4.0 out of 5 stars Be cautious of everyday wear and tear
Published on May 1, 2011 by K. B. King

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful BUT
Very nice looking watch. Got it for my Bday. The band is super cheap it has started to scratch and fade only after a few weeks of use. I don't thinks it's worth the money! Very disappointing!
Published on July 20, 2011 by BF

4.0 out of 5 stars Be cautious of everyday wear and tear, May 1, 2011
This review is from: Michael Kors MK5128 Quartz Rosegold Round Dial Rosegold Band Women's Watch (Watch)
Beautiful watch! Love it and I get so many compliments on it! My only upset is that because it is rose gold "plated", the normal everyday wear and tear is more noticeable. I work at a desk all day and am hardly rough on my jewelry, but I have noticed the underside of the watch getting slightly marked up. This started happening within a week or two of wearing it. It is only on the underside, and of course I'm the only one who notices it, but this was my concern from the beginning about getting a "plated" watch. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of the marks or how to prevent them, I would be happy to hear it! Overall, love the watch! But again, just a little disappointed that such a high quality and expensive watch could get discolored so easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful BUT, July 20, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, March 4, 2011
The watch is beautiful BUT the the band started to loose color the whole purpose of getting the watch was because of the color the watch sucks like i said it is not worth 250.00 don't buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Band fades but found a Michael kors watch repair to fix!, June 21, 2012
So I got this watch a year ago for Christmas. Fell in love!! But as the year went by the band completly faded. I was so upset and since I didnt buy it from Michael kors I couldn't go to them to fix. After searching through posts online for hours I found a service center in dalla tx that specializes in Michael kors and other brands. For 32 bucks which included shipping back to me I sent it in and the replaces the entire band, the center cover piece, gave me a new battery And if the glass was scratched they even replace it. I got my watch back in 2 weeks and it's like brand new!!!! 1-800-842-8621 metro service center!!! I can't say anything better about them!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, February 16, 2012
I was so sad I had return this watch, I always got so many complements on it. But after 4 months of wear the rose gold was starting to rub off. I worked retail and I use to sell watches including Michael Kors, so I know about watches and how to take care of them. I wasn't rough on it, every time I was done wearing it I always cleaned it properly then stored it away. So when the color started to fade I exchanged it for a 2nd one, then noticed the chronograph was defective... It wouldn't reset back to 0 in thee end I ended up returning the watch.

Keep in mind though a lot of times when people complain about the watch quality 9 times out of 10 they don't know how to take care of it and abuse it and never clean it. I took care of it and it did no good. I was very disappointed in the quality of this watch.

Pros
beautiful color
good weight
eye catching
can be sized to fit really small wrist. (I have a child size wrist 5 1/2 inches all the way around)
water resistant

Cons
Color fades away quickly!
defective chronograph (Test the chronograph before you buy it)
kind of expensive

If you decide to get this watch get it in silver that way you don't have to worry about the color fading the rose gold is stainless steel dipped in a rose gold color. I do recommend buying this in a store though should you have any issue you can take it in and get it dealt with quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch but....the small dials don't work, January 23, 2011
The watch is really beautiful and my wife loved it but after wearing it for a couple of days she noticed the small dials weren't moving and she had already took out the links for it to fit her wrist. So she had to go to the Micheal Kors store to have them send it in to fix it but so that was easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 27, 2013
I was a litte hesitant to order this based on the reviews online. I went ahead and bought it. I love it and wear it like 3 times a week. So far is has not changed its color or tarnished. I got compliments at work and when I go out. I'm a silver type of women. But, Rose Gold is different and I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE!!!!, January 6, 2012
I did not purchase my watch off Amazon, I paid full price in Macy's. The watch was my Christmas gift and I'm extremely disappointed. After wearing my watch once the rose gold plating came off on the band, thinking it was a defect, Macy's replaced my watch, now once again wore it only once same thing happened. It's a gorgeous watch, just not worth the money. After one wear the watch looks cheap. I will never purchase a Michael Kor's watch again, I've had 3 two silver with rhinestones, all stones fell out, now I have had this horrendous experience even though I love Michael Kors products. DEFINITELY DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rose gold plating wears quickly, July 17, 2011
Unfortunately, like so many others here, the rose gold on the band started wearing very quickly (within weeks). At the pace it's going, my watch will be a stainless steel watch within a year. VERY disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT A SPORTS WATCH..WEAR IT WITH KINDNESS..& CLEAN IT WITH SOFT CLOTH, November 27, 2011
I must admit some watches plating wears off rather quickly. However, sometimes it is due to customers not understanding how to care for their watches, after they get them. My mother is a rugged watch wearer. I mean she wears them in extreme weather, washes dishes, sleeps in them, and possibly showers in it as well. Then when they began to look like crap "it's the watch's fault".When you get a luxury watch there is care into making it remain beautiful for as long as possible. No water, No hair spray allowed. After wearing it, gently wipe it with a dry cloth; place it back in it's case, or preferably an anti tarnish pouch, etc. This is not a sports watch; so don't treat it as such. It will look beautiful for years. I own other M.K watches, and they still look new, and fabulous. Wore them all summer.

**UPDATE: 10/08/2013 Amazon shoppers BEWARE of COUNTERFEIT MK watches being sold on this site, and ebay. Only buy from Amazon retail itself, just incase something is wrong with the watch, there is no issue with returning it for your refund.