5.0 out of 5 stars A Zappingly Exciting Read!
After an impatient year- long wait, I was excited to read Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere, the latest installment in Richard Paul Evans gripping series featuring Michael Vey and the Electroclan. It was even better than I had anticipated. I was totally blown away!

Published 16 months ago by Zazzy

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, but Lacking
This book was just as exciting as the first two, but there were parts that dragged with WAY too much detail (ie. planning attacks). Also, parents beware, what's up with all of the kissing and sleeping next to each other?? While nothing is described in a ton of detail, I thought the teens sleeping next to each other was inappropriate. Also, there needs to be a...
Published 15 months ago by Meghan A

5.0 out of 5 stars A Zappingly Exciting Read!, September 17, 2013
Zazzy (Crystal Lake, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere (Hardcover)

The end of MV2 left us breathless and left Michael Vey, his mother and his friends still in the jungles of Peru. Michael has become separated from the rest after a harrowing ordeal with the Elgen. With his mother finally safe as told to him by an old friend, Michael together with new friend Tessa, eventually reunites with his Electroclan. The brave and loyal band of cohorts face many obstacles that just might keep them from their ultimate mission, to sink the Ampere and dethrone the devilish Hatch who has become more powerful than anyone could have imagined. This book keeps readers glued to every page. This a shockingly exciting, emotionally charged chapter of the Michael Vey series.

Richard Paul Evans does an fantastic job at keeping both kids, teens and adults interested and engaged in all of the books in the Michael Vey series. RPE is truly a master storyteller that has kept the energy and sparks flying throughout this fun adventure. I will be recommending this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Enjoyable Ride With the Electroclan, October 3, 2013
Wow! I just finished this latest installment and I wasn't a bit disappointed. Richard Paul Evans' mind doesn't work like the rest of our's and he leads you down a predictable though convoluted path that just makes you crave for more and more, like some alley junkie looking for his next fix. This is a continuing saga in a soft, sci-fi package and you cannot help but like the group of young protagonists as they go about their business of saving the world from an evil, really evil, character. Can't wait for the next installment. I'm 64 but in my mind's eye as I read this novel, I became 16 again! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars blown away, September 17, 2013
A Kid's Review
This book was fantastic! I read nonstop for about 2 hours to complete this book. I have read the other books 4 times and this book followed up perfectly. I totally recommend this book and you should buy it right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Veyniac" Review, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere (Hardcover)
After reading the first 2 installments of this series 4-5 times each, I couldn't wait for this book to come out. About 3 or so hours after the my preordered, kindle version of the book downloaded, I read it. I read non-stop until the book was done. I was extremely disappointed when it ended, because there was no more left to read! Now I have to wait an entire year before I get to continue this epic adventure. The only small problem that I had with this book, is that it's a little too predictable, but there are still a few surprises that will raise your eyebrows. If you have read the first 2 Michael Vey books, you will not be able to put down the book. So quit wasting your time reading this review, and buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Prisoner of cell 25 and Rise of the Elgen, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere (Hardcover)
I just love these books and I'm 64 years old and I would like my grandson to get started on them. Keep the books coming. I'm waiting right now for the 3rd book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading!, October 19, 2013
This review is from: Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere (Hardcover)
I think this is a great book for preteen, and teenagers, and for adults to read to their 8, 9, year child or grandchild. Richard Paul Evans brings the reader right into the dangers the teenagers are in and describes the out come in a way you can't put the book down, I bought #1 the prisoner of cell 25, #2 Rise of the Elgen and #3 Battle of the Ampere for myself and the 3 volumes for my 11 year old Grandson. Keeps the kids away from the i-pads.

Marie Kelley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book in History, October 3, 2013
Michael Vey is totally the best book ever. I love fiction books an this book is one of the best I've ever read.
--Theresa

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Hey, October 3, 2013
Oh my goodness!!!!! These books get better and better!! Man I hope they make this a movie, and do it right cause every one needs to know how epic this all is!! I am in love. That's all I have to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 3, 2013
How can you get better than Richard Paul Evans! I've loved all the books I've read of his. Which are many in number. There's only 3 or 4 I haven't read yet. He is an amazing, well diversified author; mystery, romance, inspirational, youth & adult, family values, science fiction, etc. He shares much of who he is through his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Written Like A Good Character, Good, But With Noticeable Flaws., September 27, 2013
This review is from: Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere (Hardcover)
Micheal Vey was a wonderful read, and I could NOT put the book down. We were introduced to some new characters, and were given some more introduction to others. The action was nicely written, I learned something about jungle fruits, and Michaels mother is now safe. All make for a pretty good book, if not for the flaws concerning the relationships.
For instance. The Tessa/Michael/Taylor love triangle. In my opinion, it was rather forced. Then, another instance is Ostin. I love Ostin, I really do, but for the first two books, he loves girls but can't get em. Now, all of the sudden he has a girlfriend that's willing to cuddle with him on A BED! The same action was repeated with Michael and Taylor, but since they are an older couple, I wasn't as freaked of. Until they thought they were going to die. I was sad. I was the edge of my seat, until Taylor said that she would have married Michael. Lets back it up here. They haven't been on many dates. It's an adorable, adorable couple, but we didn't get any insight on how they got together. It's mainly boy has crush on girl, flirting, trauma and then BOOM! Boy gets girl. Although I do enjoy how Taylor orchestrates their get together. Very girl powerish. But anyway. Back to my point. They've been together for maybe a month, and there been separated for half of that. They've had maybe five kisses described, and they've been on no dates. Marriage is a bit nasty Taylor, dear. On the other hand though, I love how Taylor doesn't become weak and dependent on Michael. She's strong and stands up for herself. I admire that. Despite the relationship wrinkles, and a bit of complaining, I definitely recommend this book. Four stars!

Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere
Michael Vey 3: Battle of the Ampere by Richard Paul Evans (Hardcover - September 17, 2013)
$17.99 $12.46