5.0 out of 5 stars These are absolutely fantab!!
Published on December 28, 2011 by Cecelia

3.0 out of 5 stars No Luck
Published on February 29, 2012 by BK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars These are absolutely fantab!!, December 28, 2011
Cecelia (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
So when I initially came across these, I was out on an all out thorough boot hunt across Amazon.com and Endless.com. I stumbled across this pair and my interest stayed fixated on them although they weren't ideally the black boots I had been looking for. In the end, I purchased both this pair and another Michael Antonio pair of black boots (beautiful but not as comfortable as these Bailey's!).

I'm 4'11" and these boots go right up to my kneecap and they're very cute. I love the grey color that's available, and I think the style and the color go hand in hand to make it an eye-catching pair of boots and I very much recommend them! And for goodness' sake -- look at the heel design on the bottom of these things -- my boyfriend described (both my Michael Antonio pairs, hehe) the design as "phenomenal," and he would know because he has an enormous amount of aesthetic (okay, a bit more than aesthetic too) appreciation for boots and knee-highs and such :p.

As far as the dimensions, my calves are around 14" or so when I measured myself, which may not be totally accurate, but the boot openings here are 14.75" around and it's a very comfortable fit for me. Also with boots, I got advice from a Macy's salesperson (in the shoe department) that one must go a size higher than normal. So I wear size 5 or 5 and 1/2 originally, but I took size 6 for these boots, and seriously, I couldn't have gone a size lower, or even a half size lower! So if you have size 5 or 5 1/2 feet, don't fret, buy the size 6! Umm, other than that, I already spoke of the shaft measurement since I'm 4'11" and it goes up to right under my kneecap, or in other words, right up to the bottom of my knees. As far as comfort, they're alright, I honestly can't speak on this dimension since I haven't worn them out all day -- which in my view is the ultimate test in terms of shoe comfort. Oh, and I do believe they're worth the money too, the quality bears up under the financial investment of these babies.

Take-home message, if you're hesitating about the color, the length, the style, etc., is to buy it and try it out -- I believe you're able to return them if you're dissatisfied. But I'm also pretty sure that you won't want to return them once you receive them and see how nice they look :)

4.0 out of 5 stars CONFUSED? READ THIS!, September 21, 2012
~THE ZIPPER IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOOT, NOT THE INSIDE~

You're very welcome :) Yes, I had a little panic attack trying these on.

Let me start off by saying: they are made in China (what isn't?). But the quality is not the same as those other notorious products that are manufactured in that country, which I have unfortunately come across. Anyway, the packaging is superb, looks just as if you had bought them straight out of a store or warehouse (but that is more a compliment to the seller, not the boots themselves).

I unwrapped the boots as fast as possible due to my unbearable joy/excitement, and tried them on. This is where I got dizzy. I could not for the life of me tell which boot was meant for which foot. It took me a good ten minutes of trying them on and switching feet to determine that the zipper did in fact go on the OUTSIDE of the boot as opposed to the inside, which cleared everything up. If you are fluent in shoes, you should know 99.9% of boot zippers go on the inside. It is the institutionalized norm, and to go against this will inevitably cause confusion.
I even solicited the help of my father who unluckily happened to wander in the room as I was struggling to figure out this puzzling dilemma. I mean, I'm not saying all of you out there will be as slow as I was, but for those who are also sleep-deprived on the day they are trying on these boots, I hope I saved you some trouble with telling the left from the right.

As for the fit: true to the 7.5 size! (though a little snug). I wouldn't rely on reviews on this topic though, because everyone has different feet. I would say I have average sized feet. I have slender calves though and they are a perfect fit around them. I think you would struggle if you have a bigger (or maybe even average?) calf size.

Walking in these boots makes me feel like a supermodel. They are a great autumn staple to have in your shoe collection. They are perfect for those that are well versed in prancing about with high heels, but they would not suit a beginner unless she wants sprained ankles. Also they are a bit slippery if you move too fast on hardwood and tile flooring, so they lost half a star on this, and half a star on the trouble they gave me putting them on.

I would DEFINITELY recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE BOOTS!, December 6, 2011
I have two other pair of MA boots and I paid 1/2 as much as I paid for these.
The only reason I gave them 4 of 5 is the zipper is on the outside of the boot rather than the inside. It takes away from the boot just a bit.
The platform is the perfect height to balance the high heal. I love this...and paying a little bit more was worth it in this case.
On a side note, I have a calf that measures 12 inches so these are quite big around the calf. I can wear them with skinnys and it's ok but I couldn't wear them with leggings, tights, etc without it looking REALLY bad! Ohh, these fit true to size. I'm a 7 1/2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Uncomfortable but..., November 9, 2011
These boots are so cute! They run slightly small, I'm a size 6 so I ordered a 6, they fit fine without thick socks but If you try to put thick socks on with these, you won't be able to fit your foot inside unless you order the next size up! They're slightly uncomfortable after a while but all high heels are, other than that, they're great!

5.0 out of 5 stars MMichael Antonio boots, October 8, 2012
Great boot. Thank you I am very pleased with this boot. The only thing is if you have thick calves you may want to order bigger boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, September 27, 2012
Not bad for what they are, relatively comfortable. I strongly recommend a shoe insole.
Look pretty hot, only draw back is that the zippers which in most boots is on the inside (of the leg) is on the outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars MA Bailey knee-high boots, March 29, 2012
I got these in black and i must say these are the best knee-high boots i ever had.
They are wicked with super skinny jeans. So sexy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars SEXIEST Boots ever!, September 29, 2014
These boots looked amazing on! Love Love Love! They are built well and have a nice shape to them. As stated in other reviews for boots I have posted I am very small and boots do not usually look that good on me but these were an exception. My only issue is these are NOT good for extended wear. They are very tall heel wise and unless you are used to that kind of incline your feet will hurt after a while. That said, they are definitely worth the buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars No Luck, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Michael Antonio Women's Bailey Knee-High Boot (Apparel)
I purchased these for my wife who liked the way they looked. She'd ordered one size large so that she could wear socks with them, but found that a full size up was too big. Returned them for the correct size and the second set ordered were both marked the same size but one boot was clearly larger than the other. The second set was returned also and she's decided to shop elsewhere for her boots. She was disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots... so, so much!, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Michael Antonio Women's Bailey Knee-High Boot (Apparel)
First - The drawback. The color shown on the picture is definitely lighter than the actual boots. They are not a cream color like the picture, they are light brown. Luckily for me, this did not matter, and they are still gorgeous.

Second - Order a size up. I am a size 9 or 9 1/2, and ordered a size 10. They will be much more comfortable when you go a size up, but this is typically true of heeled boots.

These are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. I was quite surprised at the quality and comfort. They are the highest boots I've owned (yes, a platform, but nonetheless they are tall just with the heel.) I am already 5'10'', and these boots put me at about 6'4''!!! They are awesome, and if you are shorter, they will add some serious height!

The suede is great quality, the stitching is also pretty good. But again, the comfort is what has sold me on purchasing other Michael Antonio boots. I have many pairs of boots from various brands. These are the best so far. Of course, I have not ordered the more "designer" boots, so I cannot compare these to the $150+ boots listed on Amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›