being a review of the season itself, I am reviewing the actual product. I am giving this three stars for two reasons: 1) Compared to the first season (which was minimally packaged in a carboard, fold-out fashion and took up very little space), the packaging for this season is awful!! There are 8 discs and 6 cases. For some odd reason, the first two cases contain two DVDs and the last four discs have their own individual cases. If these were slim cases, it wouldn't have irritated me as much, but these are "regular" sized cases, so it takes up a lot room. 2) These episodes must have been ripped straight from what was originally aired because everything's still being bleeped out - which is great for some people, I'm sure, but all of those bleeps get annoying after a while. The silent third reason would be that there are no special features ... I know it's been a while since it originally aired, but some kind of retrospective, at least, would have been nice.

If the third season ever comes out, I really hope the packaging is more conservative and the bleeps are done away with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to Revive this Series, May 22, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Miami Ink Season 2 (DVD)
I have all the seasons on DVD. I love the show and the boys so much. I still watch NY Ink.

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, September 18, 2009
This review is from: Miami Ink Season 2 (DVD)
I love this show, Chris Carver is such an awsome tattooist, I wish I could get a tattoo from him, ya right. Enjoy!

Rate and Discover Movies