5.0 out of 5 stars buyer
I love this tire ! It handles better than the older carbon tires and will grip the road on tight turns.I can go 60 or 70 miles in a day and never worry about a flat.Great colors as well!!
Published on February 3, 2007 by steve roddey

3.0 out of 5 stars A different Krylion?
Published on September 14, 2009 by M. S. Kubota

3.0 out of 5 stars A different Krylion?, September 14, 2009
I just finished 2000 miles (rear tire) on one of these and couldn't be happier. I bought another one for replacement and could not mount it onto my wheel. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that this Krylion that I had just bought had a slightly thicker bead than my other one (bought about 1 year ago) and was made in Taiwan instead of France. I ended up putting this tire on a different bike since I could not mount it on my Campy wheel (after destroying 3 tubes and 3 tire levers). I'm sure the "new" Krylion will otherwise be as good as my last one, but I don't think I will buy these again- at least not for this bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars buyer, February 3, 2007

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but weak sidewalls, June 26, 2007
with less than 100 miles on a tire had a small rock/pebble/something created a blowout in the sidewall while riding on pavement. They may be nice, light and puncture resistant but my original tires lasted for probably 1500 miles before I got these to replace them. If you buy these carry a sidewall patch (duck tape/dollar bill) and a spare tube (or two). I will probably replace my blown out Krylion with something else......

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't hold up, December 31, 2006
I found the performance of these Michelin tires to be adequate. There doesn't seem to be too much in the way of rolling resistance and they grip the road well. The road seems to have eaten these tires up...I have less than 1,000 miles on it and the tires are full of holes--that may say something about the quality of roads out here in Hawaii. I'm getting a flat every time I ride. My next tire will be something a little sturdier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Tire -IF- you can mount it!!, November 4, 2011
Bought a pair of Krylions about eight months ago for my commuter bike with Bontrager wheels. They are a freakin' wonderful tire!--easy to install, no flats, smooth ride, fast ride. I have about 1000 miles on this first pair.
Fast forward to this month, I decide to purchase a pair for my, and my wife's, road bikes. I had read several reviews on other bike component sites which mentioned that the Krylions were nearly impossible to mount on some rims. I decide to buy them anyway, as they've worked so well on my commuter bike.

The new Krylions arrive in the mail, I install them on my road bike, they are a bit tight but I am able to mount them by hand on my rims; Mavic Ksyrium Equipes.
I now start to mount the first Krylion on my wife's road bike with Oval W wheels. The new Krylions are nowhere near close to fitting the rim. -- I scratch my head look at the size, "yup, 700x23," I look at her old cheap Vittoria Zaffiro tires, "yup, they are also 700x23."

Long story short, 90 minutes, two nasty bloody cuts on my hand and one popped tube later I still cannot get these Krylions on this &*$@$*+ Oval rim!! I scratch my head again, curse some more, and put her old Vittoria tire back on, by hand, in less than 5 minutes.

Next day I take the Krylions to my local bike mechanic/guru. This guy has been in the bike trade over 30 years. I hand him the new Krylions and my wife's wheels and, after 15 minutes, the Krylions have this veteran bike mechanic cussing like a sailor.....they still won't mount!!!
My mechanic pulls out the heavy iron; a sliding manual tire changing bar, a homemade, smaller version of what you might use on a motorcycle tire; the Krylions still will -NOT- mount.

Finally, after 45minutes of employing sheer willpower,the manual tire bar, and some tire levers, the first Krylion mounts the Oval rim. Another 40 minutes, and one popped tube,later my mechanic mounts the other Krylion on the rear wheel. By this time he's beet red and soaked with sweat. He says that this is the most trouble he's had with a set of tires since the mid '80's!!!

.....now I'm terrified that my wife is going to get a flat out on some country road. There is no earthly way she, or I, will be able to change a tube with these Krylions on her rims out in the field.

So, be warned, these tires may not fit your wheels.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the sturdiest tire out there for commuting, March 13, 2011
P. Mai (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I weigh 165 lb. and commute 33 miles/day roundtrip from San Jose to Fremont, CA, putting around 7000mi/year on my Madone. I ride with the Pro3 on the front and for the past 6 months with the Krylion on my rear. I bought this for the rear because it's touted as a long life tire and the Pro3 was flatting too easily (no problem with the Pro3 on the front though).

