Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 6, 2011
Excellent in every way. Great advice on where to go and what to see, driving routes, history and character of Normandy, helpful hotel and restaurant suggestions. A delight to read. Michelin at its best!
on December 14, 2012
I don't mean there is a better guide to Normandy. Maybe there isn't. But I studied this thing pretty hard for months before going. And it did not prepare me well. Great trip. Go to Normandy by all means. Go for weeks, if you can. But if you can, find a better way to study it.
on February 3, 2012
Michelin guide books have always been good. Good detail but can be confusing because they reference the Michelin Maps. I ordered the map after I got the book Planing on using both on our trip to France this spring..
on November 11, 2006
The Green Guide to Normandy is, as expected, an effective guide to the person new to the area. I use Green Guides whenever I travel to Europe.
on June 27, 2009
I recently bought two Michelin green guides before a family vacation to France - one for Brittany and one for Normandy. As we traveled, I found that these were the least helpful travel guides I have ever used. Information in the books is not organized in a way that makes it easy to find. For example, there is no overview map with page references for more detailed maps. (Apparently if you want useable maps, you have to buy another of this company's products - maps are referenced in the guide but not included.) The maps that are included in the books contain little more than the suggested driving tours and some in-city street maps, so they are of little use for finding your way around the region. Also, the cities in the guides are listed alphabetically rather than by location, making the guide disjointed and hard to follow while traveling, requiring constant flipping to different places in the book. Even finding city names was not easy, since even the alphabetical part was jumbled (it is not based on the first letter of the first word in the name of the town or area.) The information within the guides was typical of any travel guide, but because these books were so difficult to use I will not be buying a Michelin guide again.
on February 3, 2016
Not as good as most of the Green guides, but useful
on January 11, 2007
As a history professor for twenty years I always required students on my England and Austria overseas summer semesters to purchase the appropriate Michelin Green Guide in order to learn the basic history and cultural specialties of the cities we lived in and visited. The guides pack a great deal of accurate detail and good maps into a reasonably small format that is easy to carry in a backpack or tote and is priced well for students and the general tourist.