5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful Michael Bennett
Michael Bennett, is a detective with the New York City Police Department and has been for more then twenty years. He is always involved in high profile cases and this book is probably his biggest case.

Published 24 months ago by Shelly Itkin

1.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Disappointed
I love James Patterson and have read everyone of his books. I, Michael Bennett was such a disappoinment. You get to the last page and think "What the hell just happened, did my Kindle drop some pages." You don't know how the books ends. How long do we have to wait for a sequel. Not fair to the Patterson readers!!
Published on July 20, 2012 by Robert Mackiewicz

‹ Previous | 1 2 395 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, July 11, 2012
This review is from: I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5) (Hardcover)
As a long time reader of everything James Patterson I must say this book "I Michael Bennett' was a huge disappointment. Its bad enough that I agree that the world as a whole and America in general is going to "hell in a handbasket" I always look for my books to keep me occupied for awhile. I expect murder, kidnapping and most anything else but this book is all about letting the bad win. Isn't that the whole problem, everyone is just giving up. Now you have left me hanging with no justice for anyone and the good guys in witness protection. Sorry, I don't think I will be buying anymore Michael Bennett. This is why I don't read true crime. I want a book to keep me interested but not left with such a depressed feeling. At 74 years of age I have watched the real world become a not so good a place to live. Now, you took one of my characters away.

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP-OFF, August 6, 2012
This review is from: I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5) (Hardcover)
How do you rate a book that has no ending? That's right - the last 20 chapters or so are missing; the book doesn't end, it simply stops midparagraph. After waiting for the book to come out, after paying a premium price for it, and after spending time reading it, I have no idea what happens to the good guys or the bad guys. I feel ripped off! I'm actually furious.

Since the book has no resolution, I propose this one: The bad guy, Manuel Perrine, catches up with Bennett, kills him and his entire family, including Mary Catherine. (I don't care, because I won't be reading any more Michael Bennett books anyway). Then Perrine flees to French Guiana, where he adopts the alias "James Patterson" and writes detective novels with no endings. Moral: Yes, there is evil in the world.

I will never again waste my money or time on any book with the words "James Patterson" on the cover. As for co-author Michael Ledwidge: You might want to change you name and enter the witness protection program yourself.

1.0 out of 5 stars I Michael Bennett, August 23, 2012
This review is from: I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5) (Hardcover)
I've been a Patterson fan for years...but no more. The only reason one would write a book with no ending is greed! Seems the plan to entice readers to buy the next in the series has backfired.
I, Michael Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh No, He Didn't!, July 11, 2012
I look forward to James Patterson's books and have read almost all of them. And I've liked them all (don't read the teen series) - "The Women's Murder Club," "The Alex Cross Series" and "Michael Bennett."

Imagine my excitement when I received my Kindle book. I could almost taste the excitement, especially in light of the characters in this series. I agree with some of those who've written that it was slow but it picked up steam and suddenly when you reach the end, THAT'S IT! No ending....just a lot of regret and sadness! And the reader is left "steaming and fuming." You're not even given the option of information re: another book to follow this...

This is all I can say: :( :( :(

1.0 out of 5 stars The ending is HORRIBLE., July 21, 2012
Bill Garrison (Oklahoma City, OK USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5) (Hardcover)
As I reached the last few pages of James Patterson's I, MICHAEL BENNETT, I realized this book wasn't going to get the 3 stars I planned on giving it, it was going to get one, and that was only because I couldn't give it a zero. Why?

The ending is horrible. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger. That would imply the ending could be resolved in a few pages. No, it ends with absolutely no resolution to the entire plot of the novel, and instead lead into what will obviously be an entire novel between where cartel drug warlord Manuel Perrine kills innocent cops and civilians in a timely manner and NYPD Det. Michael Bennett alternately fears for his family and coordinates doomed raids trying to catch Perrine.

That's all this novel was about anyway. From the earliest chapters when Perrine is captured, the story alternates between Perrine and Bennett making moves. Cops die, Perrine cronies and gangs die. There are absolutely no twists to the story. And that is disappointing, because one of the big pros to this series was the great plots of the last three novels. Bennett had to do some actual detective work, and the villains were really bad guys.

In this book, the bad guy is obvious, so there is no suspense, nothing to do. Sure, there is the subplot of the gangs in the town where Bennett and clan are vacationing. Bennett also continues to be clueless about relationships, especially with nanny Mary Catherine.

The way Patterson churns out novels, he owes his readers more than this. The sequel to this book is going to come out next year, and it is going to be Perrine chasing Bennett again. The only question is, where will the battles take place and how many unnamed people will die.

Avoid this one if you can.

1.0 out of 5 stars another disappointment, September 5, 2012
I should have known better. Patterson has been so disappointing as of late. The book has no ending. It just stops with a review of et another book which I wll not be buying. We shouldn'e be so dumb as to put up with his treatment of his "fans."

1.0 out of 5 stars I want my money back, August 19, 2012
The Kindle version of I, Michael Bennett is not a complete book. Looks like the author had to meet a deadline and abruptly ended it.
It was a pretty good read to the semi-conclusion at 92%. I was shocked to see it abruptly end, and then there was an advertisement for another Patterson book having nothing to do with the book I was reading.

Had I known that the "I" in the title meant "Part 1", I would not have purchased it, as I do not like the cliffhangers where you are sucked into buying a future book yet unwritten. Amazon, please refund my money on this book, and take Patterson off my favorite authors cookie.

Somebody at Amazon should read the book for completeness before it is listed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful Michael Bennett, July 27, 2012
This review is from: I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5) (Hardcover)

Thru some very intricate and upsetting moves Michael had caught Manuel Perrine a drug lord. Unfortunately in the mission he will loose one of his dearest and childhood friends.

Nobody is safe now that Perrine is in custody and he has enough money and contacts to dictate from jail who and when to kill people.

The scariest part is when Michael realizes that he has put orders out on his own family when two of his own sons become victims.

You will not be able to put this book down nor will you want to. I just wish it could of kept on going it is definitely the best of this series I have read so far.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Ending!!!!, July 16, 2012
I will start by saying I LOVE the Michael Bennett series, it's my favorite! I loved catching up with the Bennett clan, and the situation Detective Bennett is put in is a new one, working with drug lords. It's a huge problem Patterson is addressing up in the areas of rural NY and always in NYC. But this book lacked an ending!!! I'm getting tired of Patterson leaving us hanging around for a year or so while he decides when he'll tell us an ending. This has been typical, but this one was just plain ridiculous!! It ends in the middle of a situation, very abruptly. Now we'll have to wait until he lets us have a free trial of his next book, and then buy the conclusion. I'm starting to think Patterson is all about $$$ which he never used to be like that. Again, I love the series so I will continue reading, but he just pissed me off with how he did this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing pages?, July 14, 2012
As a great fan of James Patterson, I am always looking forward to his next book. I think this one was really unfair as there was no ending and we'll have to wait many months for a conclusion. I wouldn't have minded as much if it had a title such as "I, Michael Bennett, Pt. 1", but to be cruising along in my typical one sitting read of a Patterson book expecting the next chapter only to see the opening chapters of his next book "The Zoo" was very unfair and really disappointing. I was sure my Kindle version was missing pages as there wasn't even a "look for the exciting conclusion..." statement at the bottom of the last page. A real let down from my favorite author!

‹ Previous | 1 2 395 | Next ›

I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5)
I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, Book 5) by James Patterson (Hardcover - July 9, 2012)
$27.99