Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

• Customer Reviews

on July 6, 2013
I have heard about other children under 2 using this scooter and picking-it up rather quickly. And I had also heard about the excellent integrity of the manufacturer. So, I decided to buy it for my (at the time, 21-month old) daughter, since she has always demonstrated great coordination. Well, she blew me away as soon as she stepped foot on it. I couldn't believe how fast she was zooming around the house, as if she'd been riding it for months. We started her off with the seat attached, but after about 10 minutes, she wanted it off. She's slightly taller than average, so the seat sits a tad bit low for her. At first she would just ride in a straight line, stopping whenever she approached a wall, furniture, etc... Within days, she mastered how to turn. Again, I was blown away. Within about a week, we took her outdoors to try it on the sidewalks, where she made an easy transition.

Our daughter will turn 2 this month (July), and still uses the round bar, a feature which I think helped her master the ride, and allows her to enjoy it comfortably. I think it is well worth the splurge. She not only has fun riding this scooter, but she gets exercise which promotes strength & coordination.

The wheels on this scooter are smooth and quiet (an important feature for those who live in apartments above others). The craftsmanship is over the top. The price may be on the high-side, but it has to be considered that the scooter is of high-quality, and (because to the 2 different height handle bars), the child may keep it for years. This is a splurge I don't regret.
on July 12, 2013
We received it yesterday form my tall 20 month old. It looks sturdy and seems like a good quality toy. But the little seat is supposed to have two heights for the 1+ babies to use it as a plasma car or pedal free trycicle. So my boy is too large for the low position of the seat, and the picture on the box and the instructions tell you that there are 2 positions of the seat, one slightly higher which of course would be perfect for my kids height.

So I thought I had gotten a defectuos product and i called costumer service of kickboard USA. They told me that for safety reasons the second hole was not included in the US product!! So they only get 2 wholes in Euroope and elsewhere.

I am disappointed because this wasnt clear and I almost returned it to amazon. Also, because my 20 month old doesnt like the short seat and wants to ride the scooter but clearly has no coordination to do it yet, so i ll put it away for 6 months until he can use it with no seat.
44 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2015
This is hands down the best scooter on the market for the 1-5 age group. It's sturdy, intuitive, safe, and rides like a real scooter (zoom zoom) rather than a toy. My son has used his nonstop since he turned 2, and it is still going strong at age 4.5. I just bought this one for my daughter who is 20 months. She is approaching cautiously, but I already know that it's a great investment. The little seat is genius. O bar is the perfect height for her now.
on June 13, 2014
I got this for my 13 month old son since I though he would be able to get lots of use from it over the next several years. It is a really nice scooter and I am happy with my purchase. At 13 months he sits on the seat and we push him around the house or he pushes the scooter around himself like it's a giant toy car. The wheels are like roller blade wheels and roll on the carpet really nice. I am waiting for my son to get more adept at using this before we transition onto hard flooring or outside and I also got him a skateboard helmet to wear for when we are ready to transition to outside.

The one thing I will mention is that I originally bought the scooter without the O-bar and seat and then ordered the O-bar/seat separately. The O-bar I received had holes in two locations for the seat attachment (some of the other reviewers had mentioned that they didn't like the seat attachment because it only had 1 mounting location and it was too low). At 13 months the lower seat attachment is a perfect height for my son but I would guess would be too low for a 2 year old. So I don't know if the company is now offering the O-bar with the 2 attachment locations with this combo or only if it's ordered separate.

I also want to mention that when my son sits on the seat at this age I do keep a close eye on him because he is just learning his balance and has a tendency to stand up and lean on the O-bar for support resulting in him tipping towards the front. He did this a couple of times the first few days but I think he's figured what happens when he does that.
on December 17, 2015
My 18 month old loves this thing. We used to have issues with her wanting to ride her brother's Micro Mini but it was obviously dangerous and caused sibling fighting over an item. We got her this and she hopped right on and loves it. She knows to push with her feet and then lifts them to glide. And the kids look so silly/cute on it! Total crack up. Best part is that it will later convert to a regular scooter. A good buy for our family.
on December 15, 2014
Way awesome fun for a toddler boy! 19 months and he's scooting! Most wanted toy at the park so unless your kid is willing to share, might want to play with it when there aren't many kids around (see pic of my kid getting scooter jacked).
on April 5, 2016
So much fun! My three year old got this scooter last year for summer and I debated between the original and the 3 in 1. I am so glad I got the 3 and 1. He really liked to ride the scooter like a bike and it taught him how to use his legs to push. We then converted it to the o bar and he has been using it since last summer. It handles well and turns great. It is an excellent toy. I highly recommend it.
on October 5, 2014
I ordered this scooter in blue from Amazon in September and the scooter I received has two holes in the stem, which means I can select two seat heights. I live in the USA

This is a fantastic little scooter. My boy is a bit too young to ride it. He just turned 1 and we kind of push him around the apartment as he sits on the seat.

We live in a nice area of Manhattan and I swear every kid in the city has one of these scooters. All the parents at the playground say this one is the best and while I don't have personal experience with other, competitive scooters....I see literally hundreds / thousands of kids just flying around the neighborhood on these Micro Minis and they just LOVE them.
on March 5, 2016
We ordered the scooter last year and the seat and O-bar were great for her age. We just reopened the box to assemble the scooter with the T-bar and it's defective (i.e., missing a part that locks the bar into place). The T-bar is completely useless and my daughter has outgrown the smaller height. We wanted to use this until she was at least 5 but the product didn't even last a year. What a waste of money. Very disappointed with the quality.
on March 26, 2015
This is an attractive, well built scooter for young children. You should note the manufacturer's age-appropriate recommendations and weigh them against the mental as well as physical maturity of the intended user. Also, if the child doesn't have one, be sure to get a saftey helmet. It can be used indoors and out on any smooth resilent surface - great for parks, unused basket courts and, where conditions permit, home sidewalks. My two and four year old grandaughter and grandson greatly enjoy them. In addition to the enjoyment, they also get good exercise and motor coordination. The scooter is easy to clean with a damp rag and stores easily..