Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 29, 2012
I had to edit my review as it just doesn't work as well anymore.

On the packaging it says to replace every 8 months... what!?! I don't remember reading that anywhere in the description posted.

It worked fantastically for about 2 months (as noted by another reviewer) but now it's just an oversized brush that hurts her when brushing again. It's a sad return of the red teary eyes and constant "ouches". She's since begged me to look for another detangling brush... something not from the tv. It's sad that a 7 yr old has already learned this harsh lesson.

I'm not sure if there was some kind of film on the bristles that eventually wore off or what. For $15, it should do what it says for longer than 2 months.

I found another brush to try (The Wet Brush- it has pretty good reviews). I just ordered it today (Mar 3/13). I'll post a review after a month of using it.

*******************************************

My original review of the pink Micheal Mercier brush is below. I gave it 5 stars.

My 7 yr old daughter used to hate getting her hair brushed. I'll never know how her hair gets so knotty while sleeping.

Her eyes would always get red and occasionally a tear would escape while I was brushing as carefully as possible. It really hurt her and I felt horrible everytime.

When she saw the infomercial for Michel Mercier's Ultimate Detangler she begged me to order it. She even insisted she use her birthday money to pay for it. I was hesitant since I don't trust infomercials.

Low and behold, it works fantastically! She actually brushes her own hair now after her shower, before school and even several times in-between. She never has "homeless person" hair anymore.

This brush has saved me a good 30 mins a day of delicate hair brushing and heartbreaking tears.
1111 comments227 of 264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
I bought this brush for my two girls because they cry and run away every time I call them to get their hair brushed, which isn't particularly thick or long. We were very disappointed with the Michel Mercier Detangling Brush as it hurts them more and is worse in brushing/detangling hair than the $7.00 brush we were using before. Everything the company states in their advertisment is just marketing to convince one to buy the product. I would not recommend this brush at all.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2013
The wet brush... Search for it... It is cheaper and it actually works on wet and dry hair!!:) happy shopping!
0Comment108 of 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
We bought this brush as we saw it on TV. My 8 year old daughter used it for 2 month and worked great. After that, the teeth of the brush became softer and bended. Now it doesn't do much anymore, it won't even brush the hair anymore....you think it would last longer then 2 months.
44 comments161 of 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
I bought two of these brushes - the normal one and the fine one. I thought they would be an upgrade from the tangle tamer but they were useless.

They were both dreadful. They do not detangle hair at all. In fact our soft boar hair brush does a better job at combing through tangles.

Do not waste your money on these. I've just thrown mine in the trash!
0Comment51 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2013
I saw the commercial and was willing to try it if it meant less or no tears doing my daughter's hair. I will say that it is quite a bit easier and takes less time, but there was a lot of hair in the brush when I was finished and the bristles are a little too harsh/ rough/ stiff on her scalp... Although I actually bought the one for coarse hair because her hair is kinda thick. So overall, I am pleased with my purchase and I just have to remember not to be too rough when the brush touches her scalp.
11 comment54 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
We have two of these brushes -- the green one for medium hair and the pink one for fine hair. They're both awful. My daughter and I both have "long" hair (a few inches below shoulder length) and we were so hopeful that at least one of these brushes would effectively get out the tangles AND be easy on the scalp. Not. So. Much. The brushes hurt, even when you're trying to be extra gentle, and they don't do a good job getting the knots out. :(

I would not recommend this product to anyone...especially considering the high price. Truly, don't waste your money.
11 comment66 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
I have very thick, coarse, wavy, long, naturally blond hair. For decades I have had a wonderful brush that reached all through my hair to the scalp, but my luggage was lost on an airline a few months ago, and I have been buying hairbrushes ever since then, trying to find one that would penetrate my difficult hair and give me that wonderful brushing action. I am discovering that most brushes on the market these days are too soft and will not stand up to going through my long thick wavy hair. So I ordered a Michele Mercier Dentangling Brush -- the blue one that is supposed to be for thick hair. Once again this brush is a disappointment. The bristles are too short to reach my scalp. Furthermore, the bristles bent over right away within the first few seconds of brushing. After 5 minutes of attempting to brush, the bristles were mostly flat as a pancake. Total waste of money if you really have thick long hair. So my search for an old fashioned real brush continues.
1919 comments145 of 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2015
I have extremely thick hair. I also have dry scalp, so it's even more painful trying to brush out tangles. This brush works a little, but not as well as claimed. It still takes me just as long to brush my hair as it did before. I still have a lot of hair in my brush when I am done. I bought the brush at a store so I wouldn't have to pay shipping and handling in addition to the price of the brush.

I even contacted them and asked if they could make one for extra thick hair, as I think this one isn't adequate for the thickness of my hair.

I am going to submit a photo of my brush after just a quick re-brush through my hair. Hopefully how much hair is left in the brush will be visible enough in the photo.
review image
on July 10, 2013
I have a 3 year old with hair down past her butt. Combing it results in major meltdowns on a daily basis. I have and will try ANYTHING to make the process a more enjoyable experience for the both of us. This brush is not the answer. It's going in our rather large box of other products that were sure to be the answer to our problem. Save your money and your daughter the pain!!!
22 comments41 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse