Miami Vice: Season 4
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- 22 episodes on five discs
Top Customer Reviews
contempt of court: geez, this is the season premiere?? a lackluster episode about a mob guy (stanley tucci) attempts to get to the witness that will testify against him at trial. pretty dull...
amen send money: pretty funny episode with dueling television evangelists. one of them accuses tubbs of rape. i like the soundtrack of this one and it had some really funny moments...
Death & the Lady: pretty good episode about a strange porno director that crockett and tubbs suspect has made a genuine snuff film. crockett teaches him a lesson about the fact that violence isn't glamorous...
The Big Thaw: another goofy episode about a dead and frozen reggie star. everyone is fighting over his body and izzie is involved in the scam. pretty funny stuff...
child's play: a strange episode in which crockett shoots a child. the children's parents speak directly to the camera about the shooting and crocket agonizes about it. the kid isn't necessarily the innocent victim he was first thought to be however...
god's work: esai morales returns as a potential heir to takeover a family drug operation but may be there for other reasons entirely.Read more ›
Here's just some of problems:
- Miami?: Most of the scenes are set in dark, fog-filled garbage-strewn alleys or dimly-lit rooms. Where's the Scarab? Where's the St. Vitus? Where's Elvis? Heck, where's a palm tree? How about the South Beach strip? Or any beach, for that matter. How about some ocean? Or a sunset? Watching this season, you would never even know it takes place in the fun and sun of Miami. If not for the use of pastel neon lights, this season could have been Detroit Vice.
- Music: Where did the mainstream pop music go? When one thinks of Miami, they think of dancing, laughing, partying, etc. Seasons 1-2 captured that (season 3 tried at times, but failed in comparison to the first two seasons). In season 4 however, the soundtrack goes into the obscure hard rock, industrial and goth. Huh? Was this a budget issue? I mean, I like the Jesus and Mary Chain and The Smiths too...but in Vice? Come on. Since when did South Beach get so depressing? Even most of Jan Hammer's tracks were recycled from earlier seasons. No wonder he was smart and found the quickest exit door at the conclusion of this season.
- Budget: Clearly, there were some serious cuts.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just as I remembered the show! I personally love the music more than anything!Published 3 days ago by Michael McDuffie
Perfect condition, views very clear. I will continue to order from Amazon. I am very satisfied. Thank you!Published 2 months ago by suz
Great season! One of the best! Super cliff hanger! Well sealed. Would recommend!Published 3 months ago by Neil P. Fraser
This season started strong and kept the heat of season 3 going. However, this season closed weak and kind of signaled the coming of the truly awful season 5. Read morePublished 5 months ago by SUPERMAN
to any fans who hate/like this season i'm gonna tell them they're right to like it and also right to hate it !..here's the reason.. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jamal A. Wahab Almuhaini
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Television
- Movies & TV > TV