I have 2 problems with this tire.

First, it's extremely tight to put on put. Unless you have the strength to tear a telephone book in half forget about trying to flip this tire over the rim without tire levers (this is something I miss from when I was using Bontragers). This is annoying since I often have to replace the inner tube after dark, and it's not easy to see the tube hanging over the rim. Hence, I've punctured several inner tubes while replacing them because the tube gets caught between the rim and the lever.

Second, when the tire does flat it seems to do so explosively. I'm pumping it to 110 psi so I'm not overinflating. However, in just 6 months I'm on my third Krylion. The first tire had a slice that destroyed it. That's just bad luck, but the tear seemed to go well beyond where the slicing took place. The second tire had only a puncture which a patch on the tube should have been able to fix, but again the tear went well beyond the initial point of failure and the tire was destroyed. I'm using up the last Krylion in my stock and I won't be buying this tire again. My feeling with this tire is that the protective strips have poor tearing resistance.

My next rear tire will be the Continental Grand Prix 4-Season which has 2 protective layers of vectran. Hopefully this has enough strength to handle the rigors of city commuting.

9/10/11 UPDATE: My third Krylion (rear tire) was once again destroyed after about 700 miles in same manner as the others. It exploded and ripped beyond the intial point of failure in what should have been a routine flat. The Continental Grand Prix 4-Season has had no flats since I've switched over 2000 miles ago, and I've hit some hard debris. The Continental, being a winter tire, is stickier and doesn't roll as fast as the Krylion, but as a commuter I'm more interested in not getting flats. I think if Michelin were ever to replace the puncture breaker of the Krylion with vectran that would be my choice for a rear tire because I did like the way it rolled.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good tire, July 16, 2010
Pantucci (Norwalk, CT USA) - See all my reviews
These tires last longer than the pro-3-race and are less prone to flats. They can handle small cuts as well, without being destroyed like the pro-3-race. They flat fairly infrequently, but they do flat. A heavier training tire like the Maxxis re-fuse will pretty much never flat, but they are heavier as well, and they have ribs for better traction, adding rolling resistance. The krylion is a good in-between and has treated me well for many years. flats increase with frequency as the tire ages, but they last way beyond the life span of a pro_3_race, which have failed for me in various ways such as side wall blow outs after scuffing an edge, and small cuts leading to tire blowout. If you are racing, these may be a bit slower, but you'll cross the line before someone with a racing tire blowout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these tires!, September 15, 2010
I replaced the original tires on my Cannondale Synapse with these tires. I couldn't be happier. I haven't even had a flat when I should have (glass, sharp stones, etc). These tires are a great compromise between racing tires and protection against flats. I don't know why some of the other reviewers have had problems with durability. Mine have over 1800 miles on them & are holding up great. I'm pleasantly surprised at the terrific durability.

Like another reviewer, I did have a tough time getting them on my rims, but I just assumed it was due to the tire being stiffer to offer better puncture resistance. I was so impressed, that I bought another pair & put them on my wife's bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tires, September 29, 2011
I've been riding on these tires for about a year now and they're still holding up great. I've had only a few (<5) flats in this time, which is impressive in the goathead-infested Albuquerque. The rolling resistance is the lowest of any tires I've ridden on, but they still hold the road great.

Compared to Gatorskins:
The Krylions are as puncture resistant, if not more.
The Krylions have a smoother ride.
The Krylions give a faster ride.

I'll certainly buy these again, if they ever wear out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Road Bike Tire, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Road Bike Tire - Michelin - Krylion Carbon 700 x 23c (Sports)
I ride about 2,500 miles a year in Denver and in the mountains just outside of Denver. This tire handles great and is quite durable. I usually get about 2,000 miles on the Krylion with very few flats. I've ridden several different tires, including the Michelin's Pro 3 Race and Lithion, but have found that the Krylion best suits my needs of wanting a durable tire that handles well.