Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Michael Kors Midsized Chronograph Gold Tone Womens Watch MK5055
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Gold|Change

on August 17, 2011
I bought this watch for my girlfriend. It looks awesome, she loved it and got tons of compliments. Within two weeks though the goldtone coating began to wear off, showing the silver stainless steel underneath. Turns out, the goldtone plating is only a few 'microns' thick and wears off pretty easily. Particularly in high wear areas but also in others. Within 4 weeks it was wearing off between links and even around the face where it doesn't rub against anything.

I contacted Michael Kors and the warranty repair company who were accommodating but informed that this was not covered under the two year limited warranty. They will make a repair on the band but at a cost of $30+ dollars which will last for who knows how long.

I'm going to look for another watch that's better quality in the same style.
33 comments|195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2010
I'd been eyeing this watch for a while and finally decided to check it out in person at the Michael Kors store. I was planning to buy it on Amazon since it was marked down on here to $187.50, but when I mentioned that at the MK store and showed them the listing, they informed me that they offered price matching, so I got it there (just a helpful hint to anyone who has an MK store in their area). The watch is beautiful and very stylish. Yes, it's definitely larger than an average ladies watch, but this is the midsized version, so it's not huge like the oversized one.
55 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2012
I have been looking at this watch for at least a year, I finally decided to purchase it, and...it's beautiful! Very well made, not too heavy but it does have some weight to it, the gold tone is gorgeous, I've had it 3 days and have received a TON of compliments on it! Looks great layered with other bracelets, would DEFINITELY purchase again! Came with the original box & MK Care Instructions, also the original MK price tag... VERY fast shipping! Now I am eyeing the silver tone & ceramic watches by MK and will definitely purchase them from this seller again. Very Satisfied!
review image
on February 1, 2013
I'm not surprised that this watch has 5* rating all around. It's really IN right now. And I have to say it's popular for very good reasons, since this watch is beautiful and supper stylish. I mostly wear it with various little gold toned bracelets from my collection and always get compliments on it. I'm really impressed with the quality as well, since it's very light however also sturdy. I never really use chronograph on my watches, but the date window is really useful. All around a very good value for the money, especially now when gold watches are so popular. Highly recommend!
review image
on October 10, 2013
I've owned this watch for almost 2 years and it is my fallback watch when I can't decide what else to wear. I own 6 MK watches and this one is definitely my staple.
on December 26, 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for. The size is great for my small wrist. It's beautiful and it was a great price. I love it!
on January 15, 2014
Watch was not authentic I gave this as a gift to only find out a year later I was sold a fake watch.
on September 8, 2015
This is a beautiful watch. It is heavy and very well made. It is a classic look that really gets attention. Unfortunately, the links do wear quite quickly. Because of this, I call the company and purchase extra links. I take it to my jeweler to replace them. It used to be $32 to replace the band, but now it's a whopping $60. BUT, for the price, they literally replace the entire thing. I currently have 4 watches and each one has been well worth the price. Because of the gold wearing off so quickly, I tend to favor the silver-tone more. They all look fantastic stacked with bracelets. I purchased one of Amazon's platinum plated cz tennis bracelets and it looks just as good as my real one and they BOTH look phenomenal with this watch. You will not be disappointed. Just buy from a reputable seller. This is a good investment piece and it's worth the extra $40 you'll spend.
on July 6, 2010
This is a very nice wrist watch... just right for the feminine hand, it looks spectacular (more like a $300 watch if you ask me)!
on March 31, 2012
perfect watch and i love it.. not too big, not to small..like the color not too flashy..but need to remove some links, but all in all its perfect!