4.0 out of 5 stars Rose gold + bf watch
Published on November 7, 2011 by Chrissy

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, But...
Published on January 29, 2012 by DC Vipers

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, But..., January 29, 2012
This review is from: Michael Kors Women's MK5263 Blair Rose Gold-Tone Watch (Watch)
I got this watch for my wife about 1 year ago. She loved it and still does; however, my only complaint is the rose gold color starts to wear off after wearing it for about 6 months. She didn't wear it every day, and the color started to wear off and silver started to show through. Not the most inexpensive watch on the market, and I expected higher quality in Michael Kors' watches.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad craftsmanships for a designer brand watch., November 6, 2012
I purchased this watch from Nordstrom for my birthday and less than two months later, I noticed one of the crystals fell out; another month later a second crystal fell out! I was shocked because I had this watch for less than four months and it was falling apart. Luckily, I called Nordstrom and realized they have a generous return policy (I also kept all my receipts, boxes, and links it came with). I went to exchange my crystal-missing watch for the same style watch. I thought I was good to go, but, yet again, two months into wearing this watch, a crystal fell out again.

It got me thinking--is it the way I handle my watch? However, I always remove my watch before showering and I did not recall any particular incidents where I could have hit the watch up against something hard. I also don't live anywhere particularly hot so the sealant could not have melted. During my second visit to exchange my watch (again), the associate who was assisting me with the exchange told me she too had returned this particular style watch. To my not so much of a surprise, she said it was because the crystals fell out. I then concluded that this style of watch was poorly constructed. This watch is made in China. Michael Kors usually has decent quality control but I cannot be so sure anymore.

Aside from its poor make, this watch looks great on just about anyone. It comes in several colors to fit a variety of styles, and the crystals do a great job at bringing attention to your wrist. It is a bigger sized watch so it may look/feel bulky to some but if you get past that, it is very fashionable. It looks very classy and it is an accessory on its own. I have received so many compliments when I wore this watch. You can't really go wrong showcasing Michael Kors, it is a good and fairly affordable designer brand. I love the big numbers and the bold look it gives with the crystals surrounding the face.

Because the crystals are an integral part of the overall construction of this watch, I would not recommend this watch to others. For a $200.00+ watch I would expect better quality, and how can you proudly wear a watch with lovely Swarovski crystals if it has no crystals left? I suppose if you can somehow keep the crystals on, this watch would be great. Until then no thank you.

Pros:
1. Looks good.
2. Easy to read.
3. Durable (not crystals).
4. Waterproof to 5 ATM

Cons:
1. Crystals fall out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rose gold + bf watch, November 7, 2011
This is my first rose gold watch. It's very pretty and the time is easy to read thanks to the big face. The detail of the face is lovely and the chrono dials definitely add a little more pizzaz to the face. As others have mentioned, it's pretty big since it was made to mimic a man's watch, or your bf's watch. However, it doesn't look overly masculine because of the crystals surrounding the bezel. I also think the color makes it look a tad girly. I had 4 links removed, just enough to have some slack on my wrist. It has a good weight to it, but not OMG-my-arm's-gonna-fall-off heavy. I love pairing it with bracelets to give it a chunky and an even more feminine look. I've had this watch for about a month now and it still looks the same as when I first received it. Thank goodness I haven't experienced the rose gold rubbing off yet, and I hope I won't! As with anything plated, it will scuff off where it has had friction and rubbing over time; just like yellow gold-plated jewelry.

One thing I will note - This watch was shipped from Jomashop. When I received it, two of the links close to the face of the watch has a portion that looks like it oxidized after being scratched. I contemplated on returning it and requesting for another of the same watch, but when I checked back on their site, they no longer had any in stock. It's a minor defect, but I would have loved it even more had I received it in flawless condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars A disguised Fossil watch, August 17, 2013
This watch is way overpriced for the workmanship that you receive. Mine lasted for less than one year, during which I treasured the rose gold colour and the statement size. My arm was having a great party!

However, by the end of the one year, the rose gold coating was scuffed at the wrist, FOUR crystals were missing (and each one costs $25 to replace), and the bezel was nicked at the edge. I think this compromised its water resistance, because I took it swimming (which should be fine, it being rated at 10 ATM), and moisture got inside. I took it to a watch store where they blowdried the moisture out, but the watch was hooped. It lasted 2 more weeks with steam constantly beaded under the bezel, and then stopped working. When opened up again, I saw that the battery had corroded and eaten away the entire inside of the watch.

My 4-year old Citizen Eco-Drive was purchased for less, has real diamonds instead of poorly glued crystals, hasn't lost its gold coating, and never requires a battery. This Michael Kors disappointment is manufactured by Fossil in China, so if you want a similarly gorgeous watch, why not just get a Fossil watch at a lower price point and receive the same quality?

4.0 out of 5 stars Autumn essential!, August 9, 2012
The watch is beautiful! Despite reading many reviews about the rose gold plating wearing off, I decided to take the risk. I have only owned it for a week now so can't say anything about the plating. FYI, I talked to a sales rep at MK and she said that the rose gold plating is the most delicate (compared to silver and gold) and must be worn gently. The watch is pretty heavy compared to my other MK watch but I had 4 links removed and it feels lighter and more bearable. Overall, the face is gorgeous and I love all the crystals and it also looks great on my wrist. This will be my go-to watch during the autumn season :)

4.0 out of 5 stars my rose gold watch, April 24, 2011
The watch is great, but I haven't worn it yet because the band is HUGE. What type of lady was this watch made for? I am considered "big boned" and I probably need 2 links taken out of this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, December 4, 2013
The watch I order is for me and was in perfect condition. It is very attracting watch I would recommend this watch to my friends. My Husband love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for the lady, November 20, 2013
My wife had seen this on amazon and mentioned it to me. Ended up buying it as a surprize for her. Looks great and she loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So elegant and beautiful to look at, August 19, 2013
I received this watch for my birthday and I am in love. Mine is the mini version which is perfect because it does not look like I'm trying too hard and the style of this watch is classic from the circular face to the timeless clasp. I love the pink gold tone and I can wear silver and gold jewelry alongside this watch. I have heard that the diamonds fall out and that the metal fades, but I take care of my watches, and have a Nordstrom guarantee on my watch (so if anything ever happens, I can just take it in for a full exchange or refund). I will update this review if anything happens, but for now I LOVE THIS WATCH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
LOVE this watch! always get compliments on it!!

Michael Kors Women's MK5263 Blair Rose Gold-Tone Watch