on November 30, 2011
The fleece lining is great in theory. However, think it through (which I did not) -- fleece doesn't breathe. So what happens when you put fleece up against your skin? You SWEAT. So these gloves made my hands perspire. I'm a thin, in-shape guy -- I'm NOT someone who sweats a great deal, but if you wear these gloves for just a few minutes, your hands end up SOAKING the lining. And then, because fleece doesn't breathe well, it takes forever to dry. So every time you put them on, you feel dampness inside.

Gloves keep you warm or they do not. There's no in between IMO. Hence the 1 star. Fact is, they didn't keep me warm in 45-degree weather either. Of course, this COULD have been b/c there was a hole in the inner fleece lining of the gloves I received, but the above issue is the bigger problem.

I returned them of course.
44 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
I saw some people give these gloves poor reviews on account of the fact that they ripped easily; however, I made the mistake of assuming that this was due to user error. Boy, was I wrong. Within two hours of wearing them, BOTH gloves ripped at the seams in the fingers. Had I not packed up a bear of backup gloves, these could have ruined my ski trip.

It is clear that the quality control involved in the manufacture of these gloves is truly non-existent. My wife and I use Amazon almost daily, and this product has, by far, been the worst product that we have ever picked up from Amazon. Truly garbage.
on March 4, 2012
I bought these gloves expecting to get a season out of them. While they were very warm they only lasted 2 days... The first day I blew the seam in between your thumb and pointer finger. I sewed that up thinking "ok np I can deal with this", WRONG! The next day the gloves started ripping up the fingers and the palm padding started to rip up. Basically this is a cheaply made glove, don't expect to do anything physical with it. If you want a good pair of inexpensive gloves get a pair of Axemans by Kincos. These gloves are amazing! I used them today for skiing and they kept my hands very warm, and they didn't rip at all.
on January 26, 2012
For $20, this was a good deal for a pair of gloves. I live in the Northeast and use gloves for average wear (wind protection, clearing snow off car, etc) and they stand up to the elements and the wear seems to be pretty good for those applications. I didn't really believe they would be REALLY waterproof, but I have to say I was wearing them when the snow turned to rain (out walking the dogs) and they kept dry.
on February 27, 2015
Nice gloves. Horrid size chart.

When I ordered the gloves, I selected XL. My wife noticed there was a size chart and suggested I use it. I measured 9". The size chart said that 9"-9.5" was Large. Against my better judgement, I ordered the large. They just arrived, and I feel like I'm wearing children's gloves. They appear to be good quality. I might give them to my wife.

Update: I did give them to my wife. She thinks they're just slightly large, but hardly noticeable. She's 5'5", 100 lb. I ordered the XL. They came and fit better. Still a little snug, but I can work with them, and maybe they'll stretch out after a while.

There is a velcro strap toward the wrist (you can see it in the photo). They don't put enough velcro on it, and if I have it set to the largest adjustment, I still can't get my hand in without a lot of work, so I cut the strap off. (And no, I'm not an NFL linebacker. I'm 5'10" 185 lb.)

Update #2: The winter from hell in New England is finally starting to melt, and the ice dams on the roof are causing leaking issues. So I spent much of yesterday on the roof clearing them off. This was very tough work on the gloves, scraping them over ice and roofing shingles, as well as a LOT of slush. My hands stayed comfortable, and once I was done, the gloves were drenching wet on the outside and bone dry on the inside. Very pleased with them
on January 17, 2011
I took a chance on these waterproof/thinsulate ski gloves for my husband. I decided to go large as I had a feeling these might run a bit small, which I am glad I did. The bottom line is that for the price, these are warm and comfortable for everyday use on these long winter days. Now I can send my husband out to do more winter chores. What else can be better than that?
on December 8, 2011
Gloves run small and appear NOT to be made of the highest quality fabrics etc. The glove does not extend much beyond the wrist. I have noticed similar gloves in my local stores for half the price. They are not a bad glove just not a great buy.
on January 5, 2013
Not even remotely waterproof. Got them a bit wet in snow and they soaked up water like a sponge. Not recommended
on January 9, 2014
These are good gloves for the price but I do not see them lasting.
They are a bit puffy, not held together and look awkwardly large but they are really warm.

Pros+
Great price for what you get.
Great fit for me
Very Warm padding on the inside
Waterproof thin plastic layer between the outer and inside.
Wraps snug around wrist to keep snow or wind from coming in.

Cons-
These gloves will not survive outdoor sports
Martial looks and feels low grade
The gray color is off.
Very thin outer layer prone to rips.
BIGGEST CON is the thin stitching. Its already worn out from me trying them on.
Very puffy and look awkwardly large on your hands.
on March 5, 2015
Wore these gloves for a total of 6 hrs(5 times) and already stitching is coming out from LT 4th finger. They are warm at a temperature of 10 deg outsid. I used them for snow shoveling 3 times and did not even do heavy shoveling. Fit is good; stitching is bad.
review image