5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to MJ's World
Published on August 28, 2009 by L. Hastings

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Emotions
Published on September 26, 2009 by J. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to MJ's World, August 28, 2009
This review is from: Michael Jackson Vault: A Tribute to the King of Pop 1958-2009 (Hardcover)
If it gets better than this book, point me in that direction. This is definitely a tribute to Michael Jackson and certainly, a keepsake. If you didn't purchase all of the many magazines featuring tributes and memoriam's, don't bother. Make this your purchase instead. What's in it? Photographs galore. Quality photographs. It begins with the beginning of MJ's career which would include, of course, the Jackson 5. You can get up close and personal with the J5 all over again. There's lots of trivia questions, that if you don't know, the book answers for you in its running commentary. Yes, there is a story to this massive legacy book. Replica's of just about everything you can think of is inside this book and things you can't. There is even the replica of MJ's will, death certificate, famiy tree, even a letter from President Ronald Reagan. The book is jammed with information; when his singles and albums came out, when he did concert dates, a list of his awards, an invite to Neverland. It took me more than an hour to get through this book and I still haven't read every scrap of information. There is a complete discography, quotes from Michael, celebrity friends and ex-wives are included.

What you don't get is a lot of tabloid fodder, which I found refreshing. Yet, the book expands his entire career. If, by some miracle, you missed his memorial, it's in the book too. Nothing seems to be missing, all territory is covered. Included are mini books and postcards. The packaging to this lovely, coffee table book ccomes with a slipcase. My inner book was not shrink-wrapped, but in fine condition. It is a great conversation piece and anyone who picks it up won't be able to put it down. At this amazing price and amazing quality, I don't see how it can be improved upon. Who is this book for? Anyone who is a fan, naturally.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece..A Treasure for any MJ fan..., August 28, 2009
Just got this book today. I am not good with words, especially at 12:30 in the AM.
After going through the whole book, I agree with everything said by the first reviewer.
I have bought every single magazine since MJ died, but I would have left them all in the store if I knew I was going to get this treasure.
I wish that all of Michael's fans had this book. It is magnificent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Michael, September 2, 2009
I am so pleased with this book I saw it yesterday at walmart and had to buy it. This book is beyond amazing and all MJ fans absolutely need to get this. It has Michael's entire life/career and all the beautiful pictures, and extras it contains is really something special (just like Michael was). This book definately lives up to the name of being a collecter's edition. This book is worth the price and definately a collecter's item for all MJ fans to have. It makes me feel as if MJ would have put this book together himself and presented it to all us fans because he loved us and we loved him. It is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson Vault:A Tribute to the King of Pop 1958-2009, September 12, 2009
This is the greatest collection of things you can have to remember The King Of Pop with. It's full off things and information. There are little pockets that have remakes of tickets, cards, copy of will, death certificate and so much more all in little pockets on pages through book. It's amazing and a for sure must have if you are a Michael Jackson fan. I recommend this item 100%!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Emotions, September 26, 2009
The product's purpose is beautiful. It is filled with memories and document copies of Michael Jackson's fascinating life. I was taken aback by a copy of his death certificate. I couldn't look at it once I realized what I was holding. Maybe I'm still not ready to deal with his death, or its because I honor his life way too much to be pulled into the exploitations that continue after his death. Even a copy of his patent for the shoes he had especially made for Smooth Criminal are included.........a magician's secret exposed! If it weren't for my broken heart and the death certificate I would give this well-intentioned book a 5-star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, September 21, 2009
This book is a must have. It definately shed light on Michael's career and his good deeds. Everything positive that he has done throughout his career. Once you purchase this amazing tribute book to him. You will not want to purchase any other magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tribute to Michael, September 21, 2009
I got this the other day and its alot bigger than I thought comes with a nice slip cover. It has lots of nice pictures through out Michael life. It has little sleeves with trivia and other pull out stuff such as marriage license, will a patent for the lean in smooth criminal. Plus much more. So if you like Michael Jackson like I do get the book you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tribute fit for a "King", September 30, 2009
I had received my book and really like that it was in a beautiful case. This tribute is undescibable, it is so touching, and it speaks about Michael's history as an entertainer. Photo's from when he was a little boy, so cute, and pictures when he was with the Jackson 5,and all the way through his career. As you turn a page there are little pockets which have trivia questions, a sticker and family tree, his will,and much more. I didn't know Michael had a patent on shoes inwhich he designed for the purpose of anti-gravity illusion. Michael Jackson was a genius, what I found interesting is Resolution 600, which is honoring an american legend and musical icon this is in here too, very cool to read. Everything in this vault took careful planning, and time to put together a piece of history, and it was done with love, because Michael Jackson deserves no less.It is a fun book, and yet it brings to life our greatest legend, Michael Jackson. I can't say enough about the photos they are perfect,even the memorial ones.You won't go wrong getting this tribute,Michael Jackson is on every page. It was made with honest, to goodness love and respect of the greatest human being that ever lived, Michael Joseph Jackson. Enjoy yours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tribute, October 15, 2009
I purchased this book in lieu of purchasing numerous magazines about the King of Pop.
The book quality is excellent and the fact that it is in it's own case is a bonus.
The book covers the span of Michael's career in a positive way and also includes funeral pictures. There is no tabloid fodder or negativity in this book.

The book is a great antidote to the horrendously biased and prejudiced coverage of Michael's death ( I mean prejudice in the true sense of the word - RACIAL).
The American press could not accept that Michael is a world wide icon who is revered in and outside of the United States. His fame supersedes that of Elvis' and I can say that unequivocally because I was an adult when Elvis died.
A great coffe table book that is reasonably priced and a great conversaton piece.
I recommend the book to all of his fans and those curious about his life. It is a fitting memento of his career.

5.0 out of 5 stars an mj treasure, December 3, 2009
this book is a treasure for sure -

1. tons of top quality excellent photos (it's like i'm in "i-max" on every page!)
2. inside the front cover, there's a pamphlet with great photos and tributes
3. copies of jackson 5 tickets to a concert inserted inside a pocket
4. trivia booklets and timelines included
5. handwritten lyrics of the song "beat it"
6. goes through every album and brings out the highlights
7. marriage certificate to lisa marie included
8. letter to mj from ronald reagan included
9. tributes to mj's awards included
10. copy of mj's will inside
11. copy of mj's death certificate included

stages of mj's life all in here - excellent book!

on the back cover, this statement sums it up well; "the book in your hands is a tribute to the life of michael jackson, and its pages tell his story as you've never experienced it."

ARRAY(0xb21328a0)

Michael Jackson Vault: A Tribute to the King of Pop 1958-2009
Michael Jackson Vault: A Tribute to the King of Pop 1958-2009 by David Lifton (Hardcover - August 25, 2009)
Used & New from: $11.84