Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2011 12:40:40 PM PDT
Who is Michael Brandman?

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 12:14:46 PM PDT
Bob Parker died of a heart attack while working on a book. Could be Brandman was another writer on the publisher's payroll, that decided to finish Parker's last book.

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 9:38:20 AM PDT
Better question will be continue the series and is he any good (as in has he written anything else)

Posted on May 5, 2011 5:18:28 PM PDT
I just found out through a link provided by Parker's wife on facebook (she is now on my buddy list) that Brandman is on the staff that does the tv movies, and that he WILL BE continuing the series. There is also an author taking over the Spensers as well. Nothing on the Sunny Randalls.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011 1:25:38 PM PDT
R. Simpson says:
See the current Amazon review of the book for a full explanation.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 9:36:38 AM PDT
Gary W. Hunt says:
No matter how good this guy is, he ain't no Robert B. Parker.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 9:44:29 AM PDT
We don't know that and with luck he is better. Thats my hope because my life would be a little less with out Spenser and Hawk and Jessie Stone

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 8:10:47 AM PDT
Marc G says:
I think I'm disappointed that Spenser and Stone will go on.

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 6:26:16 PM PDT
Michael G. says:
I hope this book will be better than the latest Jesse Stone T.V. movie. Selleck and Brandman wrote it and as far as I am concerned, it was a real bore that went virtually nowhere.... I expected much more.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:33:53 PM PDT
Well, at least in my opinion, the latest TV movie was a hair better than this book, which is easily the worst novel in the series and weaker than either of the original screenplays. That said, if you don't compare it to Parker's work (but, considering the characters, that is hard to do), it's not that bad a mystery novel.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 5:42:36 PM PST
How long would one expect these books to continue since the author died? It doesn't seem possible just to have them go on and on. At some point both Spenser and Stone will be old men. Having said that, I liked "Killing the Blues." I think I'll go back and reread the old Robert Parker books!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Robert B. Parker's Killing the Blues (A Jesse Stone Novel)
Robert B. Parker's Killing the Blues (A Jesse Stone Novel) by Michael Brandman (Hardcover - September 13, 2011)
3.5 out of 5 stars (407)