Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Michael Kors Ceramic White Watch MK5161
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon November 29, 2010
I am happy with this watch because my wife loves it. I think it looks very nice on her wrist. It is pretty large and I am glad I did not go for MK5163, which is even bigger. The watch is also quite heavy. The color of the case and the bracelet are the same, which is great, becasue I have seen them being slightly different on some cheaper alternatives.

The two year warranty from the manufacturer does not cover anything but the movement, i.e. any kind of problems with the case, crystal, or bracelet are not covered by the warranty, so be very careful with the watch. The movement is a common quartz movement with three subdials: 24-hr dial on the right, stop watch seconds dial on the bottom, and stop watch minutes dial on the left. The movement uses SR920SW battery.

I realize that ceramic watches are now in fashion, but I do not think they are very practical because ceramic may easily chip.

I was able to resize the watch using the 16-Piece Deluxe Watch Repair Tool Kit WRK001 that I also purchased on Amazon. I used the pressure pin remover to take pins out and the plastic side of the hammer to drive them back in most of the way. Then I used the pressure pin remover again to set pins properly.

I think if you are looking for a nice looking ceramic watch and do not want to spend a grand on Michelle, this is the way to go as, in my opinion, MK5161 strikes the balance between good looks, quality and acceptable price.
on June 7, 2011
This watch is nice and it's a great design, but the flaw is in the watch band where you snap it to close. It doesn't always snap on right. 3 out of 5 times I try to put this watch on, I'm always fumbling with it trying to snap it on - and thats a big negative when it comes to watches. Putting on a watch shouldn't be a task it should be quick and easy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 28, 2013
This white ceramic Michael Kors watch has a very clean, mono-chromatic, simple but classy look. I like the all-black ceramic one even better... but my wife likes to have different colors to match whatever she is wearing that day, and black and white are her favorite colors. (I think we single-handedly account for about 1% of the sales volume at our local White House Black Market clothing store).

These watches are fairly large... more like the size of a man's watch... but that seems to be in-fashion for many women's watches today.

Keep in mind that ceramic is fragile. when this watch arrived, the band was broken, as a couple links had shattered in-transit to us. That was not a problem, because we had to have more than a couple links removed to get it to fit my wife's wrist... so the broken links were irrelevant to us, and discarded. Still, lesson learned: be careful with ceramic wrist bands... they are delicate.
on February 19, 2015
Great watch, was brand new when I got it. ONLY THING, if it's not your size, you will have to get it fixed at a michael kors store and they can't be liable if they try measuring it and it breaks. CERAMIC breaks easily so be careful with that. $300 watch but it might break before you can even use it. Ask an employee to fix is if he/she feels confident that she/he won't break it
on March 26, 2011
I love this watch. It is easy to read and looks great! The perfect summer watch. I had another white ceramic watch from another maker and the links were not smooth and it looked dirty! This watch is pristine looking. I have several Michael Kors watches and I love them all. It's great to have a wardrobe of watches to mix and match to my wardrobe. I would recommend this watch to anyone.
on March 12, 2015
This watch is just gorgeous!
There are a number of posts on the internet about "poor" customer service at MK stores and that these mall stores will not help resize MK watches purchased outside of their stores. This was NOT my experience. The MK store staff was great; removed my links at no charge and with no fuss at all. I had to remove 5 links because I have a small wrist and wanted the snug fit. The watch looks great on! I looked for 6 months for this white ceramic watch-- should have started my search on Amazon.
on February 12, 2012
My boyfriend bought this watch for me for Valentine's Day!!
It's a beautiful watch, and arrived a day earlier than the expected delivery day/week! Great service from Watch Center! It came in the original Michael Kors box, and another box over it... and shipped in a USPS box with lots of cushion, so the watch arrived in perfect condition as promised. The watch was wayyyyy too big for me but I got it readjusted for free at a local Michael Kors store.
I am very happy with the watch. It is nice and simple, but at the same time, it is classy. The ceramic looks great, but I feel like I have to be extremely careful because I don't want to break it! The watch is a little heavy for me, because I'm pretty tiny and haven't worn a watch in ages... just got back to it after getting this watch. It's going to take some time to get used to it, but I know this was a good investment! It's only been a couple days since I've worn the watch, and I get compliments on it often!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this watch. It is gorgeous. I also love the heavy weight of it. I am extra cautious when I put on / take off as I do not want to drop it as the links will break.

BEWARE - this is NOT waterproof! The item description said that the watch was waterproof to 25m. I wore in the pool for maybe an hour the first week I had it. It got water/condensation in it. Amazon was great about the return and I had no issues getting a new one. I really wish the watch was waterproof, but loved it so much that I bought a replacement anyways.
on June 10, 2014
This is one beautiful watch! Have read reviews about it being too heavy or too big, it's neither. If you love chunky but not gaudy watches you'll love this one. And it keeps perfect time. Highly recommend!
on October 18, 2012
Yup, beautiful watch. Plan to spend fifteen to twenty extra dollars to size this watch. I want to share that it is very heavy for a watch. I ended up buying Anne Kline white and gold trim watch and use instead of this one. Much more practicle at fraction of the cost. Regret the purchase now.

See 1 answered question