Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson: The Experience forum

Michael Jackson The Experience -KINECT

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 4, 2011 4:15:25 PM PDT
Hancock0451 says:
Release day shipping is .99c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 10:30:58 AM PDT
D. Fulwiler says:
I don't see that!

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 11:25:58 AM PDT
eeeeeee-heeeeeeeeeeee!

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 8:06:07 AM PDT
Oded Shopen says:
release date shipping is free to prime members.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 1:49:42 PM PDT
Ricky says:
I gonna gave this a game try, since I like dance central and like MJ moves.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 4:33:17 PM PDT
Paul says:
How do you sing in this game? I have it and have done dancing but singing doesn't work. And yes, I went through the calibration and I made sure my Kinect mic was not muted. I've tried singing while dancing and nothing happens. Anyone else have this? Any solution for what I'm doing wrong?

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 5:51:40 PM PDT
Adrian Ryan says:
You have to do Performance or Master Performance to do the singing. Those modes have dancing and singing sections. If you just do the Dance mode, then you only have to dance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2011 5:58:19 PM PDT
Chat must be turned on in your Xbpx set-up

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 6:53:01 PM PDT
Is this game good ?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2011 8:37:40 PM PDT
Not really that good - I can't recommend it

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2011 9:23:57 PM PDT
Is it not good because of poor kinect body recognition or because of other reasons ?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 4:04:40 AM PDT
Paul says:
This was the answer. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 4:09:12 AM PDT
Paul says:
If you like his music you will enjoy the game. I wish the que cards were a little bigger (like Dance Central). For under $50 the game is fun and I would recommend it for MJ music fans. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 6:55:29 AM PDT
Johnny says:
I agree. Not the stealler game I was expecting, but it's the best Michael Jackson game you can buy compared to the PS3 and Wii that still require you to hold a controller. Not perfect, but still fun, especially if you're a fan of Michael jackson.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 10:36:28 AM PDT
In the trailer, the people are using Lips mics to sing. Can you use wired USB mics like from Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or Karaoke Revolution?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 11:56:48 AM PDT
Paul says:
I think you can but I don't know for sure.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 5:15:14 PM PDT
Hancock0451 says:
the kinect has a built in mic, duhhhhh :)

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 11:28:17 AM PDT
Ichigo says:
People are complaining about them showing up on the TV instead of the avatar...?
Are they complaining about it because they hate to see themselves dancing not so good or are they complaining about the quality of the graphic?
I mean they hate seeing themselves on the screen because...of what?
1, You don't look as cool as you think you should be??
2, You don't like seeing yourself because you think you look lame??
3, The game graphic is horrible and your avatar looks "unfinished"?
4, The game won't recognize your figure correctly
5, You want the cool animated avatar to dance instead of you??

No offense. But I 'm confused. Are they complaining about the quality of the game graphic or about their own figure??
I don't mind seeing actual human popping up on the TV when we dance. It would be so cool...
I don't think anyone would look that horrible...I mean the game are meant to be fun and funny...and it's totally OK when we don't look like the real musician...Why do you buy a game if you are as good as the real MJ. lol

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 4:43:33 PM PDT
ChasingRays says:
People are complaining about their image on the screen rather than an avatar because... Unless you are very fit, you look pretty dumpy trying to dance beside a bunch of MJ dancers. It even captures the images of the clothes you are wearing...so comfy workout clothes look stupid also. I think a lot of people prefer seeing a cool avatar instead of their boring self. Would guitar hero be as much fun to play ourselves instead of all those cool rocker avatars?? I think not! It's not a graphics issue.. Image displays fine. That's part of the fun of the Wii version, as long as you are working and hitting the moves your avatar is very enjoyable to watch. I don't need to be visually reminded during the whole experience of how uncool I look or about that extra 10 pounds I am trying to lose. If you look like an Abercrombie model, disregard this post as it doesn't apply to you!

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 6:08:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 6:11:51 PM PDT
Ichigo says:
Thank you, D. Andrade for guessing.
I see. People don't like their own figures...but the game captures your figure perfectly. Hum, thank you for the info. I will get this game when I'm done with other dancing games. I think it would be so funny and cool to see me or my family/friends on the screen instead of the animated avatar. It's always fun and funny (as long as it's kept private.)

>prefer seeing a cool avatar instead of their boring self.

I don't know. There must be pro and con. If you really like MJ and want to "control" MJ, then maybe MJ's better. I prefer real-human-version because it's so new and cool. "Heeey, I'm inside the gaming world!"" Hey, look! ""Wow, you look stupid!" "So do you, haha!" Those are conversation we had as we played other Kinect games. And if no one really wants to see himself on the screen, then the games like Yoostar2 won't exist.
Maybe, game companies should leave the choice for us. They should let us chose avatar or our self images. I thought Dance central avatars (the instructors?) were wearing real lame clothes...real Americans are a lot more fashionable than that. lol The dance central avatars don't look real. They don't look "anime" either. I was distracted by their funny costumes. But if Square-Enix will make the dance game with Kinect (which won't happen) I do want to use their Japanimation avatars! Their avatars are cool. I will unlock all the clothes! So yes, pro and con.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Apr 4, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about