5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buds For Your Bucks
Published on June 16, 2009 by Eliot Jacobsen

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, while it lasted
Worked fine for two months. Good build, decent quality sound and good sound stage though a bit underwhelming. Comfortable shape - easy to pick the correct bud, stable during workouts. After two months, the left piece started losing sound. The driver tends to get dirtier than usual due to design.
Published on March 12, 2011 by G. Anil

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buds For Your Bucks, June 16, 2009
This review is from: Micro HD Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
OK. I'll admit it. I'm an earbud junkie. I've spent thousands and own more than 3 dozen different models of earbuds. Apple, Skull Candy, Sony, Phillips, JBL, Shure, Etymotic, Klipsch, Ultimate Ears. From $10 to $500. I've heard them all. I even produced my own line of headphones (HeadSpace). But hands down, these JVC HA-FXC50 earbuds are by far the best sound for the money or even several times the price. Clear, dynamic, detailed highs (not shrill). Solid and very low bass (not muddy). And accurate midrange. Light, comfortable fit and they stay in very well because of their little arm that tucks into the fold of my ear. Their sound is just shy of top of the line UE's but they're 1/10 the price and are far more comfortable.

I didn't expect to love these but these little babies are, without a doubt, my new favorites at any price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good product, October 11, 2009
D. J. Horan (Chapel HIll, NC) - See all my reviews
I've tried a number of earphones and the quality never blew me away. I settled on the apple supplied earphones and didn't mind them. I read a review on this item and bought a pair. Initially I didn't think they were very good. However, I continued to play around with the fit and once I had the right silicone fitting and placed it in my ear correctly I was blown away. The bass became deep and powerful. Sometimes a little too much. Something I never encountered before in an earphone. Can't comment on the longer term product quality as I've only had them a few days but I have been very pleased with the quality of this item and would strongly recommend it. In closing, it's all about the fit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very surprising at this price point, September 4, 2009
I just got these yesterday. After an all-night burn-in, I am well impressed. The sound is better than the entire Sony range--I have tried several, and these handily outshine any. Sound characteristics: very wide dynamic range, deep bass that isn't boomy, very crisp high-end that is not at all tinny or shrill, maybe just a tad sibilant at times. Very natural, very realistic. Very adult-sounding.

Slight shortcomings-- a tiny bit of distortion on some bass-heavy tracks. Not much in the package, just a felt pouch. The cord is on the short side. In-ear fit it is a bit fussy at first. These insert a bit deeper than many "earbuds", so a snug fit is crucial to the sound. The earpieces are rubber, not that ultra-thin silicone, so on the positive side they seem more rugged.... maybe a bit less pliable however. I use the medium size earpiece, but oddly, if my ears are squeaky clean after a shower, I need the large! Maybe your ears need to build up a thin layer of goo to make the earpieces fit properly.

Overall, I really can't imagine much better for 27 bucks. You won't see anyone else with em.

5.0 out of 5 stars THESE RAWK!!!, April 8, 2009
Alright lemme get started.. i have owned some pretty nice earbuds.
Ive owned the $100 Bose earbuds, countless $14-50 Skullcandy's. the apple ear buds and the in ear ones, the Beats by Dr. Dre, and the near legendary $119 V-Moda Vibe II Earbud Headset and let me tell you something these easily outshine all the others... their sound is remarkable! the bass is deep and clear, the mids are nice and crisp, and the highs are ear shattering "in a good way" :-)these have enough awsome ingrained in them that they handle pretty much anything from Rock and Rap to Polka and country!

now lets get down to the nitty gritty.

Sound=remarkable you can feel the bass in your ears,they got some nice volume to them also
Fit= these fit great.. and are very comfortable cant even tell their in my ears "they come with 3 different sized silicone ear buds also"
Cord=nice quality wont break anytime soon its a bit short though
Construction=these feel pretty solid don't think they will break without the aid of a hammer

hope this helps you guys!

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, while it lasted, March 12, 2011
G. Anil (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars great sound... while it lasts, June 30, 2010
While I agree with the other reviewers, the sound is AMAZING, but the product quality leaves something to be desired. YMMV, but I've had two sets of these phones fail in very similar ways. In one set, both drivers went "muffled" and quieter. In a second set, this only happened to the right driver. I don't know what's wrong... each set was only in use for several weeks, not mistreated or damaged. When the first set failed, I thought it was a fluke and purchased another pair (because I enjoyed the sound so much). Now that the same thing has happened twice in a row, I'm beginning to think there is some kind of manufacturing flaw... which is a real shame. I really liked how these phones sounded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!, April 14, 2009
If you own an Ipod, then this is a must!!! I didn't want the standard apple ipod earphones and so I purchased some Phillips Brand ones from wal-mart. Still wasn't satisfied. After some research and patience I decided to go with the JVC Mico HD earphones. And these phones blew me away, especially their noise isolation feature. You can really hear the crisp sounnds and deap clean bass tones with these things. I highly recommend a pair compared to Denons, Monsters or Bose and at half the price! Listen to ipod how there meant to be!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price..., April 7, 2009
I was looking for some earbuds to replace the Ipod standward ones cuz mine were baring wires. I got these for the mere reason of they weren't the cheapest and they weren't the most expensive. And I got what I paid for. They aren't crap but they aren't amazing. They are just ok. They block out most outside noise, but sometimes the sounds is muffled or echoed. All in all, I'm satisfied, I won't buy them again but they are ok for now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous reviews suggested., October 21, 2009
B. Harrington (Plymouth, MA USA) - See all my reviews
OK, so I rarely come back and rate an item I've purchased but in the case of these headphones I had to make an exception. This is because they were a big let down. After reading some of the previous reviews I thought they sounded like a decent set of earbuds. I also though the technology sounded unique and impressive and the price was right. Well unfortunately the sound quality of these units is well below average. I find the base to be non existent leaving a very tinny sound. I've tried the units with all 3 sets of ear pieces and no improvement. I honestly think the standard ear buds supplied with my i-Pod Touch are far superior in sound quality and range (too bad they are uncomfortable). I've tested against a set of Jbuds and the Jbuds win hands down. The Jbuds are only $10 too so go figure? One thing I did notice is when pressing the units into my ears the sound improved greatly, better base so they didn't sound so tinny. As soon as I release them the base goes away and they sound tinny again. Possibly they rely on a good tight fit to produce proper sound but like I said, I used all 3 supplied ear buds and no improvement. If your looking for a good cheap set of ear buds the JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black) for $10 are far superior in my book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, May 30, 2009
Haven't received this item. Was advised it was on backorder over a month ago. I emailed them last week but have not received a response. I don't know if I will ever receive this item since no one has bothered to answer me email.

Rate and Discover Movies