Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 14, 2012
I didn't buy this from Amazon, though I usually buy all my books here. I got this book for my daughter at Restoring Love a few weeks before it came out. We waited in line hours to have it signed by Richard Paul Evans. He was great. However, the book it itself is wonderful. My child, who hates reading, wouldn't put it down. She read it all within a day and we had to MAKE her take breaks. I would recommend this book to anyone with children between the ages of 9 or 10 and 16 to 17.
on August 14, 2012
I checked the kindle app on my tablet last night at around 11:30pm and was excited to see Michael Vey 2 start downloading. I began reading immediately and finished the novel around 3:45 this morning... Yep, it was gripping, well-paced and exciting.

I won't issue any spoilers, but I highly recommend this novel to adults (I'm 34) and adolescents alike for a few specific reasons. First, it is well-written and enjoyable as a work of fiction. Second, the heroes are truly heroic as a result of the choices they make not simply because they have powers. In fact some of the most heroic choices are made by those with no powers. And finally, who hasn't imagined what it would be like to have superpowers and punch Nazis (I mean Elgen) in the face!

Well done Richard Paul Evans! I want more!!
on August 14, 2012
Richard Paul Evans does not dissapoint with this new book! It is a fast read and hard to put down just like the first one! I loved the characters, various storylines going on that kept you guessing and unable to put the book or Kindle down! Yay for Michael Vey #2, hoping #3 comes out soon!
on August 11, 2012
really good and awesome. fast paced with surprises around every corner. exiting and once you start you are not going to stop!
on September 6, 2012
I enjoyed the book - it is an easy read and has some fun twists I did not expect. There is a part however where he goes into detail about the disturbing practices of 'Hatch' which I would rather not have read. That one part makes it inappropriate for kids which is too bad, because I think my son (11) would have liked it otherwise.
on June 29, 2015
Richard Paul Evans has created a wonderful tale around some great young heros. The book goes a little darker as well does Dr. Hatch, who is bent on Michael's destruction. Michael and his friends are also growing up and taking on a lot more responsibilites. They are learning that their actions have consequences. This one will tests their friendships and their spirits. This series is great for struggling readers who hate to read but are learning that books can be as enjoyable as a video game or a movie. I use the hard copy as well as the audio with my students and it a great pare up. My students have read the first book, and loved it, I'm sure that they will love this one just as much. Go Electro Clan!
on November 5, 2015
I was shocked by the ending - did not see this coming. These are very well-written, detailed books. I started reading them after my grandson asked me to buy one of the books for him. These are along the line of Maze Runner, Hunger Games and Divergent. I like the characters in this series of books because they are not as violent and find ways to handle things without taking others' lives in the process. They are not as dark or hopeless either, but the lead character is an excellent role model for the teen group of boys.
on September 6, 2012
Of the 2 novels Michael Vey and Michael Vey 2, this one was the darkest...not in tune with Richard Paul Evans other stories, quite different. Truly a dark story with a dark story line. I wouldnt recommend this for anyone under the age of 13.
on August 14, 2012
I loved Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25. It was a tremendous book. I eagerly waited for the next installment which came out today. I have read it under 5 hours. I am blown away!

Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen is an awesome book. I could not turn the pages fast enough. It is a gripping, exciting adventure every reader will enjoy!!

Well done RPE.... can't wait for part three III!!
on August 22, 2012
I liked this book, BUT, please note, don't read this book right before you are going to eat. There are some icky descriptions that totally grossed me out and made me loose my appetite! They did pertain to the story and plot and actually developed it, but it was still really gross and they are throughout the entire book. ewe. This is a 4½ stars for me.

I liked how the characters are developing and how they work together. The plot was also good. It's sorta like a Jame's Bond movie with teenagers starring in it.

They really need to make a movie out of this book! I've heard that many have been inquiring about the rights to this series from the author...

Also, it will be difficult to wait a ::whole:: year to hear what happens next. Richard Paul Evans, please write even faster than you already are! A whole year is faaaarrrrr too long to wait!

I have tons of other thoughts, but they contain spoilers and are mentioned below if you scroll. If you haven't read this, please skip these spoilers.

