5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Amazing
Published 23 months ago by Jesse

3.0 out of 5 stars Frame is good, but remote and instructions are lousy!
I was excited to receive this item even though a review had stated the remote was less than spectacular. OH BOY was he correct!
Not only is the remote flimsy and hard to work, the instruction manual is basically a waste of paper. It doesn't give any real instructions on how to run the dang thing!
The frame itself puts out a good picture and pretty much runs the...
Published 18 months ago by Connie N.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Amazing, November 10, 2012
This review is from: Micca M808z 8-Inch 800x600 High Resolution Digital Photo Frame With Auto On/Off Timer, MP3 and Video Player (Black) (Camera)
Yea, I think this is a pretty amazing product. Let me tell you my expectations were not high because we are not dealing with some name brand here. My old photo frame died and I needed a replacement. I paid over a hundred dollars for the Pandigital that kicked the bucket so I decided to get a cheaper replacement. But based on a week of use, I feel the Micca m808z surpassed all my expectations and then some.

First of all, it looks amazing with the metal front and very thin design. Its sleek and sharp, just looks great. My previous photo frame by Pandigital was all plastic and looked cheap. The screen is a good size and high resolution so there's a lot of detail in the photos, again a great improvement over the Pandigital that was a blurry mess in comparison. The colors are great and my photos look awesome. I love the fact that this is a "normal" sized frame in that the photos don't get a lot chopped off the sides.

I accidentally discovered the background music feature because the usb drive with my photos also had some music files. It startled me when Adele started singing and took me a few seconds to realize what was going on. It was actually kind of a cool effect. I'll have to play with it some more. The frame has a nicely written manual in real plain English - that in and of itself is pretty amazing too.

I am just really happy that I found a really good replacement for my old frame that decided to put itself out of its misery and died. This replacement I bought from Micca is well made, looks great all around, and shows pictures in awesome quality. Yay!

4.0 out of 5 stars Picky, but high quality when used as specified!, December 15, 2012
At first, I just tossed some pictures onto a 4 gb SD card and plugged it into the frame. The resulting pictures were gravelly and extremely pixelated, but I didn't freak out because I knew the pictures were not 4:3 in resolution.

I took the same pictures in photoshop and did some cropping/resizing to have maximum of 800x600 for pixels, or any 4:3 ratio therefrom, and when I viewed the new pictures on the frame they looked great.

Moral of the story: It's an 800x600 photo frame, and it's meant for 4:3 pictures, don't feed it anything else. I haven't experimented with it any more, since it's actually a xmas present for my mother, but I'll update this if I find anything else negative or positive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for the price, December 25, 2012
This is the first digital frame I have used, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Haven't tried the remote. So far, though I feel it worth the price I paid.

Pros:

* Settings retained (ie, clock/calendar, etc) even when unplugged
* Resolution is decent
* Has some internal memory (didn't use it)
* Settings are saved as soon as you select them (no need to 'save' or 'confirm' changes made)

Cons:

* non-intuitive setup process
* image transitions are cheesy and clunky (turn them off or use 'fade')
* no attachment to hang frame on a wall, only to stand on a table/desk
* "Full" image setting stretches and skews images

