5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Dealer, Broken watch
Published 18 months ago by PAD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, February 22, 2012
Kate (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Kors Women's MK5216 Chronograph Tortoise Watch (Watch)
The tortoiseshell is very unique and goes with pretty much everything. I was debating between this style, MK5216, and the MK5038. I've compared both in person, and the MK5038 is much smaller. The MK5216 is definitely an oversized watch, which I think looks better with this style. The MK5038 is the "petite" version, or normal sized when you think of women's watches in general. The face is a little harder to read on that one. As for the dials, I think the stopwatch aspect of the MK5216 is pretty useless; I'd rather have the dials on the MK5038. Nordstrom's carries the MK5038 if you want to see it before you buy it cheaper online (!) and they will also resize any watch for you on the spot if you ask :) I needed two links taken out of this band. Also, the gold aspects of the watch are yellower in person, not as light as pictured. Overall, I am very happy with this watch!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Dealer, Broken watch, June 20, 2013
I purchased this watch from amazon vs. nordstrom because the price was better. However, as soon as I received the watch and discovered that the timer did not function properly, I choose to return the watch, only to discover that I could not. I had to receive return confirmation from the dealer first, according to amazon. When I emailed the dealer and detailed the problem, they responded to me that the watch was fine and that I only needed a new battery. However, when I informed them that the problem was not a problem with the battery but with the quality of the watch (the timer would get stuck in the down position), they responded that I would have to pay for restocking fees for the watch (up to $65), plus the cost of reshipment, or the cost of repair (unknown amount of money), plus the cost of reshipment. So essentially after many days (the return period at this point was almost depleted), and many frustrating emails, the $20 I saved by purchasing the watch from amazon was completely negated. So now, I have to choose whether to keep the broken watch, or to pay $$$ to have a brand new defective watch repaired. I am completely disgusted, and will never purchase an expensive item from amazon again. If I had purchased the same watch from nordstrom, the item would have been replaced immediately and at no charge to me, as should be the case having received a defective item. Please take this into consideration when purchasing this watch or any watch for that matter through amazon or through this dealer. If anything happens during shipping, or if there is a defect in the quality of the watch, you will be paying a significant amount of money to correct the problem, in addition to dealing with a dealer who will delay the situation putting you at risk for exceeding the return period.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, October 7, 2011
This watch is so nice and every time I wear it I get a lot of comments about how beautiful it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, but I sent it back., April 24, 2013
I was waffling between this watch and the MK5038. I was looking for a statement watch, and that is exactly what this is. I have very small wrists, but decided to give this watch a shot even though it is the larger one. The watch itself looks a lot flashier in real life than it does in the picture. The gold is very shiny, and the crystals sparkle a lot. It is also enormous-- the watch face case is thick, heavy, and substantial. The band is lovely. I also really liked the mother of pearl watch face. It is quite irredescent and has notes of green in it that I liked a lot. However, the face covered the entirety of my wrist, so I decided to send it back. Some people could make that look work, but I am not one of them.

So in the end, this is a gorgeous, interesting statement watch that was just not right for me. I've ordered the MK5038 and I'm hoping for better luck with that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it, December 11, 2013
I wear this watch almost everyday! It is lightweight and matches everything. Definitely my favorite MK watch so far! I need another...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great anniversary gift!, November 2, 2013
My girlfriend loved her watch! Oversized and luxurious. Came fast. Good packaging. A staple in her wardrobe. Will definitely be buying her another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch., October 23, 2013
Tons of compliments. Great watch for Fall. Goes well with both brown or black attire. Would purchase all over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars quite big, August 7, 2013
quite bigger than i expected.very nice,eassy to adjust size,you can poke out the pins to remove links,there are arrows at the back part of the bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars I get so many compliments, April 4, 2013
This is a beautiful, unique watch. I will always get compliments when I wear it and it is one of my best purchases in a long time. Of note, I paid about $165 for the watch and for that price I am overjoyed with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars From No Watch to THIS WATCH!!!, June 14, 2011
Irileria Muhammad (Detroit, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I haven't worn a watch in at least five year. I bought the silver one with the clear band as a graduation gift for a friend. I saw this one when we were looking, and fell in love. To make it worse, a lady walked by us in the store with it on. Amazon had it for much cheaper than the two department stores, so I bought. It came today and I am in love. I can't wait until tomorrow so that I can have the band sized. I won't shop with the merchant again, as it took two weeks for me to receive my watch when I got my friend's watch from a different merchant in 4 days. But the watch is AWESOME!!!

Michael Kors Women's MK5216 Chronograph Tortoise Watch