5.0 out of 5 stars All keyboards should be like this.
Published on November 20, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best alternative
Published on April 9, 2003 by Michael Casey

5.0 out of 5 stars All keyboards should be like this., November 20, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Micro Innovations 24P0375 Wireless Navigator Pro Keyboard (PS/2) (Personal Computers)
I bought this keyboard 11/03 to replace my standard desktop keyboard and I love it. I was initially attracted to it's compact size. It eliminates the virtually useless number pad - As a result, the keys are centered directly in front of you for better posture and it frees up desk space. I'm able to freely switch back-and-forth between the keyboard joystick mouse or my MicroSoft USB wireless mouse without changing any settings (nice to have the option for the few times that I lean back and put the keyboard on my lap). Unlike other non-number pad keyboards, this one maintains the full-size of the key pad - I've used others that cram the keys too close together. It's compact and it doesn't go crazy with programmable keys like others I've seen. Plus the programmable keys are small unlike others I've seen that are cartoonishly large and make the keyboard too big. It's wireless ability is strong. Quality level is high and it's quite sturdy. I had no installation glitches with my Windows 2000. Some have said the wireless connector should be USB instead of PS/2, but frankly it made zero difference for me. Also, I have not experienced any of the problems that I read in some other reviews for this keyboard. I strongly recommend this keyboard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best alternative, April 9, 2003
Michael Casey "Michael" (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This keyboard, also branded by IBM, is a very nice, compact size that fits very well in the lap. I did not suffer any dropped characters except when the batteries were dying. The downside of this keyboard is the mouse. It is unlike any I have used on laptops -- neither the eraser type or the touchpad variety. It's more like a mini joystick that has a very slow response speed and not very good precision. I ended up getting a seperate wireless mouse to supplement the keyboard mouse. Nice keyboard, lousy mouse.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 7, 2003
By A Customer
I was very disappointed in this product. First of all, the integrated pointing device was extremely slow (even on the fastest speed). Also, after I loaded the software and initially programmed the programmable buttons, I could not reprogram the buttons or print out a button guide. The instructions in the guide did not work as they said they would.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, September 11, 2010
G. Granger (San Clemente, CA) - See all my reviews
One of the few keyboards that actually works. I have tried several different brands (X-Gene, Adesso, AURAVISION) and they were all absolute crap. They either had only 2 feet of range, misinterpreted characters typed or had loose screws that killed the keyboard within a few hours. The range on this keyboard was admirable and the keyboard worked. The only real complaint I had was the joystick-mouse was a bit funky, but still usable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Typical of current technology, April 6, 2003
Frank Herb (Coopersburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This keyboard works about as well as any of the wireless keyboards I've used. As usual the pointing device works about as well as that of any laptop (pretty bad). It also sometimes misses, or doubles up on keystrokes. The internet keys across the top are a waste of time, mainly because the included software is pretty poor. It does not integrate well with Windows XP, and appears to have been written for a much earlier version. As usual, no Linux version of the software. Keep in mind though, I've tried many wireless keyboards in the past, and they are all pretty much like this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keys Unresponsive, would not respond to keystrokes..., May 12, 2004
idlesysop "idlesysop" (Huntington Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Received this keyboard today and was very dissapointed. I can't believe IBM actually allowed Micro Innovations to put their logo on this item. When typing, the keystrokes either were not recognized or would display seconds later. Receiver "data" light blinks showing that are you pressing keys, however, the keystrokes are not sent to the computer.
Returning item now as I type on a good/working LOGITECH wireless RF keyboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quick Review, April 23, 2003
By A Customer
Couldn't get key's to work. Mouse slow.
Returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to par, April 12, 2003
Timothy S. Jenkins (Raleigh, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this keyboard after having previous experience with an RF Wireles Keyboard + Mouse from memorex. Was interested in a combo unit. The range of this unit is barely 8ft with many "blind" spots where the signal drops out. Very unlike the memorex unit. It's possible I just got a defective unit. But an online review from another person listed simliar problems. Avoid. Hope someone can find something better.

Rate and Discover Movies