Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Michael Kors Women's MK5217 Oversized Horn Watch, Ivory Tone Plastic Link Quartz Chronograph Gold Tone Mother Of Pearl
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 10, 2011
I was looking for a Michael Kors watch, for approx a week, but could not decide from the many styles. Finally, I chose this one when I saw a live pic on another site. It ranked high on my visual style scale; used to determine if I would like it long term, or not. So in saying that, I bought it. I am pleased to say, it is gorgeous. The materials are good; but the design, coupled with super excecuted craftsmanship, and attention to details, is what makes this watch so breathtaking. The resin horn bracelet is not yellow; it is like a frappachino with a smidge of honey swirled within; so beautiful. Also, lightweight & extremely comfortable. Love the 3 functioning subdials. But what sets it all off, is the gold trim on everything. Markers which are gold faceted, with 2 swarovski crystals inset. Minute, and hour hands are trimmed in gold, with luminous tritnite in the center. It is amazing that the mother of pearl dial reflects, the cream color in the bracelet, as well as blues, pinks, and greens. The face is large, and prominate, but since the bezel is narrow, it's not overpowering, nor manly looking.
I have stepped outside of my box when it comes to designer watches. I prefer the Italians, and Swiss, because they are built with heavy duty materials, and they don't look cheap. This designer has changed my perception. Lesser expensive can be beautiful as well, if done with awesome design, and a manufacturer that can do the design justice. I pray that the gold on the case, and bezel doesn't fade, like the 18, 24kt. gold electroplated stainless does. However this Michael Kors watch 5217 was a fabulous buy @ 177.00, and I am proud to wear it!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow up: Oct. 17,2011.. The trim on the watch is still yellow gold; and has not faded. I even wear it during rainy, humid weather. Still looks great! I must inform others; Put your watch on after your hair is finished...No hairspray. I do wipe my watches off after I take them off, then I put them back in their case.

Follow up: Nov.27,2011.. Still yellow Gold, and shiny. And still get'n compliments on it.

Follow up: Oct.09, 2013...still beautiful yellow gold, and still shiny. However not a deep gold as purchased, but I am the only one who notices that. Others still grab my wrist in awe.

I have purchased watches that were way more expensive; and also clad in 24kt. that started to fade on the first day out the box.
on January 21, 2011
This watch is absolutely beautiful! It is even prettier in person than in the picture. Exactly what I was hoping for. I love the big face on the watch and the horn colored band.
on April 10, 2013
I just received this item in the mail from the vendor. I was un-impressed from the beginning. I have been collecting watches for a while, and especially love the Michael Kors collection. Here are my reasons for this bad review:

1. The watch came in the original case with the wrong holder. The holder was too big to fit in the case. Definitely an eyebrow raiser.
2. The packaging. Worse I've ever seen! Since the watch did not fit in the case, it was being tossed around in the box. Was there protective bubble wrapping in the box? NO!!!! There was also no receipt in the box either.
3. The watch itself. FAKE!! This was the tip of the iceberg for me. I knew it just by looking at it. Didn't even have to hold it. I took it to Macy's later that day and compared. Yes, absolutely 100% fake.
4. Customer service. I sent feedback to the seller and yet, no respond. They obviously know what they are doing is wrong!!! How are you going to try and sell a knock off for almost the same price as the original?

So now I shipped the item back and hoping they will not give me any headaches about the return since I have not gotten back their response.
on October 8, 2012
I bought this watch and after I received it, It took it to a Michael Kors store in order to have it sized. They couldn't do because the pins in the chain wouldn't move. So I took it to a Watch repair store willing to pay for the service. They couldn't do it either! They Removed a few pieces but not all the ones I needed. Professionals from both stores said "there might be a problem with your watch", since the parts from this whatch and the ones avaiable on the stores I went to, are totally different!!!
on June 29, 2011
I'm so in love with this watch! I get so many compliments on this watch and it's very stylish. I will admit i thought it wouldn't look anything like this picture, but it really does. It's everything and more! Price was great and the quality of this watch is awesome!. In fact i'm gonna purchase another MK watch!
on October 11, 2011
Original product. When I bought, I was afraid, because there is a huge price difference compared to the price of the Michael Kors store. I thought that was not original, but I was very satisfied with the product.
on March 18, 2013
I saw this watch on a patient of mine and fell in love with it. She told me she got it as a gift 18 mo - 2 years ago. After searching I bought 2 similar MK styles from Amazon. Both are acrylic and are discontinued styles. They both arrived promptly. I loved the band on this watch best because of the link style and the warmer carmel color. My family liked another MK with more bling on the face. During the time that I was taking to decide which one I preferred, I noticed that this styles MK 5217 band was broken. It still has the tags and plastic on it. All I did was take it out of its box a few times. After trying endlessly to reach "JomaShop" phone customer service I used my lunch hour to send them an e-mail. Regretfully, they were not willing to exchange or return the watch because it was past their 30 day return policy. That was a huge disappointment. Most stores that I shop at offer 90 days for returns or more and bend over backwards for their good customers.
Their reply to me was polite and but rather kurt. Simply put "SORRY".
That is just not good enough. Shame on you JomaShop. I will never purchase anything from you again!
on March 9, 2015
Love this watch it looks so fancy, the size is big but that's what I was going for, I get a lot of complements on it. it is well made does not feel cheap it actually has some weight to it but it is not heavy on the wrist
on April 2, 2014
I just purchased this as a gift for my wife...it arrived yesterday. The watch is beautiful! It seems well constructed and very solid. It is oversized (which we wanted) and the working chronograph is a nice touch...even though she will never use it. I did have to take a couple of links out of the bracelet for a better fit but that was very easy. Shes loves so I love it. I only gave it four stars because it is only a day old. By the way, it even comes in a nice box!
on June 26, 2014
I bought this watch as a gift for my girlfriend and she loves it. It rarely comes off her wrist. She is an optometrist and claims she gets compliments on her watch constantly. This watch (along with others) was on her Amazon wish list. I had a really hard time making the decision to buy this watch. I read every review and checked online reviews as well as EBay reviews. I also checked every possible source for prices. eBay had several auctions for different Michael Kors varieties including this one but the minimum always turned out to be at least $150 which matches the Amazon price. Amazon of course offers brand new watches and free shipping. The other thing I struggled with was buying a watch with a plastic band. That was a hard hurtle to get over but I am glad I did. The band is quality and looks very nice. Also I doubt there is anyway to achieve the color and tones without actual Ivory and I happen to be fond of elephants. I also like the other animals that have Ivory parts.