Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 22, 2012
The tortoiseshell is very unique and goes with pretty much everything. I was debating between this style, MK5216, and the MK5038. I've compared both in person, and the MK5038 is much smaller. The MK5216 is definitely an oversized watch, which I think looks better with this style. The MK5038 is the "petite" version, or normal sized when you think of women's watches in general. The face is a little harder to read on that one. As for the dials, I think the stopwatch aspect of the MK5216 is pretty useless; I'd rather have the dials on the MK5038. Nordstrom's carries the MK5038 if you want to see it before you buy it cheaper online (!) and they will also resize any watch for you on the spot if you ask :) I needed two links taken out of this band. Also, the gold aspects of the watch are yellower in person, not as light as pictured. Overall, I am very happy with this watch!
on June 20, 2013
I purchased this watch from amazon vs. nordstrom because the price was better. However, as soon as I received the watch and discovered that the timer did not function properly, I choose to return the watch, only to discover that I could not. I had to receive return confirmation from the dealer first, according to amazon. When I emailed the dealer and detailed the problem, they responded to me that the watch was fine and that I only needed a new battery. However, when I informed them that the problem was not a problem with the battery but with the quality of the watch (the timer would get stuck in the down position), they responded that I would have to pay for restocking fees for the watch (up to $65), plus the cost of reshipment, or the cost of repair (unknown amount of money), plus the cost of reshipment. So essentially after many days (the return period at this point was almost depleted), and many frustrating emails, the $20 I saved by purchasing the watch from amazon was completely negated. So now, I have to choose whether to keep the broken watch, or to pay $$$ to have a brand new defective watch repaired. I am completely disgusted, and will never purchase an expensive item from amazon again. If I had purchased the same watch from nordstrom, the item would have been replaced immediately and at no charge to me, as should be the case having received a defective item. Please take this into consideration when purchasing this watch or any watch for that matter through amazon or through this dealer. If anything happens during shipping, or if there is a defect in the quality of the watch, you will be paying a significant amount of money to correct the problem, in addition to dealing with a dealer who will delay the situation putting you at risk for exceeding the return period.
on April 24, 2013
I was waffling between this watch and the MK5038. I was looking for a statement watch, and that is exactly what this is. I have very small wrists, but decided to give this watch a shot even though it is the larger one. The watch itself looks a lot flashier in real life than it does in the picture. The gold is very shiny, and the crystals sparkle a lot. It is also enormous-- the watch face case is thick, heavy, and substantial. The band is lovely. I also really liked the mother of pearl watch face. It is quite irredescent and has notes of green in it that I liked a lot. However, the face covered the entirety of my wrist, so I decided to send it back. Some people could make that look work, but I am not one of them.

So in the end, this is a gorgeous, interesting statement watch that was just not right for me. I've ordered the MK5038 and I'm hoping for better luck with that one.
on October 7, 2011
This watch is so nice and every time I wear it I get a lot of comments about how beautiful it is.
on April 4, 2013
This is a beautiful, unique watch. I will always get compliments when I wear it and it is one of my best purchases in a long time. Of note, I paid about $165 for the watch and for that price I am overjoyed with the purchase.
on February 28, 2015
I love this watch! Have been wanting it for 9 months and have been watching the price rise and fall. I bought it at what I thought was probably near the lowest it would be. I love the look and feel of it. I am saving it to wear for dressy occasions since I am really rough on watches. I love the color of the band and the face. Just really classy looking! Had one link removed because it was quite big. I have a slender wrist and it has the look of a bracelet. Just the perfect look I wanted. I love it, love it, love it!
VINE VOICEon May 23, 2012
I was a little worried this watch would be too gaudy, but it looks great in person. A little more subdued. As I mentioned my gf loved it. It has a substantial feel to it and is just the right size. Its colors go great with her blonde hair. (If tortoise shell shades look good on you this will too.) Its easy to set, the chrono works great and very easy to read.

I would suggest not adjusting the size yourself. I have a number of watches, and the neccessary tools and it took me way too long. They dont use the spring pins and theyre very tight in there, maybe they used a smidgen of locktite.

Regardless the gf loves it and as a watch snob myself, i can say this watch is pretty good quality for a fashion watch at this price.
on February 3, 2014
I love the tortoise bracelet on this watch and have received many compliments. I did have to take it to a jeweler to be resized because the bracelet was quite loose and I do not have a delicate wrist. But it was worth the effort and extra expense because I love the watch.
on April 8, 2013
I really like this watch, needed some adjustment, but it is so pretty n unique that it gets compliments on the regular n though its kinda large, it isn't real heavy... n Big is in. If worn more like bangle it looks like striking accessory for lots of outfits. Glad I bought it. Now wanna get a complimenting man's style for my hubby n I to match.
on October 1, 2013
I bought this watch for my wife on her birthday. She loves the look of this watch. It is a great timepiece with a large easy to read face. There is just the right amount of glitter with the faux diamonds and gold colored case.