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!, December 4, 2012
This frame is exactly what I needed--just plain simple! I am not one who wants to spend a lot of time reading to figure out how to operate something--no patience for that--all I did was install my SD card, plug it in and let the slideshow begin. Picture quality is GREAT! And love the transistion effects! I must admit when I first opened the package I too thought the screen was damaged as one review states; but, upon looking closer, there is a protective film on the screen that does have to be removed--and that does have the screen appear as scratched. That was actually the most difficulty I had with this frame. The protective film does have a tab in the upper corner to pull for removal; however, that did not lift away the film for me; only the tab came off. I had to carefully work with it a while to remove as it is snug and fits perfectly within the face of the frame! The frame style & color is very nice too. Don't hesitate to buy, you won't regret! In fact, I will be purchasing a few more for Christmas gifts! It is very nice quality for gift giving at a nice price!! Very pleased with this digital frame & I had reviewed many before making my decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Random mode does not work, December 25, 2012
Screen is good for a 800x600 photo frame. Better resolution than the one I replaced. I took away one star because the random function does not work properly. I put the images on an SD card and one particular photo repeated every 2-3 times the image changed. I thought there might be an issue with the random algorithm, so I renamed the problem image. The image stopped showing as frequently, but unfortunately a afferent image took its place. I power cycled the frame and tried to adjust the settings, but nothing fixed the problem. Showing the images sequentially is fine with me and the price was right, so I am keeping it, but if random mode is important to you, then buy a different frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price, December 7, 2012
It was very fast shipping (I don't know if it is because it is closed to the holidays but I got it very fast). It is a pretty good size picture frame, I recently bought another picture frame on black friday and I was disappointed to see how small the screen was and how some pictures were squished in order to fit in the screen. No problem with the size of this one! I specially like the video playback option, it is a nice surprise to put a video there and once in a while it starts playing. I'm very happy with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frame is good, but remote and instructions are lousy!, April 14, 2013
Connie N. (Corvallis, OR) - See all my reviews
The frame itself puts out a good picture and pretty much runs the way it's supposed to, IF you can figure the system of programming out.
All in all, I can't say I regret buying this, but I'm certainly not as thrilled by it as I had anticipated.
Update-This frame is really disappointing after having used it for these past few months. The sound is tinny and the programs don't run as they should. It says it can handle up to 32gigs, but my 16gig flashdrive, which is by no means full, seems to contain more than it can handle. Putting the slideshow on, without repeating, should take me straight through the picture files, but it doesn't. It repeats often and will not "take the command" as it should. I don't hate the thing, but I am much less than impressed with it's performance over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Micca M808Z, December 3, 2012
I love it, the wife loves it, so far nothing to complain about and every one that's seen it has said how good it looks and asked what brand it is. No one has ever heard of this brand but if they keep making good products like this, they should go far. It's extremely easy to use, just pop in a card, turn it on, and the photos start showing up. Looks great, awesome image quality. We are thinking of getting one for my parents as a gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, December 29, 2012
Mark Riddle (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I know there are tons of digital frames out there an extremely wide variety of prices. I purchased two of these as Christmas gifts for family members. My review is based on my own hand on experience setting it up for one of my family members.

KEY FEATURES I LIKE:
The frame plays video (AVI and MP4 formats) as well as music (MP3 format). That is actually a nice thing to have. It can display your photos while music is playing. That is a nice thing. It comes with a remote. However, I have not used it yet. The ability to play videos was a very nice plus. No video support wasn't a deal breaker for a photo frame, but it was really nice to have that feature just in case I wanna use it. It does resize photos so that pictures that were oriented tall, are shown with black sides. I noticed that some frames dont' do that. This one allows you to set it to display the entire image of a photo or fill the screen when a photo is not oriented the same way as the frame (landscape).

PICTURE QUALITY: The picture quality is just fine. I don't know if it could be better or not. The pictures are clear and vibrant, no jagged edges detected. I did notice that very high resolution photos take a long time to transition. So I highly suggest exporting your photos in suitable resolution for the frame. I use iPhoto on my Mac and exported the desired photos onto a small flash drive. It worked flawlessly. The only issue is the viewing angles. The screen doesn't have the widest of viewing angles, so keep that in mind.

EASE OF USE: So far, the frame is pretty easy to use. There are several modes to go through and the menus all seem pretty self explanatory.

The only thing that I would have liked, and I stress this is a very small wish, is that the frame came looking more like a picture (in a frame). The brushed metal "frame" of the unit makes it look more like an iPad or similar device more so than a photo frame. That is the only issue I have with the unit thus far and I cannot stress enough that it really isn't an issue, more of a preference. So far, this frame is proving to be a bargain for the price and the features you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, May 5, 2013
KeesMom (Kentucky, USA) - See all my reviews
The frame arrived promptly in excellent condition. It was easy to set up and use. I loaded photos and music on an SD card, inserted it, and was enjoying the photos within minutes of opening the package. The frame looks good. The screen is a nice size. Picture quality is great. There is a remote, which controls everything. It is great because I placed the frame on a bookshelf across the room so that I can view the photos easily and not take up any desk space, but still turn the music on or off, adjust any other settings, or turn the frame on or off. There are many other features you can play with to adapt it to your likes and dislikes (i.e., transitions between photos, timing, automatic on/off, and many more). I was not familiar with this brand and was a bit wary, but I trust Amazon to provide excellent customer service if I have any problems. Therefore, I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad I did. I highly recommend this product. It would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift, especially if you preload an SD card with photos and music so that Mom can enjoy it immediately.