Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 25, 2013
This was my second purchase from MicroBypass for my wifes Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS, and Im very happy. It works as described and now she can access features that were previously disabled, like the bluetooth phone functions and DVD playback for the kids. Installation was a snap. Heres what to do, and not to do from my experience:
1) Don't use tap connectors or other splice connectors because they dont pierce into the wires plastic jacket, twist the bare wires directly together, solder, or crimp the connections.
2) Connect the black wire from MicroBypass to the ground from radio and ground from vehicle harness.
3) Connect the blue wire from MicroBypass to the blue/white wire from Pioneer radio.
4) Connect the green wire from MicroBypass to the light green brake wire on the Pioneer radio. If it runs down to the vehicles actual parking brake, then disconnect it or it wont work.

And your done, its that easy! Thanks again!
66 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
This is a great product. I tried bypassing the e-brake by using a standard relay. Unfortunately, many features remained locked. This microbypass worked like a charm. Installed it minutes and it works flawlessly. As many have said, the old way to bypass the e-brake no longer works. A double pulse is necessary to unlock the menus and this microbypass does just that. **Installed on a Pioneer AVH-X2600bt
on May 20, 2014
I went to a the installer and they tried to sell me another piece that cost around $79 dollars.
I informed him that I already had something and wanted to try it. It worked perfectly and they wanted to know where I purchased it from so they can stock it. Going on 4 months now and haven 't had any issues.
on March 14, 2015
This product is either a one star review or a five star review. It's one of those products that either work, or don't. In this MicroBypass' case, it did exactly as it should. It enables me to use my AV camera when I wanted or hook up my iPhone to my receiver to play Apps. Now, there are people out there that'll tell you just to GROUND your parking brake wire and that works. To some extent. In my case, a grounded wire would result in me being able to view video once until the unit was powered off. I would then have to reseat a ground connection for it to work when powered on again. To get around this I put the parking brake wire on a toggle switch and then to a ground. I'd literally have to toggle the ground off and back on in order for it to work. That's not what I really wanted, so I bought this MicroBypass. It works great and it took five minutes for me to install.
on July 4, 2015
Easy to install. No special installation tricks or quirks, it just does what it's advertised to do. Super small, and basically invisible even if the head unit needs to be removed for other accessories to be installed etc. Just ordered a second one for another Pioneer head unit that I'm installing this coming week.

I connected the green wire to the parking brake cable that comes off of the Pioneer harness, connected the power wire to the line that is powering my dedicated speaker amp, and connected the ground wire to a metal dash mounting screw behind the dash opening for the stereo. Worked flawlessly from the first turn on.

The head unit used was a Pioneer AVH-X2600BT installed into a 1988 Toyota MR2. The unit that I'll be installing within the next week is a Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS into a 2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type S 6-Speed. I have no doubt that it will work with the same level of functionality as the first install.
on February 5, 2016
The original MicroBypass continues to not disappoint. I owned one for my older AVH-P3400BH and now my X5800BH and this works great. No longer do I have to jump thru hoops to even get to the navigation menu of my head unit considering WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING, is when you are going to be using that feature, so why in the world is it checking to make sure your parking brake is on before you use it, is beyond me.

Very easy installation. Thanks!
on November 9, 2013
If you want to use any newer version if Pioneer Receivers for your car, buy this microbypass now! Do not even bother to try another methods such as relays etc.

Before trying this micro bypass I have tried relay assembly as found widely in the net. Probably pioneer fixed that bypass method in its newer version receivers. It did not work for me.

This MicroBypass override easy to install, and in a snap it started working. I did not want to watch any video while driving (which is illegal anyways). All I wanted to use is my AppRadio and other functions with my iPhone 5s. Ridiculously Pioneer made their new receivers pretty much useless without bypassing.

My setup:
Lexus RX400h 2008 w/ML audio and Navigation

Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS
Pioneer AVHX8500BHS Double-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver With Bluetooth And HD Radio

Metra ASWC-1 Stere Control Harness
Axxess Metra ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface with New Micro B Connector (Black)

Metra 70-8114 Steering Wheel Control Wire Harness (Do not cut or splice your factory harness)
Metra 70-8114 Steering Wheel Control Wire Harness with RCA for 2003-Up Select Toyota/Scion/Lexus Vehicles

Beat-Sonic RX-82 Kit (Amazon does not sell it, get it from BeatSonic directly)

Overall, this is a necessary device. It is bit overpriced, but considering the efforts, time and money to get a workaround, this is a worthy investment.
on June 9, 2014
What can I say. It works well. It's easy to install and is a really good product. I easily installed it along with the PacTato interface, which I needed for my Stock JBL system, right into the Pioneer stereo radio adapter in just a short time while sitting at my desk.
on August 12, 2015
Works great. Installed on a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS and haven't had any problems to date! Lets me play DVD's while parking brake in disengaged. Beware it is illegal to watch movies and drive. This is intended for passengers in the vehicle to watch movies/tv shows.
on March 14, 2015
This is the very unit you need if you have any hope of watching videos or changing the background picture on your new Pioneer stereo. You absolutely have to put this in your cart alongside your stereo purchase (or you will regret it). This bypass was very easy to install and did exactly what it is supposed to do.