Here are my spoilers and thoughts (please skip if you have not read this book):

Okay, I loved this book, but I have a few questions:

1. Once the main group (minus Michael) escapes the compound in Peru, how come Elgen didn't send out any guards to chase them in the jungle? I mean, the Elgen really would love to get their hands on all those people and have a serious interest in punishing them all for various reasons, it seemed weird that the Electroclan could just rest right by the pipe they escaped from. They sure had no problem sending 1,000+ guards out into the jungle to try and capture Michael when he escaped...

2. I would have liked to have seen more about Michael's magnetic powers. I don't feel like he was able to develop them very well and wondered how he made himself stick and unstick with the magnetism, which was huge in saving him since it bought him some valuable time when he was being lowered into the bowl (along with his friends sabatoging the water on the compound that effected the cooling). His powers just did what he needed them to and I had the feeling he truly had not fully understood them or perfected them.

3. I ::hate:: rats. They are so gross, so this really grossed me out in the book. So, how did they get the rats from the bowl to the hallway where the Electroclan were at? AND, how was Elgen planning on getting the hoards of rats back into the bowl after they attacked the Electroclan? Since the Elgen assumed the rats would prevail, they must have had a plan to get them back into the bowl - unless it was a desperate emotional decision Hatch made out of wanting to beat Michael so badly. It was interesting to me that Hatch would take a risk like this, and risk having the rats take over the entire plant for not having a way to harness them and get them back to their caged bowl. I guess psycho villains sometimes make emotional decisions stemming from the heat of the moment and fear of being compromised...

4. How the heck did they clean up all the fried rats? awk! AND how were there ::that:: many rats to still be in the bowl after the whole sprinkler incident in the hallway? Supposedly they had one million rats, but still, that had to have taken out a few hundred thousand rats for the hallway incident. ewe, gross. I can't even begin to imagine the smells... so gross. I'm assuming that they didn't clean up the fried rats, since the whole compound was going down, they probably abandoned it. It still grosses me out thinking about it.

Now for predictions/thoughts for the next book in the series:

I think the Amazon tribesmen will let Michael go. I don't think he will dwell with them forever in the jungle. I think they are just helping him, and if they want to keep him, he will still get away. I think he will be reunited with the Electroclan in book 3, but I think it may take a minute for him to get out of there. I also wonder if the Electroclan really got to their escape helicopters... we never heard a helicopter other than the four Elgen helicopters that were brought down. Hopefully the group is waiting for Michael and I would expect that Ian can see him and tell what is happening, so they can rescue him. Ostin prolly speaks Amazon tibestalk...

Hatch was more psycho/evil than ever, and I suspect he won't be caught by Michael for a long time - to keep the series going. What good is this series without a proper antagonist? I'm very curious to see what backlash the Board has for Hatch after having the Peru plant melt down due to Michael and his friends. I also wonder how successful Hatch will be when his unlimited supply of money runs out from his only source, the Board. Will the evil Electric kids still want to stick with him, even if he has no money since the Board will clearly not be backing him anymore? Money seems to have been the main motivation of the evil electric kids to stay with Hatch. They might stick with him, since he's such a wack-job with his mind control he has over them. It will be very interesting to see if the Board gets Hatch and has can discipline/kill him for what he has done... Obviously the Board will be seeking Hatch in the future books...

I'm hoping that the Electroclan will be able to meet the people behind "the Voice" after what they did to help them in this book (destroying the biggest plant the Elgen has, and discrediting them but ruining their newest business venture of cheap, rat power) - I think the Electroclan deserve to meet these people, especially since they aided their cause big time by bringing down Elgen. I'm very curious to see who this secret organization is and how they are funded. They apparently have an endless supply of money like the Elgen do. I also hope that the people behind "the Voice" get the Electroclan's families out of Meridian, ID and into some sort of witness protection program. Otherwise, I can see this series having the same plot over and over of trying to rescue various family members of the Electroclan.

I think there is a possibility that the Electroclan will become spies for "the Voice" and that they will be on a never-ending battle to catch Hatch and the evil Electric kids. I also think there is a strong possibility that Hatch will find another evil, villian organization to work for that will help him try to gain his goal of world power and dodge the wrath of the Board that he had worked for 20+ years, especially since the Board will want to totally kill him.

Last of all, I seem to vaguely remember it was mentioned that other Electric children exist in the world besides the kids created from the machine from Elgen in California. It will be very interesting to see their role in future books.