Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 6, 2000
In the acknowledgements to his "Mick Jagger. Primitive cool" book Christopher Sanders mentioned that "it is not, in any sense, an 'authorized' biography". Nevertheless, this is Mick Jagger's biography, well written and with a lot of factual material (not to mention good chosen photos) in it. And, which I think is very important, it tries to be objective. It represents "outsider's" point of view. What I really like, is that this book is NOT like, say, Tony Sanches's "insider's" story, which, in my opinion, built mostly on exposing author's negative attitude towards everybody (except himself). Nothing of the kind. This is really good trial to synthesize and analyze existing material, to provide reader with the complex view of our rock-n-roll time in general and of Mick Jagger who still plays one of the leading roles in it (and "It's curiously tempting to bet on him lasting twenty (years) more"). Written with reall interest in subject and high respect to the Star and people around him this book defenitely should be read by every Rolling Stones's friend.
on November 27, 2005
Never read such a pack of lies in my entire life. The Englishman gives new meaning to the word filth. The book wants you to believe that Mick Jagger is a closet gay and has many gay lovers. Sandford alludes to Royal indiscretions and large pay-offs to keep things under the covers. Do you really believe that Charles and Mick were an item in the 70's? Do you believe it?
on February 18, 2013
Good factual stuff and very well-written, but:

I read the original hardcover a while ago and it was full of raunchy sex, and lots of it--men, women, cats and dogs. and more men. and women.

this is a later edition I got for my partner and all the gay sex has been taken out. Mick must have made a monetary offer the author couldn't refuse.

oh well.