4.0 out of 5 stars Brushing is easier
Published 21 months ago by Amedia Bly

3.0 out of 5 stars Edit. Hey, it actually works.. but just for a while
I had to edit my review as it just doesn't work as well anymore.

On the packaging it says to replace every 8 months... what!?! I don't remember reading that anywhere in the description posted.

Published on August 29, 2012 by Smyth

3.0 out of 5 stars Edit. Hey, it actually works.. but just for a while, August 29, 2012
I had to edit my review as it just doesn't work as well anymore.

It worked fantastically for about 2 months (as noted by another reviewer) but now it's just an oversized brush that hurts her when brushing again. It's a sad return of the red teary eyes and constant "ouches". She's since begged me to look for another detangling brush... something not from the tv. It's sad that a 7 yr old has already learned this harsh lesson.

I'm not sure if there was some kind of film on the bristles that eventually wore off or what. For $15, it should do what it says for longer than 2 months.

I found another brush to try (The Wet Brush- it has pretty good reviews). I just ordered it today (Mar 3/13). I'll post a review after a month of using it.

*******************************************

My original review of the pink Micheal Mercier brush is below. I gave it 5 stars.

My 7 yr old daughter used to hate getting her hair brushed. I'll never know how her hair gets so knotty while sleeping.

Her eyes would always get red and occasionally a tear would escape while I was brushing as carefully as possible. It really hurt her and I felt horrible everytime.

When she saw the infomercial for Michel Mercier's Ultimate Detangler she begged me to order it. She even insisted she use her birthday money to pay for it. I was hesitant since I don't trust infomercials.

Low and behold, it works fantastically! She actually brushes her own hair now after her shower, before school and even several times in-between. She never has "homeless person" hair anymore.

This brush has saved me a good 30 mins a day of delicate hair brushing and heartbreaking tears.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2 months....then it's worthless, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Michel Mercier Detangling Hair Brush for Thick Hair (Health and Beauty)
We bought this brush as we saw it on TV. My 8 year old daughter used it for 2 month and worked great. After that, the teeth of the brush became softer and bended. Now it doesn't do much anymore, it won't even brush the hair anymore....you think it would last longer then 2 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok brush, crappy Customer service, July 9, 2013
The brushes seem to work fine for my daughter but the customer service for this company is a joke. I have no idea what I did on my computer but I ended up ordering 5 brushes instead of 2. I called customer service immediately to correct the problem and they told me to wait a few hours until they had the order in their system. I called later and they told me it had already been shipped and they could not fix it. I told them I was returning the items. When I got my shipment, they charged me almost $60 in shipping fees!!!! I returned the extra brushes for a refund of only $59. So it ended up that I bought 2 brushes that I paid $70 for! I feel so ripped off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy as soon as I clicked, April 23, 2013
After reading several reviews about this product, I decided to go ahead and try it. My 7 year old really wants this for her birthday, and I figured, if it doesn't work, I can turn it into a valuable lesson about NOT believing everything you see and hear on TV.

I went directly to the website and clicked on the brushes that I wanted, it was buy one get one. I entered my CC info and clicked next. Bam!!! I got a thank you for your order of 4 brushes message, totaling over $53.00!!!!

Obviously, this is a mistake, I wanted 1 set, not 2 sets. The website did not even offer an opportunity to review my order and then click submit!!!

I tried calling the company right away only to be given the run around about how their system cannot see the order for 24 to 48 hours! PLEASEEEEE! They just want time to get your money, hassle you so much, that you don't even want to be bothered with them any more. Well, guess what!!! You messed with the wrong buyer!!!! BEWARE if you decided to buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT waste your money, April 8, 2013
A. Johnson (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
Based on the reviews, I bought this brush for my 7yo daughter. Not only did it not work any better than a brush we were already using but I got screwed when ordering it off of their website directly. [...] I bought one then HAD to get a "free" second brush for $5.99 (S&H). What a crock!! And, if that wasn't bad enough, I ended up with a third brush because the site didn't let me confirm my order before it was submitted. So now, I'm stuck paying return postage AND $11.98 for their shipping and handling fees. What a total waste of my time and money for a brush that doesn't even do what it claims to do in the first place. Save yourself the headache!!

1.0 out of 5 stars will not go thru long thick hair_bristles flattened first time used, March 7, 2013
I have very thick, coarse, wavy, long, naturally blond hair. For decades I have had a wonderful brush that reached all through my hair to the scalp, but my luggage was lost on an airline a few months ago, and I have been buying hairbrushes ever since then, trying to find one that would penetrate my difficult hair and give me that wonderful brushing action. I am discovering that most brushes on the market these days are too soft and will not stand up to going through my long thick wavy hair. So I ordered a Michele Mercier Dentangling Brush -- the blue one that is supposed to be for thick hair. Once again this brush is a disappointment. The bristles are too short to reach my scalp. Furthermore, the bristles bent over right away within the first few seconds of brushing. After 5 minutes of attempting to brush, the bristles were mostly flat as a pancake. Total waste of money if you really have thick long hair. So my search for an old fashioned real brush continues.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS INSTEAD....., April 3, 2013
The wet brush... Search for it... It is cheaper and it actually works on wet and dry hair!!:) happy shopping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brushing is easier, January 20, 2013
I saw the commercial and was willing to try it if it meant less or no tears doing my daughter's hair. I will say that it is quite a bit easier and takes less time, but there was a lot of hair in the brush when I was finished and the bristles are a little too harsh/ rough/ stiff on her scalp... Although I actually bought the one for coarse hair because her hair is kinda thick. So overall, I am pleased with my purchase and I just have to remember not to be too rough when the brush touches her scalp.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, May 3, 2013
I ordered two brushes, paid $11.90 cents for shipping and had high hopes that the product would actually do what the company claims it does. It DOESN'T! It rips the hair, is a cheap plastic brush, and is awkward to hold as well. What a scam. On top of being disappointed and paying a ridiculous shipping fee, I have to pay to return them. Don't bother with customer service. They don't care.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste you money, February 26, 2013
I have three daughters with three different types of hair; wavy, angel fine, and curly. Saw the commercials and jumped on the band wagon. Not only do it not detangle, it creates more of a mess with the ends of the hair (puts actually knots in the ends.)

Michel Mercier Detangling Hair Brush for Thick Hair